Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Here is my fabric for the sooner group. Dark brown and rusty red in solid or tonal with a cream or COC background.Attachment 607259
    Very pretty.

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    Sooners: My Cupcake Fabric

Attachment 607260

Here's the fun fabric I've chosen from my stash. The quilt we make with it will either be a donation into Baltimore's foster care system (a friend of mine is a social worker) or it'll be a tummy time quilt for when my grandtwins come to play. I'll decide that later.

I'm asking that Sooner Boomers use any color you see in the cupcake fabric except black or white.

I have plenty of this fabric, so if you mess up, don't be afraid to ask me to send you another Fat 8th.
    What a fun quilt this will be.

Zozee I have used that same fabric in some of my kids quilts. Love all the bright colors

I received F8s from Libster, Jaba, Mona G and SBG. Thank you!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Zozee, what’s the scale of the pic? Extreme closeup?
    Yes, I got very close to the fabric.

We also have a 3 month group. The Laters. That group usually fills first. 19 in 2 months is completely doable for a lot of people. Its not for everyone. Ive done both but do prefer the 3 month. Youll find it here: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-22-3-month-group-later-t302396.h Also tml#post8197964
    Ah! There's Sooners and there's Laters. Actually, I should be off to find the training wheels crowd. But please know this forum has had a positive influence on me. I've been staring down an unfinished quilt for DGD for quite some time and it has defiantly been staring back. Today I started up my sewing machine and began an attack. The first lines of stitch in the ditch have been drawn and now the battle is on. The other UFO's in the sewing room are beginning to shiver in their boots. Who rah!

Sorry for the glare on the glass but this beautiful quilt was hanging in the lobby of the doc’s office

Name:  EB917003-9FD2-43DE-9897-643C78C2BC7A.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  847.1 KB

Wow, that is an incredible quilt, Terri! I bet you were surprised to see it there.

chickadee, you’re too funny. I love the way you write!

I’m happy my fabric made it ok. Now no worries.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm looking forward to working on these blocks. Yesterday I bought and downloaded a new embroidery block set so I hope to work on that this weekend. I'm very new to the embroidery thing - and really enjoying it.

Terriamn, that is a neat quilt. I've been wanting to do a NYB quilt for some time, I really like the layout of that one!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by L'il Chickadee View Post
    Ah! There's Sooners and there's Laters. Actually, I should be off to find the training wheels crowd. But please know this forum has had a positive influence on me. I've been staring down an unfinished quilt for DGD for quite some time and it has defiantly been staring back. Today I started up my sewing machine and began an attack. The first lines of stitch in the ditch have been drawn and now the battle is on. The other UFO's in the sewing room are beginning to shiver in their boots. Who rah!
    Thanks for the morning laugh!

Tomorrow my DH is going to be sitting the huge State Journeymen electrician exam. I can't help but be nervous for him. I know he will do well, but this is the exam he has been studying for all four and a half years of his apprenticeship and the pressure seems huge. I have been praying all week that it goes well! I'll be going with him for support and MIL will babysit the girls. We plan to have a date lunch afterwards. I'm looking forward to that! We don't go on many dates because of the girls (and I'm terrible at trusting high school babysitters!)

Today I'll be cleaning the house; I don't want MIL to think we live in a barn, lol!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

NZQ, if it helps any, theyll be a bunch of us boomers wishing DH much success tomorrow. Enjoy your post exam/date lunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Thanks for the morning laugh!

Tomorrow my DH is going to be sitting the huge State Journeymen electrician exam. I can't help but be nervous for him. I know he will do well, but this is the exam he has been studying for all four and a half years of his apprenticeship and the pressure seems huge. I have been praying all week that it goes well! I'll be going with him for support and MIL will babysit the girls. We plan to have a date lunch afterwards. I'm looking forward to that! We don't go on many dates because of the girls (and I'm terrible at trusting high school babysitters!)

Today I'll be cleaning the house; I don't want MIL to think we live in a barn, lol!

NZQ prayers and best wishes for your hubby! I have the utmost respect for electricians all they have to know and do to be effective and safe! Good for you to go support him and make a date of it!

Quick FYI. I believe the bad weather in various parts of the country is wreaking havoc with package delivery. Only half of those due in today have made it to my town and those are out for delivery. I know the others will show up sooner or later. (Yes, I said it!) Anyway, Ill post as they roll in.

Mine fabrics were just dropped off at the post office and I have sent you tracking.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    Macy are you doing embroidery on a machine or by hand? I just bought a PE770 from Terri and didn't use it for a few months because it scared me. I am on a PE770 facebook page and listening to all that "might" happen had me terrified. Ive made 10 or so 5x 7 hoop blocks about "friendship" and am going to try to get them set into a quilt someday..The only problem Ive had so far is breaking thread. Havent learned to make my own designs or do monogram yet but I will...Its addictive. I had forgotten about the OLD quilts Ive made but one of the first was a hand embroderied blocks then sewn them together...NO "quilting" because I didn't know you were suppose to quilt it so it didn't last too long on our bed! Life is a lesson...…
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

We haven’t had the snow a lot of you have had but man alive it is cold here. Minus 9 this morning and it’s just going to keep getting colder all week. Went to an appointment yesterday and the wind went right through me. Brrrrrr

Today I rec'd F8s from Cheesehead, Joanelizbay, NZquilter and Queenbarbiej to add to those from Libster, Jaba, Mona G and SBG. That makes 8 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    We haven’t had the snow a lot of you have had but man alive it is cold here. Minus 9 this morning and it’s just going to keep getting colder all week. Went to an appointment yesterday and the wind went right through me. Brrrrrr
    Only one week left to go Terri and you will be lounging in the sun in Mexico.

Today I rec'd F8s from Cheesehead, Joanelizbay, NZquilter and Queenbarbiej to add to those from Libster, Jaba, Mona G and SBG. That makes 8 so far.
    Oh goodie! I'm glad they arrived safely, even though a day late.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

These are a couple of blocks I've made for myself from my scraps for this group.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Oh, those are pretty, Libster! Kind of reminds me of St Patrick's day

Thank you. This quilt is going to my great-grandson for his big bed because he has another little sister coming in May.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I was thinking the same thing... they are beautiful, Libster.

I'll be praying for Mr. NZquilter to get a good night's sleep and to conquer that test tomorrow! Enjoy your lunch date once the pressure is off.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Uh, oh, Id better finish getting the boom 22 gallery up! Love the blocks, Libster. The top one Im especially partial to. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    These are a couple of blocks I've made for myself from my scraps for this group.

my package made it to Atlanta - hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow!

Joan, I'm doing machine embroidery. I'm finally learning how to use my Babylock Destiny after having it for near two years. I was super intimidated by it for a long time, now we are getting to be friends.

Good luck for your DH, NZ Quilter. I remember when my husband took the test (part written and part physical) to become a certified Crane Operator. I remember what it was like when I sat for my CMA exams - that was 4 three hour exams to pass, I think I did one a year. Seems like ages ago now . ..

I'm glad to spend my time sewing instead of studying!

I'm making DH a cheesecake this afternoon. It's starting to smell really good. I hate having to wait for it to cool before cutting in. I'll make some cherry sauce to go with.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast