Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-27-2018, 03:08 PM

Kass I am also amazed at all the different designs in Elsa, your niece is going to absolutely love it.

Test results on Rio are back. Liver enzymes are slightly high, watch and rerun tests in 3 months. Radiologist agreed she has great bones for her age, very little arthritis but she has a narrowing in her neck that they believe is a pinched nerve. Will give her 10 days of anti inflammatories, then see what happens. Our goal is to make her comfy
Old 09-27-2018, 03:13 PM

Janice will it help to use smaller plastic bags? I went out and bought smaller sandwich bags
Old 09-27-2018, 03:20 PM

Terri, I hope the meds have Rio feeling better fast.

Kass, as always I am amazed at what you can do with a piece of fabric! My Joely would absolutely love your Elsa quilt. I just wish my brain could envision just a little of what yours does!

Janice, I'm getting excited now, waiting to get my pretties back so I can play with them. As always, you are a fantastic hostess.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:16 AM

Good morning, Dunes! Just a couple of things. All shipping labels have been printed, all packages are secured and you should have gotten your tracking numbers directly from USPS. While I love seeing all the beautiful blocks, I'm always happy to have them leave. It means my job is about done...until the next time! LOL. (I received a pm this morning from a past Boomer wanting to know when the next one is starting! Makes me happy.)

As you may recall, I said I'd let you know when I heard from our missing swapper. I haven't, however, I do now have what I believe is incontrovertible evidence that she is online and active. I've suspected as much all along but kept trying to convince myself that she was somehow unable to communicate. Ummm...no. The fact is she has online access and is using it. I've mulled this news for the last few days as I prepped your packages and have come to accept that at any time she could have emailed me, or one of you, or posted here. I do not begin to understand why she dropped out, but the silence is deliberate as must be the failure to complete the Boom swap and the purple and white comfort quilt. That's the extent of what I will say. I'm accepting her withdrawal from us, from me, and moving on but I thought I'd better let you know.

I'm deeply appreciative of all of you who keep this swap going and have been supportive of each other and of me in this rough round. You are a fine group and I'm happy to host this swap. Onward and upwards!

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-28-2018 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 AM

Default Count before you play! :)

Drat, I forgot to tell you that I’m going to be unavailable for a few days. Once your packages go out, I’ll be off decompressing! If you would kindly post when you receive your packages, I’d appreciate it. And don’t forget that it’s important to make your official count of blocks before you start playing with them! Most packets have a single block in them but a couple have two. (TG, I believe you have a packet with two blocks in it but I don’t recall the others who do as well.) Everyone who is in Dunes will receive 18 blocks made with your fabric and the block you made for Billi returned. Well, all except for Kassaundra who will have 17 blocks made in her fabric and her two made for Billi, who had two of her F8s. (We will never again double up because of this, totally my fault for not seeing that doubling up double-exposed a swapper if someone punked out. If it had happened in Waves, six people would have been shorted. Never again!). Anyway, count before you play - Please!!! I know they’re all there, I count over and over along the way but you need to know it. Anyone with any concerns, please email me and I’ll reply when I get home on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks! Enjoy your blocks and don’t hesitate to email me your feedback about the swap. Additionally, there is the QB feedback system. I will be leaving everyone positive feedback for your participation and lovely blocks, well, all but one. Thanks to all who finished. Many thanks!

edited to add: Jaba, your count is 19.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-28-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 AM

Blocks are on their way. Enjoy!
Old 09-28-2018, 10:19 AM

I am having a grandson. Hendrix Dylan is expected round about March 14, 2019.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:36 AM

Yeah Hav4boys! Enjoy him when he gets here!!
Old 09-28-2018, 10:56 AM

Janice - please do not take what has happened personally. It is not you, It is not us. You have gone far above the call of duty. I am so pleased with every block I have gotten since you took over the Boom. I can't say that with prior swaps. Thank you from the .....Was going to say bottom of my heart. Why do we say that??? What does it mean - the top isn't good........oops did it again......thank you!!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:51 PM

Thanks, TG, and you are welcome. Bottom of the heart, top of the heart...I never thought about it. Silly! I’m good and ready for a break. I’ve got gazillion projects until Boom 22 starts. My Boom quilt from a few years back calls me. How these Booms get away from me - and I only do about half of them. Good grief!