Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Help!! Husband is driving me crazy and he won't eat like he is supposed to. Wow, did not sign up for this.

CT Scan on daughter shows stones, but they are not large enough to require any treatment. She just has to let them pass at their own pace. OMG! The girl is in pain, peeing blood when she can pee, and she just has to ride it out. No, they have not given her any pain meds. This is getting so frustrating. Well, time to do some heavy research and call Boston Harbor Tea shop in my home town of Billings, Montana. Herbal remedies are the best.

My grandson had kidney stones really bad at one point. His doctor took milk away from him. He did give him something for pain though. He said the calcium from the milk was causing the stones. He cut out the milk, and so far, so good. I hope something gives to help your daughter with her pain.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:02 PM

Libster great news on your granddaughter. Isn’t it fun to share good news.

Qm I am also a difficult patient. Know what I should do and being able to eat what they say are 2 different scenarios. My hubby can force anything down but certain smells and textures really aggravate my gag reflex.

Gull stone were terrible and they say kidney stones are 10x worse. Can’t even imagine the pain she is in.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM

Forgot to say earlier that my copy of Judy Hopkins "501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks" came today. It's a compilation of the first three books that she did. Very nice pictures of all the blocks listed at the beginning of the book with page # for instructions to make each block in six sizes up to 12" finished size. I think I'm going to really like this one. I'll be set for Boom 22! Told y'all you were going to make me order another book. (Thanks) LOL
Old 08-06-2018, 05:34 PM

We’re all enablers. Shame on us. Not!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Forgot to say earlier that my copy of Judy Hopkins "501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks" came today. It's a compilation of the first three books that she did. Very nice pictures of all the blocks listed at the beginning of the book with page # for instructions to make each block in six sizes up to 12" finished size. I think I'm going to really like this one. I'll be set for Boom 22! Told y'all you were going to make me order another book. (Thanks) LOL
Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Rio says come on Mom I am ready to go floating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599078[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails c3f48be2-ef43-4215-a472-6346da10be67.jpeg  
Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 AM

I’m off on vacation #3 of this crazy summer. Headed to Idaho for a week long float down the Salmon river. I bought myself a paddle board this weekend so we’ll see how that goes! Hopefully the smoke from all the wildfires won’t be too bad. My oldest son is working in Idaho for the summer and my youngest one is meeting us there , so not only do I get river time but kid time!! Everyone be good!!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Thanks everyone, just knowing I can gripe a little helps get my head back into the game. Oh, not that hubby is going to like this when I tell him, but I am scheduling myself and possibly DD to:
[h=1]Georgia Celebrates Quilts®[/h]
June 6, 7, 8, 2019
Cobb County Civic Center
Marietta, GA

Wonder if someone is nearby here. It is a long way from home, but that is where the quilt judge venue will be and I need to attend another big show and take a class.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:51 AM

Someone is...
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Thanks everyone, just knowing I can gripe a little helps get my head back into the game. Oh, not that hubby is going to like this when I tell him, but I am scheduling myself and possibly DD to:
Georgia Celebrates Quilts®

June 6, 7, 8, 2019
Cobb County Civic Center
Marietta, GA

Wonder if someone is nearby here. It is a long way from home, but that is where the quilt judge venue will be and I need to attend another big show and take a class.

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:52 AM

How perfect is that? LOL You go, Rio!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Rio says come on Mom I am ready to go floating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599078[/ATTACH]
Old 08-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Have a wonderful time - sounds like fun!
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I’m off on vacation #3 of this crazy summer. Headed to Idaho for a week long float down the Salmon river. I bought myself a paddle board this weekend so we’ll see how that goes! Hopefully the smoke from all the wildfires won’t be too bad. My oldest son is working in Idaho for the summer and my youngest one is meeting us there , so not only do I get river time but kid time!! Everyone be good!!