Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 PM

I do believe I learned some things this go around. I bought a sewing machine at auction, a great deal, but the bonus stuff was Fantastic. I spent 27 dollars and got a 1957 Singer Sewing machine.

But I also got 3 pair of scissors, 20 bonbons for the machine, 40 spools of thread, maybe 50 needles, 3 boxes of nice large head pins, 2, yes I said 2 rotary cutters, lace, binding, 4 seam rippers (now I can have one every where I sit) templates, patterns, some very nice Christmas Knick knacks, a sewing basket......and on and on.

But what I learned is that I have an easier time cutting with the smaller 28mm cutter. I can’t even begin to express how much difference I’m enjoying. Maybe it’s more suited to the size of my hand so if you have a small hand you might want to try it.

I haven’t oiled the machine yet but it does run and it came in a beautiful cherry cabinet with the ability to put the foot up into the attachment that allows you to use your knee instead of your foot.

I can hardly wait for my pkg. i’m Hoping to try QAYG. I just need to get back at the machine. Been hand sewing little projects to keep on hand when I need a little gift. Or my BF wants me to sit at a festival with her, I’ll have something to sell!

Thank you you all for your efforts on my behalf, I so so appreciate it. Joy is still laying low so I’m guessing her hospitalization set her back some. I wish we could see her when she finally gets her quilt. I sent my “orange” one to West Virginia and she was overjoyed! You all are the best! ❤️
Old 09-29-2018, 04:27 AM

What a haul, GramE! Congratulations on all your new toys and doodads. I’m glad your orange and white was well received. It’s a beauty!

Moonrise is the lucky one as her package should be delivered today. All others are slated for Monday. Enjoy!
Old 09-29-2018, 07:21 AM

Yeah Gram E lots of new play things. I like to use the small Rotary cutter when I am cutting around templates. Glad your orange quilt was well received

We are packing up camper for the season and ut’s So cold there are a few snowflakes falling

All the walking I have done has really paid off, much more stamina and easier for me to help dh this year
Old 09-29-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Yeah Gram E lots of new play things. I like to use the small Rotary cutter when I am cutting around templates. Glad your orange quilt was well received

We are packing up camper for the season and ut’s So cold there are a few snowflakes falling

All the walking I have done has really paid off, much more stamina and easier for me to help dh this year

Terri, please send some of that cooler weather down our way. We're still in the high 80s with high humidity. The AC never gets a break here. Somebody should send Mother Nature a note letting her know that Fall has arrived already!
Old 09-29-2018, 12:17 PM

Libster we had heavy frost warnings for this morning. Hubby brought in my 2 big pots of flowers but it only got down to 42 degrees. Love the crisp fall air
Old 09-29-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Libster we had heavy frost warnings for this morning. Hubby brought in my 2 big pots of flowers but it only got down to 42 degrees. Love the crisp fall air
Me too! Just breathe deep for me a couple of times. I love the crisp air.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:46 PM

Its only in the 60's here in Mo. Very chilly with the wind but tomorrow its suppose to be in the 80's and all next week till thur. You never know how to dress. I even had to dig out some socks today! Im holding off as long as possible to bring my plants in for the winter!
Old 09-30-2018, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Terri, please send some of that cooler weather down our way. We're still in the high 80s with high humidity. The AC never gets a break here. Somebody should send Mother Nature a note letting her know that Fall has arrived already!
No kidding!!! Weatherman says no relief is in sight for the hot temperatures and humidity we are having. Everytime I go outside I feel like I am melting. It's even too hot to sit at the beach!

Autumn is such a beautiful time of the year in the Midwest, I too love the crisp air.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:03 AM

Holy Cow my package arrived here before 8 AM. Can’t check it out twill later
Old 10-01-2018, 08:04 AM

I’m having lunch with swap blocks! I gave the mailman an ice cold Pepsi in exchange!