Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-30-2018, 12:42 AM

SBG, I like how you used different pinks. You must have quite a stash and organized too. I too like w/b/pink, cheesehead. I used to wear that hot pink back in the 80s LOL. It was my go to with b/w basics.

Kass, how fun, snickering santas. I want one

Joan, great movement and variety of browns in Kass's block. That does sound too hot to go out.

SBG, great origami block for Cheesehead. Does anyone remember when people used to wear those neon pink, green etc clothes in the 80s?

Pamela, absolutely adorable! Thank you. Now, only if it had snickering santas

Libster, that is spider is adorable and yes, spiders are good luck, they eat lots of unwanted bugs. I will be sure to pass on the good luck of the kitchen spider.

Kass, I got the stripe too and I'm trying to figure out how to use effectively. Gorgeous, swirly Dresden. So pretty.

Pamela, you had it close. You needed 4" + .5 for each piece for seams. Since the 4" needed to be divided to go around the block. Each side was 2" + the .5". So that is how come it ended up short when cut in 1/2.
It is such a cute block with the water background and who doesn't like starfish.

Joan, I love the ribbon with the poinsettia fabric. It will be great in a Christmas quilt.

Sweet idea Stafar, santa propeller. I noticed your wow was snowflakes.

SBG, I like your b/w/r combo blocks as much as your b/w/p and isn't pink really red with white thrown in???
Old 06-30-2018, 12:45 AM

Ok, if I missed anyone's block let me know because I couldn't believe how much you have done since yesterday a.m.

Here are two I did with large scale prints. I am definitely getting good ideas on how to find different ways to use these from all of you. However, I just got out my batiks and used them to frame fussy cut pieces. Then when I got ready to take the pictures, I realized they are both for the same person, thankfully in different quilts. Oops, I wrote this on my device without photos, so I'll just send the photos next.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:53 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596825[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596826[/ATTACH]

The orange has the same curvy lines of the butterflies and hearts.
I had actually pulled the green and orange to audition with the butterflies but thought the print and color of the green really made the sugar skulls pop. Both are for Biblio.
Attached Thumbnails butterflybibliostone.jpeg   sugarskullbibliostone.jpeg  
Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 AM

Hi Ladies,

First i would like to say Thank you to Terri, SBG and DarcyShanon, the blocks you made me are wonderful I love them and Terri good for you persevering and beating that pattern into submission, SBG awesome fussy cutting, Darcy your block will fit beautifully with the others. Than you all

Honestly the blocks for everyone are truly wonderful it's a treat to scroll through such awesome eye candy. Y'll are doing amazing and I am looking forward to getting home and getting started on them too.

Mr. Bill and I are still on the road we arrived in Santa Fe New Mexico yesterday I love this town. We are staying here for 3 nights then off to another destination as we slowly make our way home, arriving by July 6th.

Have a good one everybody,
Old 06-30-2018, 05:03 AM

Kassaundra, I got yours made this morning. It's a Garden Star. I really like all those creams and browns together. Reminds me of a good cup of coffee.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0790a.jpg  
Old 06-30-2018, 05:19 AM

Thanks I love this block, folded corners has always been a favorite of mine. And I agree the best things in life are brown, chocolate and coffee!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Kassaundra, I got yours made this morning. It's a Garden Star. I really like all those creams and browns together. Reminds me of a good cup of coffee.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:26 AM

My double up fabric is Billi's and I have one of her fabrics on deck now. It is my second POTC inspired block this boom. The main part of the block I EPP, then machine applique it to the background. I'm working on the final round of pieces, but now I need to cut a new shape since the final round won't be the elongated hexies.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:49 AM

Libster, I thought the same thing...coffee. . Lovely block. It reminds me I still want to make a brown quilt.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post

Lovely blocks, DS. I think keeping sections of prints like these intact shows them off well.
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post

The orange has the same curvy lines of the butterflies and hearts.
I had actually pulled the green and orange to audition with the butterflies but thought the print and color of the green really made the sugar skulls pop. Both are for Biblio.
Nice blocks, sbg. Cannot go wrong with b/w/r.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
...Here are my two for today. Both are black, white and reds!
This is for D.Henson and is called "Treasure Box". I just love the 1950's atomic look of this block!
This one is a "Corner Dash" for Hav4boys.
Should Santa need a propeller!? Too funny. Fun block and very nicely done. Nice points.
Originally Posted by Stafar View Post

I made a block for klaws-I duplicated my previous block made and it reminds me of a propeller-if Santas sleigh is
ever in the shop he can use a plane for the night!
Beautiful bow, Joanelizbay!
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
This is for JayneW..I have two F8s for her...hope this is right. This is called Silent Night Sampler Day 3 bow block. Dont know why I started getting the patterns but they come in my email. From a site called inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com. They have some nice patterns...
Old 06-30-2018, 06:29 AM

Check out this site: http://inspiredbyfabric.blogspot.com/2016/ it has a lot of free patterns. 2016 was where I got the Christmas blocks. Everyone is doing such a super job in Dunes...wow....cant wait to see what Kass comes up with on this block! I agree with chocolate but you ladies can keep the coffee!! Ive only had flavored water for about 8 months, one diet dr pepper in that time..never did drink coffee...
Old 06-30-2018, 06:44 AM

Wow, Waves have certainly been busy! All the blocks are just amazing. Such great talent in this group!!

Joan, your poinsettia block is darling.
Stafar, your Santa block is great. The snowflakes wow is perfect.
Libster, your block for Kass is fantastic. I totally agree with the creams and browns reminding you of a great cup of coffee. Yes, indeed!!
SBG, OMG, you're done with Dunes. I will miss watching for your blocks. I'll have to jump over to Waves and see your great work of arts! I love my Treasure Box block. It's amazing! The Corner Dash is also very cool!! Perfect for the b/w/r fabric.
DShannon, great use of Batiks! It really makes the focus fabric pop.

I can't believe how fast we are rolling through these blocks. Janice has her work cut out for her, trying to get these blocks on the gallery. Great job everyone!