Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 12-27-2018, 09:55 AM

Janice that sounds like a fun idea, going to check it out for next year.

Weather is horrible here, first we had very light and beautiful snow, then it started raining and hasn’t stopped. Snow is heavy heavy slush. If this crud freezes we are going to have one heck of a mess.

Our Christmas was fantastic mainly for one reason only. Dd who has caused some hard feelings in the past was her old loving self and everyone had a great time, chatting away and laughing. It was a true Christmas blessing

Dropping son off at airport tonight and my oldest dd tomorrow. House will be mighty quiet after that
Old 12-27-2018, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

That's great to hear, Terri! YAY!!

I had a good 'breakthrough' with my DIL, too. She is somewhat reserved, and I never quite knew how she felt about me or if she even liked the things I made for her. But this year she told me how much love showed in the things I made for them. I was so happy to learn that she 'gets it'.

Both DD and DIL loved the little dresses I made for their baby girls. We had a fun Christmas.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:18 PM

Just a heads up for our next Boom- I just saw an article stating that there will be a USPS rate hike beginning January 27, 2019. Our padded flat rate envelopes will go up to $8.00. Mail was cheaper in comparison when it was delivered by Pony Express! Good Grief!!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:36 PM

Libster, I saw that, too. Prices are continuing to rise. I hope it won't be so much as to prohibit some from participating. And, to that end, I'm going to request no one send multiple F8s. It's not a problem for all but when multiple people send more than a single F8 and are in both groups, it necessitates a considerable shipping increase because I've got to use either two padded envelopes or move up to a box. As I could not predict if I could manage with one package, the last two rounds saw me contacting at least half the members at the last minute asking for additional shipping money. I felt like I was holding blocks hostage, something I didn't like. While this is not an issue for some, others prefer to keep the costs minimized. So, please, make it one F8 and perhaps a small square of additional fabric if you must but multiple F8s are out.

Please also remember the Boom is meant to be a pleasant experience for everyone so anyone who cannot control their negativity need not apply for membership.

Looking at dates, I anticipate posting signups in the early part of January, ending mid'ish January, with you shipping F8s to me to begin shortly thereafter. I hope to be able to get the F8s to you by the very first part of February.

OK, that's more than enough info for now. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable Boom 22 in early 2019. I hope many previous Boomers will want to join and we'll always welcome newbies to swap as well. Later, Boomers!
Old 12-27-2018, 03:46 PM

Oh...it's getting down to serious fabric decisions now! I have two pieces that I've been eyeing here, or do I want to use my gift card I got for Christmas for Joann's while their sales are going on?? Decisions, decisions!
Old 12-27-2018, 06:27 PM

I’m so excited...I found some fabric for boom 22 today! It has little birdies on it.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Just a heads up for our next Boom- I just saw an article stating that there will be a USPS rate hike beginning January 27, 2019. Our padded flat rate envelopes will go up to $8.00. Mail was cheaper in comparison when it was delivered by Pony Express! Good Grief!!
Wow! That's a huge increase! The last time they raised it, it was only by about $.10. That's terrible news for online shoppers/sellers.

Maybe we can plan at least our first mailing to be before the rate hike?
Old 12-27-2018, 07:35 PM

Glad to hear you’ll be joining us again, PamelaOry. . Libster, as always...<3
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m so excited...I found some fabric for boom 22 today! It has little birdies on it.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:06 AM

Glass blowing – what a wonderful thing to do. I just read a book to my GD about a vase that was passed down through many generations. It was made up of a rainbow of colored glass and was a centerpiece in the room. But alas the granddaughter danced and twirled and sang and jumped and the vase went down. The grandmother took all the glass pieces and went to a shed where she put them all in a pan along with remnants of other glass items that were broken over the years by the bouncy girl. As the teary-eyed child watched, she then melted it all down and blew another vase to continue the journey.

Thank you for all the kind words. Annie is healing remarkably. Physically anyway. The Animal Control, which is part of the Police Dept, will be issuing a summons to the homeowner and we will meet them in court. I was hoping they would go to the home and remove the dog, but that isn’t how it works here. Will let you all know what the judge will do.

My DD and her family have left. Can’t wait to set up my sewing machine – but first need to take down decorations and clean the house (all with my mother’s critical cleaning eye). One good thing – I have so many leftovers we won’t have to cook all weekend!

And then waiting with anticipation to play with all your fabric - what a fun way to start the new year!
Old 12-28-2018, 04:40 AM

TG, that’s a lovely story about the vase and making something new from the shards. We all could use a little of that in our lives. I’m glad your pursuing the dog owner. The owner has a great responsibility to protect both other people and the dog, neither of which he seems to be doing. I’m glad your Annie is improving. I hope with your gentle care, more than just her physical health will return over time. There are websites and people who can help you with the emotional side of being hurt. Might be worth a chat with her vet next time she goes in. Luckily dogs live so “in the moment” she’ll have a good opportunity to become her old self.