Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 AM

Yes Kass they are, sending purples and would like shades of red orange added
Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 AM
Power Poster

Terri, is that first one a painting? It's so pretty! Now to go make sure I have some red-orange fabric in my stash....
Old 12-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Terri,love the colors!! Do you use Sew What Pro or Embrillance software with your machine? Ive looked at both and downloaded the trial from Sew..Embrillance is rather pricey..Which did you use with the 770?
Old 12-29-2018, 09:47 AM

Gorgeous quilt Kass.
Im really looking forward to the next boom, especially the red orange and purple fabric Terriamn. My favorite colors. I’m hoping the boom will rekindle my passion for quilting.

It was very hard to come back from Belize. It was amazing and we hope to return in 2020. Scuba with amazing fishes, sharks, rays, barracudas and coral. Many monkeys, agoutis, basilisks, panther and many many birds.

Right now we are getting ready for my daughters very small wedding on Wednesday. The relatives are arriving Tomorrow evening . I’ve still got to get my sewing room picked up and the quilts hung on the wall. Yesterday I was using the sewing machine to hem my mother of the bride dress. It’s silky polyester so I had to do a tiny hem. Then we realized it also had a slip that had to be hemmed. I wish you could have seen my 6’3” son measuring the hem for me. I needed a teal dress to match my soon to be bonus grand daughter’s dress. It was the first one I tried on at the thrift store. I came out of the dressing room and shouted for help and asked for honest opinions on its suitability. It was a thumbs up from everyone. They told me I hit the jackpot. And it was new. I told my boys this dress was it. If they got married it had to be a wedding that I could wear this dress to. The only kind of shopping I like is quilt fabrics.

Once I get the room set up for the kids and my oldest son moves to hubbies office to free up a room, we should be good to go. Youngest son is cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming carpets today and tomorrow morning. Husband is in charge of food. Outside is ready, rest of house is ready. Supposed to be 60 s and sunny. Wish me luck.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:05 PM

Sewbiz I googled purple and orange and that painting came up.

My purple fabrics are tone on tone or small prints. The same will be perfect for the red orange color

Joan I have Enbrillance but have only used it several times, the program is way above me. Only thing I used with the Pe 770 was the Thumbnail program so I could see the designs easily

MJP Wishing you a fabulous day and wonderful family day for your daughter’s wedding. We hosted mt dd’s Wedding here just about 18 years ago. Simple huh no such thing as simple if you are the hosts.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

MJP, congrats on the wedding! We had my daughter's here at our house too (they got married out in the woods). Even a small one is a LOT of work! Great luck finding that dress! And glad you are rejoining the Boom. We've missed you.

Terri, I found the perfect red orange fabric today! Now I just hope I end up in the group you send the purples to. I know you love your *brights*!
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 AM

I finally went thru my fabric and picked out one I liked and got 20 pieces cut up and bagged with a small piece of the green I would have sent as a 2nd fabric. Ill put in my note any special things I think of.. Im still debating on the 2 or 3 month group or both. Not enough fabric for both so I would have to pick another line..we shall see
Attached Thumbnails boom-22.jpg  
Old 12-30-2018, 09:40 AM

Another of my African Violets bloomed this week, this one is called Cajun's Beautiful Oblivion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605979[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605980[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0633.jpg   img_0634.jpg   img_0635.jpg  
Old 12-30-2018, 09:42 AM

I have this fabric and made a boom block w/ it for someone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605981[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I finally went thru my fabric and picked out one I liked and got 20 pieces cut up and bagged with a small piece of the green I would have sent as a 2nd fabric. Ill put in my note any special things I think of.. Im still debating on the 2 or 3 month group or both. Not enough fabric for both so I would have to pick another line..we shall see
Attached Thumbnails img_0397.jpg  
Old 12-30-2018, 10:39 AM

Ive used it on borders of a couple of quilts..forgot I still had some. I have another piece that has more green and purple but the same flowers..IF I do both groups I might use it! I love the block you made..dont remember seeing it before.