Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-12-2018, 07:22 AM

Jayne I agree, really like that block. Will have to put a star by it in my book

Sitting on the deck with my sister, gentle breeze for a change, surrounded by hummingbirds. They are just wild. Sis is having a hard time, lots of tears. So glad I can be here for her
Old 09-12-2018, 08:42 AM

Hugs for you both.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...Sitting on the deck with my sister, gentle breeze for a change, surrounded by hummingbirds. They are just wild. Sis is having a hard time, lots of tears. So glad I can be here for her
Old 09-12-2018, 09:42 AM

Just checking in ahead of the hurricane-not sure we will get hit but we already are experiencing flooding in my area. I expect to be out of internet early on if we get the winds no clue how long till we will get everything back.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 AM

Just announced here that schools will be closing at noon tomorrow and closed Friday. Seems that Florence has decided to go a bit southward after she hits and that puts us on the side of the storm with the tornados. I'm going to my daughter's and staying until things settle down. That's not expected until at least next Monday. Southport was already flooding this morning from the high tide. And the storm is not even here yet.
Janice, seems she's heading your way after whacking Charleston along her way. Mandatory evacuations just announced for most of the SC coastal counties too. Y'all, this storm is huge.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Everyone be safe! you never know what a hurricaine is going to do. Last year or two ago my brother and his wife left Cape Coral Florida, where the hurricane was suppose to hit and went to the east side..Hurricane made a sharp turn and didnt affect Cape Coral at all!! You never know. Janice how far inland are you?? I watch people saying they are going to ride it out...and I just shake my head..why risk your life! My neice left to go to WV..she lives in Va Beach and has been thru enough of them that she said NOT this time...scary
Old 09-12-2018, 03:35 PM

Jayne - I took a double(triple) take - each block is so different - great choice for each of them
Old 09-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Jayne, thank you for my block. I love it. You can save your cocktail for the weekend.

Libster, Prayers going up for you and everyone in the path of Florence!! Very scary!! Be safe!

Terriamn, hugs for you and your sister. It’s great that you can be together. <3
Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 PM

Hello again Dunebugs,

I'm not sure if I'm excited or sad, but I'm done with my Dune blocks!

One more palazzo for Terriamn

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600934[/ATTACH]

And for my last block, I tried a new pattern. Lots of bias edge sewing and keeping sea creatures right side up. I did a little "unsewing" then went and got a glass of wine and it all went so much better. This is a churned star for Stafar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600935[/ATTACH]

Three waves blocks to finish and they will be in the mail! I'm thinking it must be time for another vacation!
Attached Thumbnails terriamn_dunes.jpeg   stafar_dunes.jpeg  
Old 09-12-2018, 08:24 PM

Jane thank you for my block, love the block and the color you used with the fabric.

stafar’s block is fun, made that block last boom, it was a bugger
Old 09-13-2018, 01:06 AM

It’s an early good morning to you all. DH had to get up at 4am to make a very early morning meeting so with coffee in hand, I’m here.

Jayne, your last two blocks are terrific. I I like the churned dash block but the bias would give me headaches.

As libster said, the storm is turning southward. it seems the Carolinas will still get the brunt of it. We’re now likely in the path of some of those heavy rains but at 200 miles from the coast, we have fewer concerns. We might have some flooding from rivers and streams and downed trees but that’s still a question mark. At this point, anyone hoping to ship packages should probably wait until the storm moves out, maybe early next week would be better. Libster, I’m glad you’ll be with family. This one could be a whopper! Stafar, keeping you in my thoughts too, just in case. Hugs, all!

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-13-2018 at 01:09 AM.