Boom 21 - Waves

Old 08-20-2018, 04:44 AM

Just checking in to say I’m loving looking at all the beautiful blocks. I have been busy and will get some pictures up soon. We had a lightning strike and lost our tv, dvd, router and my laptop. Thankfully I have soon to be son in law who is a tech wiz and can repair the laptop.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:26 AM

Janice the blue daisy fabric is so pretty with your yellow and white blocks. It is going to make a very cheery quilt.

LJD good luck selling your house and finding just the right place in South Carolina. Sure your kids and grandkids will love to get away from the Massachusetts winter for a bit and visit you. I have been in my house 40 plus years and will be moving in a few years when dh retires. I also would prefer not to move.

Sewbiz thanks for the name of the book. Will definitely check it out.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:40 AM

Look forward to seeing your blocks, Hav4boys. It's slowing down around here so your blocks will help liven things up more.
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I am back from vacation. Blocks will start posting. I have them all planned and cut... now to assemble.
Mona G, lovely blocks! I'm glad you are still making blocks rather than being finished. I love coming here and seeing something new and pretty.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Here is my last block for today... this one is for Moonrise - Cedars of Lebanon from Quilter's Cache
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Here are a couple of spinners, one for Ibex and one for sewbizgirl.
Jaba, perfect is never a word I'd use for my blocks but thanks for seeing the blocks through a set of rose colored glasses! It's appreciated.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Janice that block is perfect. Thank you so much.
What a lovely thing to say. Thanks, JayneW. It's exactly how I feel about it, too.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Janice, that is going to be the happiest quilt ever! I love it.
Coullmills, that's awful. Glad it was "only" the electronics and no fires were started in the house. A couple of your neighbors have had lightning strikes through the years and several caught the houses on fire. One was almost a total loss. I hope the repairs can be made swiftly.
Originally Posted by coullmills View Post
Just checking in to say I’m loving looking at all the beautiful blocks. I have been busy and will get some pictures up soon. We had a lightning strike and lost our tv, dvd, router and my laptop. Thankfully I have soon to be son in law who is a tech wiz and can repair the laptop.
Isn't it though? It's not the original plan but when I found a small piece of the daisies in my stash, I had to search out some more online and found enough to pull it off. Thanks!

Moving is definitely hard. I've moved across country twice. Once from NJ to CA, then from CA to GA. But now we've been here for almost 25 years and the next move should be our last. I hope... So ready to downsize but the question is to where? My sons both live in KS so I'm not firmly attached to this area, neither is DH, but we are considering staying in GA but then again, the desert calls to us. Who knows?
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice the blue daisy fabric is so pretty with your yellow and white blocks. It is going to make a very cheery quilt.

LJD good luck selling your house and finding just the right place in South Carolina. Sure your kids and grandkids will love to get away from the Massachusetts winter for a bit and visit you. I have been in my house 40 plus years and will be moving in a few years when dh retires. I also would prefer not to move.

Sewbiz thanks for the name of the book. Will definitely check it out.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Pretty block for Hav4, Mona. Her fabric is so beautiful.

So sorry about the lightning damage, Coullmills. Hope you are up and running again soon.
[h=3][/h]
Old 08-20-2018, 04:47 PM

Janice, blocks mailed. will email tracking number.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:44 PM

Update today from the doctor...tumor not gone yet...95% is but there is still 5% left. 1 more dose of chemo and radiation for another 5 days then hopefully. Another week isn't going to kill me if it is gone and he was pretty sure it would be so all is good.
Good news I hope is that I've been looking for a used long arm for the Florida house and I think I may have found one today. It's a Babylock Jewel on a 10' frame so it would be perfect to have there and be able to quilt and not have to bring them back to Wyoming to be quilted. If this works out, I'll put the HQ16 sit down machine up for sale and hopefully someone wants one. I've only used it once in the last year, so use to standing up and quilting I just don't feel comfy with it.
Janice I thought for sure I had some of the daisy fabric but can't find it anywhere. I do have it with the yellow background and blue flowers if you can use it. Let me know, I'd be glad to send it to you.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, yay! Such great news. I believe that tumor will be 100% gone the next time they check. Isn't it amazing what chemo and radiation can do? And even more amazing what God can do!

Congrats on finding another long arm for the Florida house. Your Sweet 16 machine will make someone a great quilter! I love sit down quilting.

Janice were you looking for more of the blue daisy fabric? I know I've seen it for sale at Hobby Lobby. I think I may have some here, too, if you need it.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:39 AM

Good morning! I'm updating the gallery again today and then off to try to get more of my ancient quilt top done. We expect more rain this afternoon. I don't mind, it means more piecing time.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:41 AM

Jaba I know it’s not the news you wanted to hear but sounds like you are taking it with a great attitude. Will be praying 1 more week is all you need to be 100% cancer free.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:28 AM

Jaba, I agree with everything Terri just said. I'm praying for your complete recovery. If another round of chemo and more radiation does the trick, I say a week well spent! ((((((Hugs))))))