Boom 21 - Waves

Old 06-22-2018, 04:41 PM

I'm loving these yellow and white blocks for Janice! So elegant looking. Well done, All!
Old 06-22-2018, 05:15 PM

Janice, you made me cry today and I thank you for that. You have shown me so much kindness and love for never meeting me "in person". I know it takes time and effort to make those albums and mine is above and beyond the call of "hostess" You are truly one special lady and I thank you and all the ladies making blocks for me. I truly hope that all of you know how very special these quilts are going to be to me. And.....by the way, to my husband! He has said many times what a wonderful web site I found and he is totally amazed at your generosity for this one. He knows the time and effort put into making each and every block! Again thank you all so very very much, we so appreciate your kindness and support.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:18 PM

Jaba, you are our Boom sister. We all love you.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:11 PM

Jaba, what Libster said... And what you said made me tear up, too. You are most welcome. (We can be sisters in happy tears as well.) Please tell your hubby we think he must be a special guy. Hugs!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Jaba, you are our Boom sister. We all love you.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:13 PM

Haha Ibex! I love this block. Made it myself many times. Excellent choice! Thank you!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Lovely blocks for Mona!!

Okay, Janice. This one is for you. I saw the block in pictures online and thought it might be fun to make. Lots of open space for fancy quilting.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:52 PM

Moon what is the name of the block you made for me. I dont think Ive seen it before and I love it!! All your guys blocks are beautiful..hope I have time to sew some this weekend. Jaba, tell your husband that I always think of you and him when I change quilts on the quilt rack he made for me!! I love it and so glad I have it...And Im glad to have this "family" outside my real family!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Moon what is the name of the block you made for me. I dont think Ive seen it before and I love it!! All your guys blocks are beautiful..hope I have time to sew some this weekend. Jaba, tell your husband that I always think of you and him when I change quilts on the quilt rack he made for me!! I love it and so glad I have it...And Im glad to have this "family" outside my real family!
It's an 8-1/2" block called Diamond Panes. I turned it 45 degrees and added triangles to make it 12-1/2". I took a little "creative license" with the colors and the center. Here's a link to the pattern:

http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DiamondPanesBlock.html
Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 PM

Just a quick note/reminder that I'll be out-of-pocket for 10 days, starting later today. We'll be camping in a remote area in the mountains, and it's doubtful that we'll have cell phone service. I'll check in if I can, though.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, as far as I'm concerned your husband is one of the Boom group! Any hubby who shops for hours with you and chooses his own fabric for his own quilt, deserves membership. Just take good care of yourself. We love making your blocks.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:34 AM

Default It is Beautiful

I love Dresdens, thank you its perfect

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Very pretty blocks, hav!

I seem to be on a "Dresden Roll". I guess it's obvious what one of my favorite blocks is! They're kind of fiddly, but I enjoy making them. Here's one for Coullmills. Love the yummy fabric! The background is solid white.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596263[/ATTACH]

The size is supposed to be 168k. We'll see what happens when I hit the "post" button!

Edit: Well, it says it's 200.7k. Getting closer! LOL!