Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Beautiful work Kass!

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Miss a few days and all kinds of news gets posted! Happy to read all the good news that people posted. Here are two more blocks. Only 8 more to make.

A 2nd block for PamelaOry (she was my repeat fabric):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599182[/ATTACH]

And the other is for Billi:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599183[/ATTACH]

I have two more weeks before our road trip starts. First we will head up to Detroit and go to a ball game with my daughter. Then we will head down to TN and visit my sister near Nashville. After that we will take a week to get out to Arizona and then spend a week visiting with family. My aunt is in her mid-nineties and both my husband and I have cousins out there. Next we will head to Texas and spend a week at a resort before heading home just in time to attend the Ohio State football game where my daughter will play in the alumni band. The oldest alumnus coming back to march this year is 100 years old and even though he does not play sousaphone, he will get to dot the I. Very inspirational!
thank you Bibliostone, I Love it!

im still working on unburying my sewing machine so I can get back to block making. My girl Maggie is starting to dig and do other early labor things so we will probably be delivering puppies soon. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-11-2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

What pretty blocks, bib... The Tula Pink quilt is going to be gorgeous! That's quite an itinerary you have! What a wonderful trip.

Pamela, what kind of puppies do you have coming?

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-08-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What pretty blocks, bib... The Tula Pink quilt is going to be gorgeous! That's quite an itinerary you have! What a wonderful trip.

Pamela, what kind of puppies do you have coming?
havanese. Momma is pregnant with 6 which is a lot for a small breed. Mommas name is Maggie, poor girl, she’s huge.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Pamela good luck with the puppies, how exciting.

Biblistone great blocks both are really pretty
Old 08-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Hope Maggie's pups come easily. What fun to have puppies!
Old 08-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Bibliostone, Beautiful blocks. Pamela's fabrics had me stumped, however, I think that quilt will be amazing when finished. Your blocks are nicely done!! Have a fabulous trip!! It sure sounds fun.

Pamela, good luck with the puppies. Sure hope Maggie does well. A lot of work ahead for you all. Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:49 AM

Bibliostone, I really like PamelaOry's block and the fussy cutting. That fabric is perfectly suited to fussy cutting. Billi's is sharp. Love stars! Your more than half way through your blocks. No problem for you! Bet you're excited to see your daughter play in the alumni band. Your vacation sounds very full. I'm sure it'll be terrific with so many great events planned.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Miss a few days and all kinds of news gets posted! Happy to read all the good news that people posted. Here are two more blocks. Only 8 more to make.

A 2nd block for PamelaOry (she was my repeat fabric):
And the other is for Billi:
I have two more weeks before our road trip starts. First we will head up to Detroit and go to a ball game with my daughter. Then we will head down to TN and visit my sister near Nashville. After that we will take a week to get out to Arizona and then spend a week visiting with family. My aunt is in her mid-nineties and both my husband and I have cousins out there. Next we will head to Texas and spend a week at a resort before heading home just in time to attend the Ohio State football game where my daughter will play in the alumni band. The oldest alumnus coming back to march this year is 100 years old and even though he does not play sousaphone, he will get to dot the I. Very inspirational!
PamelaOry...this may be a first for the Boomers...Puppy Watch! Let us know how your Maggie does.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:31 AM

I was just bopping around on Pintrest and I bumped into the cutest 12.5" block and thought I would share with the boomers:

https://auribuzz.files.wordpress.com...er-pattern.pdf

The link takes you straight to the pdf instructions.

I will post this in both threads since not everyone keeps up with both.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-11-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: remove copyright pic
Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Cute block, thanks! How are you doing? Up to anything fun this summer?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-11-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Honestly, I am not a very exciting person! I have been hiding in the air conditioning sewing and playing videos games because it has been so darn hot. Last night I finally pieced my BOOM 20 top and it is ready for borders. Then it will be time to quilt it, yay! Once it it is all finished, I will post a picture so it can be added to the prestigious completed gallery