Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 21 - Waves

Quiltermomma -- lovely :-) so is there any particular destination or theme you'd like us to consider?

Blog Entries
    On the blue/gray fabric, thinking romantic and soothing. If you get the red, go for it. I have nothing in mind whatsoever. It is to fill the gap and use some yardage. Somehow I ended up with a bolt of this fabric and working to use it up. It is a fun red. Hey, could even put that to a Christmas theme because of the red. I seem to always end up with kitchen stuff for Christmas. LOL
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    While I was in between projects I thought about making a scrabble wall hanging with all my grandkids and great grandkids names on it. Found a site on line that you can type in all the names and it makes the scrabble puzzle for you!! I'm having a friend die cut all the letters with backing so I can iron them onto blocks. I think it might be kind of cute if I ever get it done!! Like I need another project. Have 3 finished to go to quilters now. 2 more are "almost" pieced and now this scrabble one and the boom blocks. No wonder I'm always broke! LOL
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Boom Biz - F8 update

My mail carrier had quite a large load of F8 packages today. All but one for this group has been received and I've already got the tracking info on it. Thank you, QM! Even that lazy bones Janice McC got hers done. Woo hoo! We're looking very good to be on schedule, or possibly early, if all the packages are correct. I haven't opened any of the new arrivals yet but will in the next couple of days.

Getting close, Waves, getting very close...

annt59 - rec'd
    Cheesehead - rec'd
    coullmills - rec'd
    hav4boys - rec'd
    ibex94 - rec'd
    Janice McC - rec'd
    JayneW - rec'd
    joanelizbay - rec'd
    Libster - rec'd
    Mona G - rec'd
    moonrise - rec'd
    ​QuilterMomma
    sewbizgirl - rec'd
    terriamn - rec'd
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

That's great news about the packages, Janice! Soon we'll be creating!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Yeah, they are on their way though and hopefully get there Friday if we are lucky enough and you can mail on Monday instead.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Iím going to be out of town over the weekend so Monday is very unlikely. Plus Iíve yet to open the recent arrivals so I donít yet know theyíre all complete. Iíll let you know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Yeah, they are on their way though and hopefully get there Friday if we are lucky enough and you can mail on Monday instead.

Woo hoo! Last packages are confirmed in transit.

DH, Iíve had that fabric for at least five years, maybe more. Iíve got enough extra to make a few blocks if I decide to go larger or possibly make two smaller quilts. I donít know yet. Iíll let the blocks speak to me. This wonít be a two color quilt though. Iíve got done daisy fabric for cornerstones and the blue or green in it will be the sashing. However, I do have a Kona butter I think it is, (or maybe daffodil), which will eventually be a 2 color quilt with it and a soft white.

Iím looking forward to playing with my share of Waves F8s, especially now that Iíve seen most of them.

Couldnít wait any longer. Terriamn, your block is on my design wall nearly finished. Darling fabric. Ahhhh. So fun.

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    Soon we will all get to play.

Boom Biz - All F8s in and almost ready to ship

Congratulations, Waves, all F8s are in and accounted for. Thank you to everyone for getting their fabrics in ahead of the deadline! Your F8s are already sorted and waiting for the Dunes group to be sorted which will be on Monday. Woo hoo! For a couple of you, I'm including a return padded envelope for your use. You can save several dollars on shipping by using it as it's flat rate. If you can get everything in there, you can ship for one price of $7.25. These padded envelopes can be ordered free of charge from USPS.com. You'll need to register with them before you can order. They come in sets so be wary. Also, be sure to order "Priority" not "Priority Express"

annt59 - rec'd
    Cheesehead - rec'd
    coullmills - rec'd
    hav4boys - rec'd
    ibex94 - rec'd
    Janice McC - rec'd
    JayneW - rec'd
    joanelizbay - rec'd
    Libster - rec'd
    Mona G - rec'd
    moonrise - rec'd
    ​QuilterMomma - rec'd
    sewbizgirl - rec'd
    terriamn - rec'd

Beautiful fabrics ladies.

Since I'm sitting out this Boom, I'm catching up every few days; took 2 big cups of coffee today. Lovely way to start the day.

Good thoughts and prayers to all the sick and injured.

Hello, AQ. Be sure to stop in regularly to check out all the beautiful blocks about to start showing up. Maybe we can entice you into the next Boom. . Have a lovely day.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
    Beautiful fabrics ladies.

Since I'm sitting out this Boom, I'm catching up every few days; took 2 big cups of coffee today. Lovely way to start the day.

