Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 01-29-2019, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I’ll post your side swap blocks to the gallery if you all wish.
Yes, please.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:18 AM

Ooh, such pretty blocks been shown here already! I can't wait to start!

I bought some cute 1950's maternity dress patterns off Etsy and am working on two now. I don't know how they will look on me -hopefully not like a costume - but if they don't work out, no hard done. I'm trying to find a maternity style I feel comfortable in, as I hate the tight fitted mom-to-be clothes of today. So, it's a bit of an adventure!
Old 01-29-2019, 04:08 PM

I won’t send a photo of fabric because it is simply background. I plan to make boy quilts. I think it will be two colors plus background and one of the colors being either green or blue so that the blocks will work together. I plan on getting it sorted this weekend.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

NZ, one thing nice about sewing your own clothes is being able to alter them to fit. I know you can do it! By the time my third was born (3 in 4 years), I owned more maternity clothes than regular clothes!

My daughter has been wearing lots of flowy tunics with maternity leggings under them.

Shannon, it will be fun making boys blocks for you. I already have ideas...
Old 01-30-2019, 05:54 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607618[/ATTACH]

Never remember it being this cold, my poor dog was shivering so bad and lifting her paws off the ground she barely made it back up the stairs into house.
Attached Thumbnails a9991bb1-f075-4efc-9eb3-80c3fe94fc73.jpeg  
Old 01-30-2019, 06:59 AM

That’s $&@%# cold. Cannot begin to imagine. My pups are having a bit of trouble with their feet and they’re walking on iced over 20 degree sod. Geez! I’m surprised your old gal would go out at all! Stay warm and dry.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607618[/ATTACH]

Never remember it being this cold, my poor dog was shivering so bad and lifting her paws off the ground she barely made it back up the stairs into house.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:19 AM

this is unusually cold, though we didn't set any records last night. I'm just on the western edge of the cold front, so it only got to -24 last night. When it's super cold, take a glass of hot water outside and toss the water into the air - pretty cool to watch!

Our outdoor cats have been staying in DH's heated garage the last several days. He keeps it around 45 because he's got some equipment that won't do well with below freezing.

I've been teleworking this week so I don't have to be out in the cold (have 84 mile drive) but it will be nice enough I'll go in tomorrow. Then we'll have a heat wave for the weekend, and then a chance of snow again on Sunday/Monday.

I am so ready for winter to be over!
Old 01-30-2019, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Wow Terri, that's like Alaska temps... in the dead of winter! And then it shows you warming up to 40 degrees by next week. Just goes to show what an arctic blast can do. We've been at 30 or so, and that's really cold for Mississippi. Even had snow on the ground when I woke up yesterday. All gone now....

I've been in major 'baby shower gift making' mode. Got several dresses and rompers ready, and last night finished a little sweater to be used as a topper over the sleeveless dresses, when needed. So much fun... but I haven't played on my long arm in weeks.

Yesterday the idea popped into my head that the three babies (my two GDs plus a cousin that will be born within a month of them) all need small car quilts. Little 32" squares or so, for carrying baby to the car, and snugging them into the car seat once they get there. Big quilts just don't work as well for that. So now I have 3 little baby quilts to hurry up and make. At the same time, my daughter is designing the World's Most Perfect Baby Quilt, for her big quilt. She wanted to do everything but sew it... so I'm still waiting on orders for that, and fabric. She's doing a Beatrix Potter theme and also wants me to make the crib bedding to match. Lots of fun to come...
Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 AM

Last night it got down to -9 degrees in Nebraska. My dad gave me a text yesterday and said they had 63 degree weather in North Carolina. NOT FAIR!!!!
Old 01-30-2019, 07:44 AM

Well, they may have had 63 in NC but in GA it barely got out of the 30s. Brrr. Due to the weather today and yesterday, the company installing my new windows is taking the 2 days off and working elsewhere inside. So, while I absolutely understand, it means my house will be in disarray well into next week. The project mgr said he'd have the windows installed in a single day. I wanted to laugh but held back. 26 windows, one day? Um no. First day, 6, with the last done incorrectly. They'll be back again tomorrow. The project mgr is sure they'll finish the remaining 20 tomorrow. (This is me not laughing yet again... )
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Last night it got down to -9 degrees in Nebraska. My dad gave me a text yesterday and said they had 63 degree weather in North Carolina. NOT FAIR!!!!