Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-30-2018, 06:54 AM

This one is my block for QuilterMomma. It's a Tile Works. Love this focus fabric. So pretty and soft. The blues and greys are so calming to me.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0793a.jpg  
Old 06-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
The orange has the same curvy lines of the butterflies and hearts.
I had actually pulled the green and orange to audition with the butterflies but thought the print and color of the green really made the sugar skulls pop. Both are for Biblio.
Nice blocks, DS! Good choices of batiks that really compliment the focus fabrics well.

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Y'll are doing amazing and I am looking forward to getting home and getting started on them too.
Mr. Bill and I are still on the road we arrived in Santa Fe New Mexico yesterday I love this town. We are staying here for 3 nights then off to another destination as we slowly make our way home, arriving by July 6th.
Hope your injured foot doesn't slow you down too much, Billi. Enjoy your travels!

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Kassaundra, I got yours made this morning. It's a Garden Star. I really like all those creams and browns together. Reminds me of a good cup of coffee.
I love this pattern... and coffee... yum! I'm drinking a 'good cup of coffee' right now.

This one is my block for QuilterMomma. It's a Tile Works. Love this focus fabric. So pretty and soft. The blues and greys are so calming to me.
This is beautiful, and as you say... restful. Lovely colors and design.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:16 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596835[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596836[/ATTACH]
My blocks for travelinggramma and pamelaory. Having fun sewing this morning, but need to do some cleaning up before I can do anymore.
Attached Thumbnails boomgranny.jpg   boompamela.jpg  
Old 06-30-2018, 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=joanelizbay;8084864]This is for JayneW..I have two F8s for her...hope this is right. This is called Silent Night Sampler Day 3 bow block. Dont know why I started getting the patterns but they come in my email. From a site called inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com. They have some nice patterns...

Joan I love the bow it is one of my favorite blocks.

Stafar your propellor block is very fun

Here are my two for today. Both are black, white and reds!
This is for D.Henson and is called "Treasure Box". I just love the 1950's atomic look of this block!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596792[/ATTACH]

This one is a "Corner Dash" for Hav4boys.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596793[/ATTACH]
Sewbizboth of these blocks are great, treasure box has tons of movement

Kassaundra, I got yours made this morning. It's a Garden Star. I really like all those creams and browns together. Reminds me of a good cup of coffee.
Libster love your choice of browns. I never cared for Browns or yellows now I love shades of brown and have found yellow really livens up my quilts.

DS sweet blocks for Biblistone.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
My blocks for travelinggramma and pamelaory. Having fun sewing this morning, but need to do some cleaning up before I can do anymore.
Those are great, Stafar! Look how perfectly your Ohio star points 'touch' the edge of your border!

The pink block is gorgeous, too. I had to look at it a while before I realized it was a rail fence!
Old 06-30-2018, 08:36 AM

Joanelizbay, I love the bow block! It will be a perfect addition to a Christmas quilt! Thank you!

What incredible blocks everyone is making - I'm finishing up a couple other projects before I jump in making blocks... someone has to have blocks to post after you early birds finish!!

It has been really hot here and finally cooled down. Its cloudy and currently 56. I was kinda hoping for something in the middle!

Last edited by JayneW; 06-30-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:05 AM

Great blocks Libster and Stafar. Stafar your points are perfect, seems you were worried for nothing.

I have Billi's first block (she is my twofer) hot off the presses. Last boom we did a side swap and I made her a block w/ this same fabric, at the time I was torn between the block I made and making a POTC's type block, ultimately I went w/ the 8 point block when I realized I could get 2 from it but this time I went w/ the elongated hexies. This does have 2 other shapes to finish off the print (and b/c I had some fabric left). Most of the time when I fussy cut from an f8 especially w/ repeats I have to compromise between what I would like and what I have the repeats for, but this one even if I had had 1 yard of fabric I would have used these same areas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0517.jpg  
Old 06-30-2018, 11:20 AM

Libster, your block for QM is very nice. Your blue and grey fabric compliments her focus fabric very nice.
Stafar, your blocks are looking fantastic. Both are very nice. Love that you used some of that wavy red in the patriotic block. Nice!!
Kass, Oh my! Billi's block looks like a kaleidoscope. I remember looking into this tube like thing and turning it and watching the shapes move around. (I think that is a kaleidoscope). Anyway, your block is very cool!! btw, What is a POTC type of block?
Old 06-30-2018, 11:38 AM

Thanks, yes that is a kaleidoscope. POTC is patchwork of the crosses or sometimes called Lucy Boston it is a pattern mostly in English paper piecing using elongated hexagons and squares.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
Libster, your block for QM is very nice. Your blue and grey fabric compliments her focus fabric very nice.
Stafar, your blocks are looking fantastic. Both are very nice. Love that you used some of that wavy red in the patriotic block. Nice!!
Kass, Oh my! Billi's block looks like a kaleidoscope. I remember looking into this tube like thing and turning it and watching the shapes move around. (I think that is a kaleidoscope). Anyway, your block is very cool!! btw, What is a POTC type of block?
Old 06-30-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
thanks for the beautiful block Stafar!