Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Oh Jaba...so sorry to hear about the exhaustion. My best friend just finished treatment for 6 weeks and they told her it was normal to be exhausted. Shes much better now..more like her old self so hang in there! Hugs and prayers from all of us will help!! I miss seeing you post but Im sure you will come back strong!
Old 08-01-2018, 12:36 PM

So good to hear from you, Jaba. I’m sure what you’re experiencing is normal but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t stink. Hugs. You are doing your part by resting as much as possible and keeping a positive outlook. We look forward to hearing the great news that you’ve beaten the cancer soon! Please stay in touch!
Old 08-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Jaba, glad you felt good enough to check in.

When I started this rosette it was going to be a partial big one for my La Pass, but I am loving this so much (I have more rounds cut just not sewn yet) I think I've changed my mind and am going to make it a full large rosette and the center of it's own quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598687[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0542.jpg  
Old 08-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Jaba, it's nice to hear from you!! You're on the downhill side. Hopefully you will regain some energy soon. Stay positive ( I know you are) and remember that you have many people praying for you!! Continued prayers for you and your family. <3

Kass, beautiful rosette!! I can see why you want to make it center of it's own quilt!! It's stunning.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:53 AM

Kassaundra, lovely! Am wondering if you can post a pic of the uncut pink print. I’m curious what it looks like. I think it could be the ugliest fabric on earth and this process would make it gorgeous. Not that it actually is ugly, I don’t mean that at all. Just would love to see your starting point.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:03 AM

Janice, I always want to see the uncut fabric when I see a fussy cut!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 AM

This is such a fascinating process, now I've got to see the beginning of this star. It's lovely, no wonder Kassaundra wants to make it the center of a new piece.

How are you, GramE? You've been very busy with your blocks, I see. And there are still about 7 weeks left!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Janice, I always want to see the uncut fabric when I see a fussy cut!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
How are you, GramE? You've been very busy with your blocks, I see. And there are still about 7 weeks left!
actually, I’m fussy cutting a block.

And kinda low, my twin grandsons have left for Air Force basic training 30 days apart. They only live a 1/2 mile down the road and were frequently in and out my door. Now they are adults! My son and DIL seemed to have been grieving before they left. Now as empty nesters, they are definitely staying busy. I have two holes in my heart. I’m trying to write Jordan an encouragement letter, but they keep coming out sounding sad. I’ve laid it aside for a day or two. Not sure why my heart is so heavy for one. Maybe because they are both gone now. Very proud, Josh who left first is a leader in his squad and wrote his dad to say, he did not understand how blessed he was and he is trying to teach his buddies how to build relationships and how to use conflict resolution skills. His dad says his voice sounds like a man now. The changes happen so fast. Hoping this funk i’m In will pass when we get a call from Jordan and hear the sound of his voice. ❤️
Old 08-02-2018, 08:50 AM

Oh, GramE, you’re empty nesting again! I’m not making light of it one bit. It’ll pass in a while I hope. It’s hard when our children leave and having your grandsons close and then leaving is exactly the same thing. Many hugs. You’ll find the words for your letter on a better day perhaps. But I’m sure he wouldn’t mind hearing he’s loved and missed as well as your encouragement.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
actually, I’m fussy cutting a block.

And kinda low, my twin grandsons have left for Air Force basic training 30 days apart. They only live a 1/2 mile down the road and were frequently in and out my door. Now they are adults! My son and DIL seemed to have been grieving before they left. Now as empty nesters, they are definitely staying busy. I have two holes in my heart. I’m trying to write Jordan an encouragement letter, but they keep coming out sounding sad. I’ve laid it aside for a day or two. Not sure why my heart is so heavy for one. Maybe because they are both gone now. Very proud, Josh who left first is a leader in his squad and wrote his dad to say, he did not understand how blessed he was and he is trying to teach his buddies how to build relationships and how to use conflict resolution skills. His dad says his voice sounds like a man now. The changes happen so fast. Hoping this funk i’m In will pass when we get a call from Jordan and hear the sound of his voice. ❤️
Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM

I am just gob smacked by the overwhelming nature of my emotional response. Thank you for your words of encouragement. They sound different in your kind voice than they do in mine!