Boom 21 - Waves

Old 06-28-2018, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Pretty block, Janice. I'm still musing over what I should do with those strawberries...

Hav4, don't forget to show us your RxR quilt when you get it together!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:41 AM

Making waves with your beautiful blocks. Stopped by for a minute before checking in at Dunes.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Waves have been pretty quiet... I need to make a Wave block so I can post something! I think most of us that are in both groups seem to be doing their Dunes first. I have only two Dunes left, and then I'll be switching over to Wave blocks full time!

Old 06-29-2018, 11:43 AM

I've been walking along the sand, watching the Waves also. Such beautiful scenery. Fantastic blocks ladies. Have a nice weekend!! I need to get back to the Dunes. Hope the weather is cooler today.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:48 PM

Havent even opened the Waves bag yet. Dont want to get them mixed up! The ones here are beautiful...seems to be going pretty fast even though we have 3 months for each group!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:05 AM

I agree, Joanelizbay, it does seem to be moving along quickly for some. I’ve finished 7, definitely fast for me at this point. And I have plans set for three others. I would like to get them done in the next couple of weeks to work on some other projects I’ve got going.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Havent even opened the Waves bag yet. Dont want to get them mixed up! The ones here are beautiful...seems to be going pretty fast even though we have 3 months for each group!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Made a few blocks today... Here is one for Ibex94 called American Spirit. It's block #970 of the 1000 blocks. Hope this fills the bill, Ibex!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596642[/ATTACH]
Absolutely wonderful!!! I've never seen that heart fabric that you used in the corners. I feel so lucky! perfect sentiments! Thank you!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here is my block for Ibex94[ATTACH=CONFIG]596341[/ATTACH]
WOW!! Look at all that fussy cutting! Thank you so much!

I love collecting the Row by Row patterns, too. Haven't finished a quilt yet, lol.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:08 AM

I've just caught up on the board. So many beautiful blocks made in my time away. I got to take a trip to Yellowstone and dragged my youngest son and his family with us. We drove 3 days there and back and the weather was perfect for driving. Yellowstone is always gorgeous but we didn't see much wildlife in the short time we were there. Lots of gorgeous scenery. I couldn't convince anyone to let me visit a single quilt shop!

Terriamn -- I am very sorry for your loss. There are such joys in living a long life but losing those you love on your journey is so sad.

Jaba -- Janice is indeed our angel! I am happy you are doing well with your chemo. I hope they are giving you the chemo cocktail before the chemicals to help reduce the nausea. Kill that cancer!!!

Sewbiz -- is it the Cotton Blossom row by row that you like? https://rowbyrowexperience.com/wp-co...18-Picture.pdf I want to get the one from Meridian, too. Not to make a quilt anytime soon....

I took a couple of my Mardi Gras blocks from a previous boom to Yellowstone with me to hand quilt. I couldn't quilt while driving but I tried! I am prone to car sickness and altitude sickness despite all the water I was drinking and co-Q10 I was taking so not much quilting happened these last few days. Happy to be home and ready to open my block books to start making blocks for you wonderful boomers.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Sewbiz -- is it the Cotton Blossom row by row that you like? https://rowbyrowexperience.com/wp-co...18-Picture.pdf I want to get the one from Meridian, too. Not to make a quilt anytime soon....
Yes, that's the one. It is so cute in person! I'm sorry to see the Bernina store in Jackson is not participating this year. I've heard a lot of shops have dropped out. Too bad.

I know you had a good time with your family in Yellowstone. It's such an amazing place! We went on our honeymoon, and then again to take the kids when they were old enough to appreciate it. All that thermal activity underground is really something else! But I would have put my foot down about not stopping at any quilt shops! LOL.