Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 AM

For various reasons, I'd like to share part of something Jayne W posted over on Later:

...This boom has definitely reminded us of the whole circle of life. I'm glad we get to celebrate so new life as we all work through the loss of Joan.

Me now...
You just never know what will happen on any given day.
Joan's on my mind a lot this week. I keep thinking that the day before she died, she emailed me and talked about her embroidery work she was still getting the hang of and that she'd mailed her f8s. The next day she was gone.

Therefore, I want to tell you all that I deeply appreciate all each of you do to make this swap run as smoothly as it can. This includes most especially being positive and sharing your compliments of the work you see, keeping in touch with the group and continuing to dialog consistently and posting pix of your blocks and trying to keep them small, not always easy, especially when it's new to you. There is much more but these are the highlights I feel today. Hugs to you all. I'm working on finding more gratitude in my life and you guys are on the receiving end today. You know I'm not much of a softie but today I feel pretty mushy. Circle of life stuff, I guess.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 AM

I have not had a Christmas tree for years, and I really miss it. We have no visitors and the cats would find it too fun, so we stopped. Maybe some day when we live closer to family.

I rely on the people I've met on this message board for most of my social interactions. I'm very introverted in person so don't enjoy physically being with a lot of people, but that does not mean I dislike people. I think we've all taken time to think about what is important in life this last week.

Here are the last blocks - two using Joan's fabric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609480[/ATTACH]

I also took a better picture of the block for Terriamn. The block needed more pressing, and the lighting in the first picture really showed that!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609481[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imgp4618.jpg   imgp4621.jpg   imgp4614.jpg  
Old 03-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Here is the block I made for myself

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609482[/ATTACH]

Since I won't be getting blocks back from Joan, I wanted to make one up for my set that did have some of her fabric in it - and then decided since my fabric was background - I could make a block with a small square of fabric from everyone. This pattern only needed 2" squares, and I had enough left of all but one to get that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609483[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imgp4627.jpg   imgp4630.jpg  
Old 03-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Cheesehead all your blocks are so pretty, real delights.

NZ one year I left the tabletop tree in family room up all year. Hubby was giving me grief on it and I dug in my obstinate feet and just decorated it per the season or holiday

Queen B almost missed your great blocks.

Last edited by terriamn; 03-01-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:45 AM

NZ, just take off the Christmas decorations, go to the dollar store and get some St. Patrick’s Day stuff and redo it. You could go the holidays and leave it up all year
Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 AM

There you go, NZQ, a kindred spirit!
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
NZquilter mine is still up also. The only reason is my Christmas tree is 9 ft tall and it goes in the closet of my sewing room. The past few months it has been a catch all for everything. So last Sunday, Monday and Thursday evening I went through my entire sewing room (10x11) and rearranged everything. I told my hubby that it's coming down tonight.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM

What a fine solution! LOL.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
NZ, just take off the Christmas decorations, go to the dollar store and get some St. Patrick’s Day stuff and redo it. You could go the holidays and leave it up all year
Old 03-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Great blocks going on over here. Macyb, love your entire boom block w/ everyone's fabric. That would be a great thing to include in the back of each boom quilt. I think a few booms back MJP??? maybe??? did a boom block appliques of everyone's fabric, and I was going to remember to do that (but forgot) A lot of times I don't have even that much fabric left from a fabric, but I need to try and remember this idea this time!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Forgot to mention I sent a note to Joanelizbay’s family expressing condolences and explaining who we are. Asked if they want the blocks being made from her fabric. I gave them my contact info. Hope to hear something. Will let you know when/if I do.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post

I have to agree with this idea. We have a Breakfast Club at our church that goes to the same restaurant every Monday morning for breakfast. They have a white tree that stays up all year and is decorated for every holiday and/or season. I love seeing how creative they can be with the decorations. It sure can be the topic of conversation sometimes!

Everybody's blocks are so pretty this time. I have to say that Macybaby's with all of our scraps is my most favorite one of all.