Good thoughts and prayers to all the sick and injured.

Ahh Janice you canít tease me like that. Please show us a picture

Lol. Ok. Didn’t want to rub it in that I’ve got all the F8s - insert evil laugh here - but here it is...
    Name:  B38BC785-F9CA-4866-8948-CCE6E929E5DA.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  168.6 KB

Edited to add: and Moonrise’s is done too but no pic yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Ahh Janice you can’t tease me like that. Please show us a picture

Oh that's so pretty, and the first Boom 21 quilt block!

Oh, Janice, you did good! Love your block. That's the way to start us off!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Here’s Moonrise's block.
    Name:  B03039DD-0727-4E6B-82D8-911E9D8E41F0.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  66.7 KB
    Fabric was lovely to work with and I knew I had to keep those three deer together. The male had a bit of a scalping but this was the best cut I could get with all three. Hope you like it, Moon.

Terriamn, I don’t think I said I hope you like your block. Couldn’t wait to play paper dolls like I did when I was little. Enjoyed making your block immensely.

So my weekend away went boom. (See what I did there?). My loss is your gain. I’ve got another block in the works and now I might - might - be able to get the fabrics out on Monday. No promises but it’s looking good.
    Last edited by Janice McC; 06-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Sewbizgirl actually had the first boom block for Terriamn. She posted on the Dunes thread. Guess I can open the Waves gallery now as there are three ready to go in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Oh that's so pretty, and the first Boom 21 quilt block!

Love the blocks, Janice! The paper doll fabric is so fun. I have several paper doll fabrics. And I can't wait to create with that beautiful deer fabric too. Bring on the BOOM!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Love both blocks! Thanks for mine! It's great!

I'l try to get some pics of the camper tomorrow or Monday. We're putting the finishing touches on it this evening and are taking it to a nearby state park tomorrow as a "test run" to make sure everything is ready to go for our upcoming big trip. It's a cargo trailer that we've converted into a camper.
    My SewCozy Website: https://www.lisaandrobert.com/

Wow Janice love my block, thanks so much

Moonrise good luck on everything working correctly on the camper. Will be fun to see

Our retreat is coming to a close. Will be home late tomorrow night, I brought an UFO to work on, finished it and had enough fabric to start on a matching one. Mostly we talked, shopped and ate

Boom Biz - Shipping costs

Good morning, Boomers. Those of you in both groups need to be aware that thereís absolutely no way for me to pack all the F8s from both groups into a single packet. This round several people sent fabric well over and above the norm. As promised, Iím letting those of you affected know the exact amount of additional shipping costs by an email Iíve already sent. Be looking for it and reply. A few of you already included extra money so your packages will go out. All the others must respond before I ship.
    Despite this issue, I believe it will be possible to put all the completed blocks in a single envelope, providing there arenít ďbonus blocksĒ made. Creating bonus blocks may force additional shipping charges for those youíve made extras for, so you may wish to check before making extras for a person. Some people donít mind spending extra money on shipping a larger package, but some really do.

We will have to revisit the ďmultiple fabricsĒ issue before the next Boom. This time is already a done deal.

Sorry for the extra hassle, Janice. I'm afraid I'm one of the offenders, having sent a little of a second color in both groups. It's always worked before... I think we do need some guidelines as to how much we can send. Maybe a maximum size for a second piece?

I asked for no bonus blocks last time, and do so once again. There's just not room for them in the little padded mailers. Everyone is welcome to keep the leftover fabric from my blocks, as per the swap rules.

Can't wait to get a fun package in the mail next week!

It wasnít that much of a hassle, at least not once I gave in to the inevitable. Well-packed padded envelopes (small ziplock bags, fabric well-folded, and all air out) will hold up to 39 or 40 F8s, but theyíre stuffed! This round thereís a lot more fabric than that. Completed blocks will probably (never a guarantee) be ok in a single envelope as long as nobody wants their fabric back or there arenít bonus blocks. If so, weíll go through this again at the end of the boom.

Weíll work it out before 22. (Geez. Iíve said 22 twice now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Sorry for the extra hassle, Janice. I'm afraid I'm one of the offenders, having sent a little of a second color in both groups. It's always worked before... I think we do need some guidelines as to how much we can send. Maybe a maximum size for a second piece?

I asked for no bonus blocks last time, and do so once again. There's just not room for them in the little padded mailers. Everyone is welcome to keep the leftover fabric from my blocks, as per the swap rules.

Can't wait to get a fun package in the mail next week!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast