Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 01-30-2019, 07:53 AM

Default Heads up...

Reminder for "oldies" and a heads up for "newbies". Please do not use all cap words in your posts. The QB admin considers it rude. Please use your editing tools above (B-bold, I- italics and U-Underline) for emphasis. If you use all caps, your posts may be altered or deleted. Thanks!

edited to add: you have 20 minutes once you post to alter it. After that, it cannot be changed by you.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-30-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Last night it got down to -9 degrees in Nebraska. My dad gave me a text yesterday and said they had 63 degree weather in North Carolina. Not fair!!!!
Sorry for the original post having all caps. I did not know it wasn't allowed. I changed in my reply.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:04 AM

Oh my goodness, Terri, that is insanely cold!!! Your poor dog! I stepped outside for a moment and it's cold here too, 0° right now with the wind chill making it -25°.

Our septic tank lateral (sp?) froze yesterday and the guys can't come out to fix it until the temperature gets to 20°. So we are eating off disposable dishes and limiting bathroom trips. I'm glad I haven't potty trained my two year old yet! The septic guy did say the waste won't all come back up the house pipes, but rather all over the ground outside. That I'm glad for!
Old 01-30-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yesterday the idea popped into my head that the three babies (my two GDs plus a cousin that will be born within a month of them) all need small car quilts. Little 32" squares or so, for carrying baby to the car, and snugging them into the car seat once they get there. Big quilts just don't work as well for that. So now I have 3 little baby quilts to hurry up and make. At the same time, my daughter is designing the World's Most Perfect Baby Quilt, for her big quilt. She wanted to do everything but sew it... so I'm still waiting on orders for that, and fabric. She's doing a Beatrix Potter theme and also wants me to make the crib bedding to match. Lots of fun to come...
That does sound like fun! I've been intending on making carseat quilts too but this new Baby will be an other summer baby, due late June. Here is a pattern I've found on Pinterest and have wanted to try. http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2...-blankies.html . It looks easy but seems very practical too. Here's another I've pinned to Pinterest, https://www.fleecefun.com/how-to-mak...e-pattern.html . Sewing for babies is so fun! It's like dressing dolls again, but real ones! and being able to dream all at the same time.

Edited to Add: I was going through my Pinterest and saw this one too! It's written in another language, but I'm sure it would be easy to figure out. https://pin.it/2sus42q6qkxpo4

Last edited by NZquilter; 01-30-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added paragraph
Old 01-30-2019, 10:58 AM

Braved these ridiculous frigid temps to see surgeon today. I really like him and he spent a lot of time explaining to me what went wrong with the lap bands and what to expect with the sleeve. Surgeries will both be laparoscopic on March 4. As soon as the fat 1/8’s arrive I will need to get working on them immediately
Old 01-30-2019, 11:29 AM

We have the sub-zero temps here in Ohio also but not quite as bad as some. Right now it is -4 with a windchill of -30. Y'all know what I'll be doing...staying warm and sewing. But, the temp on Monday is supposed to be 50. What the heck is going on with this crazy weather? Yesterday I told the ladies at the Hospice thrift store where I volunteer that I am going back to Florida! Only kidding. Now that I live only 5 minutes from my brother and about 8 minutes from my son, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Anyone who is experiencing this brutal weather, please stay inside and stay warm. It's even harder on us older ones than it used to be. Old Arthur is not being nice to my hands today.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
this is unusually cold, though we didn't set any records last night. I'm just on the western edge of the cold front, so it only got to -24 last night. When it's super cold, take a glass of hot water outside and toss the water into the air - pretty cool to watch!

Our outdoor cats have been staying in DH's heated garage the last several days. He keeps it around 45 because he's got some equipment that won't do well with below freezing.

I've been teleworking this week so I don't have to be out in the cold (have 84 mile drive) but it will be nice enough I'll go in tomorrow. Then we'll have a heat wave for the weekend, and then a chance of snow again on Sunday/Monday.

I am so ready for winter to be over!
I think under 50 degrees above zero is to cold for human habitation!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for those baby wrap patterns, NZ! I especially like the first one. The hood is a great idea.

Sorry about your septic woes!

Terri, I am so surprised they can do your 'sleeve' surgery through your belly button! That just amazes me.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 01-30-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:23 PM

No, very cute baby blankets, sent them both to a friend. Bad deal on the septic system

Sewbiz my tummy is going to look like a road map when this is all done. Have 4 small scars from lap band surgery, four more from gall bladder. Main gall bladder incision is still large and nasty looking. They will add 3 to 4 incisions on left side to remove lap band. One will be good size where they will need to remove port. On right side will be 4 to 5 incisions to cut and remove 75 to 80% of stomach. Once again one of the incisions will need to be larger where they remove the cut away stomach. Luckily I am not having these surgeries to become beautiful and sexy but as a tool to get my health in order.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Terri, it sounds so scary. You are a brave lady! Be sure to remind us when the surgery is about to happen, so we can cover you in prayer. I want you to be the poster child for stomach sleeve surgery success!