Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,145 of 1145

Thread: Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

I have some of Joan's fabric too if you need it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Hi Laters...I don't think I'll need any more of Joan's fabric but thank you. What I could use, Queenbarbiej, is the color dots on the selvage of your new Joan fabric...one set anyway. If you could cut off one set and mail it to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm trying out all kinds of arrangements. My main issue right now is what sashing color. I've tried every green I have (and I have dozens of varying shades) and the only one that seems to pull the blocks together is a dark green, but that wasn't my "vision" of it. I'd hoped to use the same color as Joan sent with her F8s but it doesn't seem to work with all the other greens as there are quite a variety. Her green works great with her floral but some greens next to hers just do not playing well together. Not at all! lol They're up on the design board and I rearrange them each time I see them. Guess I'm trying for perfection and that just ain't possible, at least not from me. LOL
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

I'll take a look at the selvage and see what's there and mail it to you. I still have your address.

Janice the selvage is on its way to you. Ladies I am done with my quilt. My feathers aren't perfect but I like it. I did the feathers in a multi purple thread. It was a little difficult to see when I was quilting. Second time doing feathers on a new to me Federal machine. The back of the quilt may look pinkish but it is actually purple. I hand dyed it that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Queenbarbiej; 05-30-2019 at 03:30 AM. Reason: for got pictures

Great finish QueeenB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

It's beautiful QueenB!! Congratulations! Your feathers look great.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Beautiful finish, QueenB!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It’s beautiful Queen Barbie, great job on the feathers. Even though my tops were small I sent them off to becquilted along with 2 more tops. So they would get finished.

I like doing all of the whole quilting process myself. Right now I have 3 quilts left. One to finish piecing and two to sandwich and quilt. I should be able to get all three done by the end of June. Then I will have at least one more to do and Christmas will be done.

Congratulations on finishing your lovely purple quilt.

Queen--congrats on the finish! It looks great. How fun is it to see one's own block in someone's finished work?

Janice, have you auditioned pinks for Joan's sashing?

Zozee, no, not yet. I was working with greens when all this mess with mom started. I was hoping to keep the quilt from looking ultra feminine so that it might appeal to a wide group however pink will probably be the easiest to work with. I tried various shades of brown from the flowers but those overwhelm her blocks. When Queenbarbiejís selvage arrives, Iíll have some good shades to match.

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Janice If you are wanting to "de" pink it how about a soft metal grey w/ grey / white cornerstones like this

Name:  a1a.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  140.5 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Kassaundra, thatís an idea! Thank you. I welcome all suggestions.

Hope to be able to get the colors chosen next week, providing I donít have to keep 14 hour days at the hospital.

The grey looks good, Kassaundra. Keeps it from from being ultra feminine and it lets the blocks take prominence.

Janice, blessings as you serve your mom in so many ways . Iím she appreciates everything you do.
    Last edited by zozee; 05-31-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Queenbarbiej, it looks like your letter will arrive today as I recd a pic of it thanks to USPS Informed Delivery. Iíll get it tonight when I get home. Thank you!

You are welcome. I am glad I was able to help. Let me know if you need any of the fabric. I used about half a yard of it leaving 1.5 yards.

Itís here, but I havenít opened it yet. Itís been quite a full day today but I canít sleep. More on that another day. Iím doing laundry that should have been done a week ago but Iíd prefer to be sleeping. No such luck. Hope you all sleep well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    You are welcome. I am glad I was able to help. Let me know if you need any of the fabric. I used about half a yard of it leaving 1.5 yards.

Good morning, Boomers. I just posted over on Later about the next boom but I haven't forgotten about Joan's blocks. They're still up on my design board, exactly as they were before Mom became ill several weeks ago. I plan to get to the LQS this week or early next for sashing fabric and backing so I can get working on the quilt. With that and Boom 23, I think I'll start to feel more like myself. Just wanted to let you know Joan's quilt has not been forgotten.

Quick fyi re:Boom 23, I'd like to start sign-ups about July 1 with F8s due in my hands about a month later. I'm finalizing the schedule right now. I'll pm admin soon for the ok to post on July 1.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46