Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
its #960 in book 10 of the magazine 100 Blocks. Not sure it has a name but I will check.
Just saw this answer... thank you! I have that mag.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Just a tip... when cutting your block pieces, be sure the ruler line you are using is up ON the edge of the fabric, not beside it. The line is included in the measurement. If you don't cut with the line on the fabric edge, your cumulative shortages will end up in a too-small block, even if you use scant 1/4" seams.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:29 AM

GramE, beautiful block for TG.

For TravelingGramma. I like this block. I’m tempted to make all the rest, but I know better!
Good job, Pam. The center section is one that you can make a bit large and then cut down to the needed size.
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
This one took two testers but I finally got it, a disappearing pinwheel (churndash pinwheel?) for Joanelizbay
Kassaundra, the block for Cheesehead is amazing.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
...Cheese, it's done, whew. When I was designing it I thought, it's just some hst how hard can it be, but let me tell you set those suckers on point and offset the seams, it took some help from Jack and a little wine to make that math work!!!!!! Hope you like it, I am pleased w/ the end results. I was planning on making this block for one or two others, but we'll see how that goes! lol

Look guys I found the box (but still not in it!!!!)
Another lovely block, GramE.
This is for Darcy. There is purple in there but it doesn’t show up good in the pic.
The gallery is updated through this morning. If anyone spots an error, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2018, 07:39 AM

Sewbiz - That just might work. It's only off 1/2" I might try that first, If it doesn't work, I can take apart and find a new block pattern. Thanks!

D.Henson... re: your problem block: I'd be tempted to try sewing the whole block back together with slightly fatter seams. Only slightly, because they add up![/QUOTE]
Old 06-27-2018, 07:42 AM

This one took two testers but I finally got it, a disappearing pinwheel (churndash pinwheel?) for Joanelizbay[ATTACH=CONFIG]596565[/ATTACH]
Pamela, your block looks great!! I love pinwheels.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:44 AM

GramE - Your block for TG is very nice. Love the little red square in the middle.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:45 AM

thanks for all the suggestions friends-I am hoping to put something together tonight and will try all the ideas. I do tend to rush through things due to wanting to see it done, I do it with everything (bowling, cooking, crochet, sewing), and always have to tell myself to SLOW DOWN!!!!
Old 06-27-2018, 08:18 AM

I found this block that I would like to make but am not sure how to do the math so that it comes out to 12 1/2? It’s an 8 inch block so reason tells me if I increase it by approx. 1/2 as much, but not sure how to account for that last 1/2 inch. Is it possible or should I give up on this one?
https://www.polkadotchair.com/sweet-...lock-tutorial/
Old 06-27-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
GramE - Your block for TG is very nice. Love the little red square in the middle.
It was the little swatch she sent showing what the other fabric looked like. Fit right in, no doubts!
Old 06-27-2018, 10:15 AM

It is basically a 16 patch square (4 across and 4 down) so each section would be 3.5 inches square.(3 inches pluse seam allowance.
I found this block that I would like to make but am not sure how to do the math so that it comes out to 12 1/2? It’s an 8 inch block so reason tells me if I increase it by approx. 1/2 as much, but not sure how to account for that last 1/2 inch. Is it possible or should I give up on this one?
https://www.polkadotchair.com/sweet-...lock-tutorial/