Boom 21 - Waves

Old 07-21-2018, 12:53 PM

Reminder for everyone to please use only board names of your fellow boomers on these threads. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2018, 02:20 PM

Cheesehead, the fabric you used is a great color. And your fussy cut turtles are darling. I think Hav’s quilt will be special with all the wonderful blocks.
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
One more block today and this one is for Hav4Boys. The picture quality is yucky, the fabric I used to coordinate with her block is more aqua and looks like the top of a swimming pool. In the picture it looks like it needs to be chlorinated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]598192[/ATTACH]
Old 07-21-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598190[/ATTACH]I just finished this block for Libster. I had a major cutting error making this block but SBG came to my rescue with just the right size I needed to complete this block. Thank you SBG!!!

If this was a cutting error, I really like it! Such a pretty block. Thank you for making it for me.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:09 PM

Cheesehead both of your blocks are so pretty, great recovery on the cutting job and love the aqua fabric with the turtles fabric
Old 07-22-2018, 06:09 AM

Oops, joanelizbay, I missed these terrific blocks until just now catching up with the gallery. They're all beautiful but I love mine. Thank you so much! Sorry to hear about the dental problems. Having to sit with goop in your mouth for impressions is horrible. Been there, done that. Not again please.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I finally got the last three done. Thanks Janice for the extra piece...Sorry to say Im done..this boom has been a lot of fun. Ill be checking in to see everyones progress.

I swear if I ever have to go have a dental impression made again Ill just do without!! Broke my denture and the "extra" one I had felt like a piece of wood so went to get a new upper today..I absolutely hate that goop they put in the little tray then slam in your mouth to make an impression. thought I was going to gag to death. Those 8 minutes felt like hours!! Hopefully it was good so I dont have to do it again!

Sew I love the little embrodery you did!! One of these days Ill get time to play with it more than I have and learn how to make cute things! These are for JayneW, Janice and Coullmills.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:32 PM

I posted a block a little while ago but realized that I’d made a major goof so I deleted it. Geez. I’m laughing at myself again. Next week looks to be a bear so I won’t have much sewing or online time. I plan to check in and post your blocks but if anyone needs anything, email me for the swiftest response. Thanks. Have a good week!
Old 07-22-2018, 05:56 PM

Here is one of two blocks for Jayne W.
Attached Thumbnails 7-2218_0001.jpg  
Old 07-22-2018, 06:14 PM

Darling little additions to JayneW’s fabric. Nice block Annt59.
Originally Posted by annt59 View Post
Here is one of two blocks for Jayne W.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Power Poster

Pretty block for Jayne, Annt. I call that one "garlic knot". I have a garlic knot quilt in progress somewhere. Oh who am I kidding... it's a UFO! I do love those blocks tho, after seeing Bonnie Hunter's.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:10 AM

I know what you mean Janice, we had to replace three appliances in the kitchen at the same time. Sometimes you just hate to give up the old ones, but when they cost more to fix..... On the good side, our new dishwasher is amazing. Hubby started it last night for the first time and we could hardly hear it working. Then when we used the microwave, it is so much bigger than our other one and quiet as well. The garbage disposal was not done right so we have to wait for a different one to come in to get it replaced and installed correctly. Now to get the plumber in.