Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-08-2019, 11:51 AM

I’m glad you posted the pic of my block. I thought I’d failed to notice it earlier and I added it to the gallery this morning. I took a not-so-great picture but now I’ll replace it with yours. And yes, I love stars and this one is a beauty. Thank you. Seeing it in person, it’s a perfect red!
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Lstew, I think it is a compliment to be asked to be in the ensemble and I hope you are okay that you didn’t get the part. Fun to see the blocks you have made.

Here is the last one for me. I purchased two different reds to decide which best set off the fabric. Star in a star with fussy cutting for Janice because she adores stars. Those are the smallest flying geese I have ever made, 1.5” x 3” finished? Has anyone used flying geese this size or smaller for a quilt? They are cute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611365[/ATTACH]
Old 04-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Wow Darcy, beautiful star block for Janice!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Jaba when you close up for the summer do you have to go through a process like you do when you leave your Wyoming house for the winter

DarcyShannon beautiful block for Janice.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Quick FYI that Libster continues to be unable to access the QB. Anyone wishing to reach her should try her by email.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Beautifl block Darcyshannon!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611365[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Sorry you didn't get the part, Lstew. Coo-dos for putting yourself out there! That takes courage
Old 04-08-2019, 05:10 PM

It seems like every time I visit our pages I see blocks I have never seen before..what talent Ladies..I have been enjoying such beautiful spring weather here in Georgia..Glad your feeling better Terri..and SBG what a beautiful new grandbaby!
Old 04-09-2019, 02:43 AM

It took a lot of courage to audition for a musical, I usually do straight plays. I get very nervous with a singing audition. The director is a good friend and he knew how I felt. I am not going to join the ensemble, I have volunteered my talents behind the scenes. Costumes, set builds, sound, lights, etc... We always have plenty of people who want to be up front, but not a lot of volunteers to keep the show going behind the scenes. Thank you ladies for all your kind words, This is the best group of friends. Your encouragement always warms my heart.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:41 AM

My gosh, that time already? I think flying next time is a great idea as long as you've got pretty much everything you need at both locations.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Beautiful blocks Lstew, you were very busy.
I've been busy too, getting my machines cleaned and oiled, etc., sewing stuff packed to go back to Wyoming and now going to start cleaning the house and getting it ready to be shut down for the summer. Heading back to Wyoming this weekend hopefully, 3-4 long days of driving....not looking forward to that at all. Next year it's called fly back and forth, no need to drive. We have cars and pickups at both houses, I have sewing machines and fabric at both....what more do you need?
Yes, spring has certainly hit us. I hope we are done with the cold weather but I'm already disliking all the humidity. Oh, well...
Originally Posted by NanaKathy55 View Post
It seems like every time I visit our pages I see blocks I have never seen before..what talent Ladies..I have been enjoying such beautiful spring weather here in Georgia..Glad your feeling better Terri..and SBG what a beautiful new grandbaby!
Lstew, I think it takes a lot of courage to audition for anything or get on any stage for any reason at all. You have my congratulations for doing it. I had one horrible experience trying to give a speech to a large crowd of people and that scarred me for life. Disaster! It's good of you to join the group and work behind the scenes.
Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
It took a lot of courage to audition for a musical, I usually do straight plays. I get very nervous with a singing audition. The director is a good friend and he knew how I felt. I am not going to join the ensemble, I have volunteered my talents behind the scenes. Costumes, set builds, sound, lights, etc... We always have plenty of people who want to be up front, but not a lot of volunteers to keep the show going behind the scenes. Thank you ladies for all your kind words, This is the best group of friends. Your encouragement always warms my heart.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

LStew, good for you! I always loved working behind the scenes. I did a lot of costuming for Ballet Mississippi during the years my kids danced with them. It's so much fun.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Trying to keep up with all the computer "stuff" and then I look at the amount of time I am spending on it - Ugh! I did get to look at the blocks all together - and hoping you all post a completed quilt so we can all see how well they played together!
Vikkim - I just saw my jars of peppers and peas and I don't recall thanking you = thanks for adding the extra jar - This will be some awesome sample of God's bounty!
I just finished up on a quilt and tried putting my info on the binding as I saw somewhere(?)
I just folded the binding as normal and then before sewing it onto quilt started putting whatever on it. So easy! the quilt from 2.5" squares from the Birthday Candy swap.
Attached Thumbnails 20190409_090238.jpg   annie2019.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-09-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps