Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

The weather is bad here too, Queenbarbiej. I was hoping to do my full two-week grocery run, but turned around and headed back after the truck thermometer read 31į. It's bitterly cold and raining. I was afraid of it turning to sleet. Better to be safe at home than play games with the weather!

Janice, I mailed my package out and just emailed you the tracking number. The lady at the post office was admiring my fabric as I was addressing the envelope, so I explained to her about the swap. She thought it sounded like a lot of fun!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Thank You, Janice! Will gladly follow along. I like the idea of a swap where we'd get to do whatever block we chose with the fabrics. I'm not too sure about my keeping up with your group though. Make 19 blocks in two months? Go Sooners!!
    Last edited by L'il Chickadee; 01-22-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: grammar

We also have a 3 month group. The Laters. That group usually fills first. 19 in 2 months is completely doable for a lot of people. Itís not for everyone. Iíve done both but do prefer the 3 month. Youíll find it here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ml#post8197964

Quote Originally Posted by L'il Chickadee View Post
    Thank You, Janice! Will gladly follow along. I like the idea of a swap where we'd get to do whatever block we chose with the fabrics. I'm not too sure about my keeping up with your group though. Make 19 blocks in two months? Go Sooners!!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Janice, mine are in the mail and sent you tracking. Glad you ladies like the fabric, I thought it would be fun to work with and make a pretty quilt too. Looking forward to the blocks you come up with, seems like they just get better every boom we have. I think maybe with all the blocks we make our skills just get better and better......not a bad thing at all

I think you're right, Jaba! I know mine have improved since my first boom swap.

Today the wool rug pad I ordered (for my ironing board) arrived! Yay. I love pressing on it! The only thing is they shorted me 2" in both directions from what I ordered. Couldn't get through on the phone, but I emailed them and asked them to send the right size asap. This one doesn't quite fit my board, tho I will use it until the other one comes.

My ironing board was so "hard"... this is really quite an improvement!

Making a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt for a child tonight.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not sure my name was intended to be highlighted. Since I'm new to the Booms and not sure I can do more than one block per member, I only want to commit to one (so, 13 total). I hope I didn't accidentally sign up to double up, did I?

Zozee, donít give it a thought. Just send me 13. Iím away from my lists right now so Iím not sure how I goofed but itís no problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    I'm not sure my name was intended to be highlighted. Since I'm new to the Booms and not sure I can do more than one block per member, I only want to commit to one (so, 13 total). I hope I didn't accidentally sign up to double up, did I?

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Hope to mail mine mine tomorrow before the frigid temps arrive.

Thanks, Janice. I thought I had screwed things up!

QUOTE=Jani McC;8198129]Zozee, don’t give it a thought. Just send me 13. I’m away from my lists right now so I’m not sure how I goofed but it’s no problem![/QUOTE]

Corrected rounding up list

Zozee, not at all! I put a check mark beside the wrong name. I always count on there being a goof or two. Years ago when I started doing this, I used to freak out anytime I made an error. Now I count on it happening. I'm a big girl now and can deal with my mistakes much better. LOL.

The list follows. Those highlighted should send me 19. Zozee and NanaKathy55 should send me 13.

Cheesehead*
    Darcyshannon*
    Hav4Boys*
    Jaba*
    Joanelizbay*
    Libster*
    Macybaby*
    Mona G*

NanaKathy55
    Queenbarbiej*
    NZquilter*
    Sewbizgirl*
    Terriamn*
    Zozee

*Will be “rounding up” to 19 F8s/Blocks
    Zozee and NanaKathy55 - 13 F8s/Blocks

FYI, I've gotten emails from several people in both groups noting packages are on their way. Looks like they will start arriving tomorrow. Be sure to send me your tracking info right away. I have more packages coming in than i have emails so if you haven't advised me, please do. Thanks.

Have a good day, Boomers.

Thanks, Janice. I thought I had screwed things up!

QUOTE=Jani McC;8198129]Zozee, don’t give it a thought. Just send me 13. I’m away from my lists right now so I’m not sure how I goofed but it’s no problem!
    [/QUOTE]

My package should ship today - sent an email with the info last night.

I'm excited to be starting on this - it's so fun to pick out interesting blocks to try, knowing I only have to make one! And I get to play in my stash picking out colors for each block, and I can use FQ and smaller chunks because I don't need enough for a whole quilt. To me, this is total play time!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I agree, Macybaby! I've been looking through all the block patterns from the links shared earlier. I love sampler quilts.

We had a pretty bad ice storm last night. It took my husband over three hours to get home, but I'm just so glad he was able to get home!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Here is my fabric for the sooner group. Dark brown and rusty red in solid or tonal with a cream or COC background.Name:  MVC-184S.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  131.3 KB

Sooners: My Cupcake Fabric

Name:  IMG_7038.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  178.4 KB

Here's the fun fabric I've chosen from my stash. The quilt we make with it will either be a donation into Baltimore's foster care system (a friend of mine is a social worker) or it'll be a tummy time quilt for when my grandtwins come to play. I'll decide that later.

I'm asking that Sooner Boomers use any color you see in the cupcake fabric except black or white.

I have plenty of this fabric, so if you mess up, don't be afraid to ask me to send you another Fat 8th.
    Last edited by zozee; 01-23-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: changed specifications for fabric requested

Zozee, the cupcakes are very cheery! Thatíll be fun to work with. And Cheese, I love the colors! I think theyíll make stunning blocks.

I have mailed off my fabrics this morning. The cupcake fabric looks fun and yummy. I already have a few ideas on that fabric.

Darling fabric Zozee, looking forward to making a block with your fabric!

Oh Cheesehead, I love your fabric!! So glad I will get to create with a piece of it.

Zozee, the cupcakes will be fun to work with too.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Cheesehead where do you buy all your gorgeous fabric?

Zozee love all the bright colors in yours. Will be fun to make a block of cupcakes

Blog Entries
    Cheese your fabric is beautiful....SO glad its in the sooner group.. One thing I dont like about the cupcake fabric..it makes me want to make some and eat them all!!! Seriously its beautiful...food blocks are always so fun to make. Janice I mailed mine today ,should get there Sat...tracking ## is in email.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Lovely fabrics being shared here!

Quick fyi, 14 packages are on the way from both groups. What a fast start!

Sooner: Rainbow Plaid for 4 of you

Name:  IMG_7039.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  241.2 KB
    Because I miscut some of my cupcake fabric, only 9 pieces ended up as fat 8ths. So I searched my stash for coordinating fabric that I can incorporate into the same quilt. I cut 4 fat 8ths of this rainbow plaid (grid? weave look? what do you call it?) .

I am asking that you use any of the colors in this fabric, but please only solid or tone-on-tone so it doesn't get too busy.

I like your “weave” print, Zozee. I’ve had that one before. It will go great with the cupcake fabric.

Zozee, whatís the scale of the pic? Extreme closeup?
    Sooner: Rainbow Plaid for 4 of you

Name:  IMG_7039.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  241.2 KB
    Because I miscut some of my cupcake fabric, only 9 pieces ended up as fat 8ths. So I searched my stash for coordinating fabric that I can incorporate into the same quilt. I cut 4 fat 8ths of this rainbow plaid (grid? weave look? what do you call it?) .

I am asking that you use any of the colors in this fabric, but please only solid or tone-on-tone so it doesn't get too busy.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast