Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-14-2019, 08:46 AM

Vikkim I love your fabric choices for the beautiful blocks you made. Terri it’s amazing how that orange and purple combination is working out. Lucky Pamela to have you for a mom!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM

Anyone into Essential oils or homeopathic cures? I know Janice also uses the essential oils. Trying to hurry this very slow healing infection and cellulitis along. Besides the creams and antibiotics from doctor trying coconut oil with lavender on the cellulitis, then you take cabbage leaves and gently bruise them and wrap around cellulitis( which is on left breast ). Next you mix crushed garlic, honey and cayenne pepper together and no you don’t add to the cabbage leaves but you take one tsp every hour for 8 hours. Haven’t tried this part yet but bought all the ingredients. I firmly believe in the oils but the other two hints are something new to me and at this point I am willing to try most anything.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM

These are the two I've made today. First one is for PamelaOry. Second one is for Bibliostone. Hope y'all like them.
Attached Thumbnails 101_1031a.jpg   101_1033a.jpg  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:12 PM

Terriamn, I will email you.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Anyone into Essential oils or homeopathic cures? I know Janice also uses the essential oils. Trying to hurry this very slow healing infection and cellulitis along. Besides the creams and antibiotics from doctor trying coconut oil with lavender on the cellulitis, then you take cabbage leaves and gently bruise them and wrap around cellulitis( which is on left breast ). Next you mix crushed garlic, honey and cayenne pepper together and no you don’t add to the cabbage leaves but you take one tsp every hour for 8 hours. Haven’t tried this part yet but bought all the ingredients. I firmly believe in the oils but the other two hints are something new to me and at this point I am willing to try most anything.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 PM

Default Boom Biz - color requests

Thank you, mjpEncinitas, for a well-timed reminder about requests. (Please email me when there is an issue and I can try to handle it privately.) That being said, I've discovered a number of blocks in the Gallery that while lovely, do not conform to the fabric requests. While some may be design choices, I suspect they were simple misunderstandings. You see colors in the F8 and either do not read the requests or misinterpret them. I discovered this with Kassaundra's blocks when I began hers earlier this week. If you haven't yet made a block for Kassaundra, please be careful. She's asking for her fabric, white and/or grey, and one feather color. If you've made a block already and you've followed those colors, or if you've contacted her directly and rec'd her go ahead, you are golden. If not, you may consider changing it. It is up to you.

Please read and reread the color requests. It's important if you wish your blocks to be used. If there is anyone who has an issue with the blocks they've seen, please let me know privately. You cannot count on me to discover it as I did with Kassaundra's. Once blocks are mailed to me, there is nothing I can do. And, I can only request that blocks be altered. I cannot make someone do something they do not wish to do, as it is ultimately their choice.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I just wanted to remind my fellow boomers of my color requests. For my repeating fabric with the purple and orange polka dot companion fabric. If it’s possible, please use orange or any color in the fabric EXCEPT blue or white. that would be very helpful. Apologies if this wasn’t clear in the instructions.

For those of you who used Blue No worries, I love the blocks you made. It’ll never be noticed on a galloping horse and that’s the only kind I ride.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:27 PM

Janice thanks for the reminder, I thought I read Kass’s as no white. I did make hers after MJP’s, was probably thinking of her request. A good reminder for me to double check my colors before cutting. Will be changing my corner triangles to white.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:30 PM

I've never tried the oils, etc. Terriamn, but am very willing if you or Janice have a suggestion for me. I did notice some of the colors choices but have already sent mine in and had to hope I didn't read the requests wrong. I read them the minute I open the baggies, read them again, pick fabric and read them again. It makes it so much easier to me and I figure for every Boom I may have to buy fabric for someone's block. Usually, to be honest, what I do is buy a set or 2 of FQ's from Connecting Threads in solids and blenders and those colors usually work. It just works for me and I always have extra for a wall hanging or mug rug, for a swap or for me. The only thing I have really noticed for this Boom is that there is a wide variety on the size of the F8, I got from a size of 11 x 21 to 13 x 17. Not a gripe, just stating a fact!
Hubby and son went to the hockey game in Tampa the other night and a day later Bill got a cold! He just had to share it with me so that's what I've had for the last 3 days. Finished all the Boom blocks so went through all the fabric and fat quarters, refolded all of it, sorted by color. Then I decided to take down the long arm table and make it smaller so I could rearrange the sewing room. 2 days later and I'm done, should have had my head examined but glad my main machine is back in front of a window. With these old eyes it's much easier to see.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:56 PM

Great blocks Libster, thank you for mine, I love it!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
These are the two I've made today. First one is for PamelaOry. Second one is for Bibliostone. Hope y'all like them.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:57 PM

Wow, Terriamn, that’s so nice of you. I’m waiting for one person to get back to me on one I think I goofed on. :/

I’ve just sent you an email abt an EO group I belong to on FB. If you are interested, let me know. I’m sure there must be many.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice thanks for the reminder, I thought I read Kass’s as no white. I did make hers after MJP’s, was probably thinking of her request. A good reminder for me to double check my colors before cutting. Will be changing my corner triangles to white.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:09 PM

Jaba, same thing for you if you are interested in some info on EO’s. I’ll send you an email. But you must take the info with a grain (tablespoon) of salt and a lot of common sense.

Thank you for letting me know about the F8s. I pulled one or two from each package. I only found one that was undersized at a hair under 10” by 17”. I kept that one myself. It really is important folks to make the absolute minimum with no selvages 10 x 18, and not a smidge smaller. Thanks, Jaba.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I've never tried the oils, etc. Terriamn, but am very willing if you or Janice have a suggestion for me. I did notice some of the colors choices but have already sent mine in and had to hope I didn't read the requests wrong. I read them the minute I open the baggies, read them again, pick fabric and read them again. It makes it so much easier to me and I figure for every Boom I may have to buy fabric for someone's block. Usually, to be honest, what I do is buy a set or 2 of FQ's from Connecting Threads in solids and blenders and those colors usually work. It just works for me and I always have extra for a wall hanging or mug rug, for a swap or for me. The only thing I have really noticed for this Boom is that there is a wide variety on the size of the F8, I got from a size of 11 x 21 to 13 x 17. Not a gripe, just stating a fact!
Hubby and son went to the hockey game in Tampa the other night and a day later Bill got a cold! He just had to share it with me so that's what I've had for the last 3 days. Finished all the Boom blocks so went through all the fabric and fat quarters, refolded all of it, sorted by color. Then I decided to take down the long arm table and make it smaller so I could rearrange the sewing room. 2 days later and I'm done, should have had my head examined but glad my main machine is back in front of a window. With these old eyes it's much easier to see.