Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Lol. I can’t decide if I love that dress or hate it. I’d love to make a houndstooth quilt but the dress is too bold of a choice for me. Come to think of it, I had those white boots, too.

Am sitting here at the auto repair shop. My car has a coolant leak and the poor thing started smoking 1 mile from here. That was one long mile! I’ll be here for the foreseeable future I suppose.

[QUOTE=Cheesehead;8197675]
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Check out her houndstooth dress!
    Oh my...to think that was the style back then! I had a pair of the white boots though
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Clover...er-P52324.aspx. Anyone have one of these, sure looks interesting for making pillows etc.

Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    "Sooner or later, love is gonna get ya
    Sooner or later, girl you got to give in
    Sooner or later, love is gonna let 'cha
    Sooner or later, love is gonna win
    Its just a matter of time"

(And I will say that love is the love of quilting!!"
    I'm in the Sooner group, but just went on YouTube to hear this. I've never heard it before, but what a cute song! Now I have it stuck in my head! Oh I wish there was music like this on the radio nowadays!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    I'm in the Sooner group, but just went on YouTube to hear this. I've never heard it before, but what a cute song! Now I have it stuck in my head! Oh I wish there was music like this on the radio nowadays!
    I agree with you! Music back then was my favorite. The lyrics made sense and you could actually hear the words!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Mailed off my F8s this morning and emailed my tracking number to Janice. I am so ready.
    I'm in both groups, so I plan to make my Sooner blocks first since they're due in 2 months. I will be watching what everyone is doing over here so I don't repeat a block already done by someone. It occasionally happens but with different fabrics it looks different anyway.
    My advice for all the new ladies....just relax and have fun with it. If a cutting mistake is made, speak up. We help each other out as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I agree with you! Music back then was my favorite. The lyrics made sense and you could actually hear the words!
    And that's why I'm still stuck in the 70's music-wise!

Not your average run of the mill day around here. Smelled gas in my enclosed front porch, called in the hotline number and they sai I had to leave immediately, not even hang up the phone and don’t turn on or off any switches. Dressed grabbed the dog and we sat in my car till the emergency crew arrived. Extremely scary. When they arrived checked the house etc. House ok but there was a leak in the main gas line. They called in more trucks and eventually fixed it. When they tried to relight furnace they found another problem. Now waiting once again for the next repairman. Will be here between Noon and 8 PM. Very thankful for their prompt service

I'm in the sooner boom. Terriamn I kind of had the same thing happen to me except that I came home (through the garage doors) turned off my security alarm and smelt gas in the house. I called the hot line and they came out. They said I was lucky that my house didn't explode from the heater kicking on as I was opening the garage doors, turning on the lights and turning off the security system. Come to find out one of my dogs stood up at the counter next to the stove and accidently pushed in on of the knobs and turned it as they were getting down. From that day on, my poor fur babies are locked in the laundry room when I'm not home.

Queenbarbie for sure you were lucky. My garage isn’t attached so I was able to use the opener and move car around front.

This past few days has been dramatic here in Okie land too. We have a good friend vacationing in Mexico City. He has been posting all kinds of fun pics. He posted he was on the roof of the apt (air b and b) for the eclipse, then nothing after that until about 5 pm and there was a post about him being robbed and drugged and then nothing. The post said he had to go to the local apple store just to make that post. Nothing about the post seemed like him at all. The wording and way it was written just seemed off. NO ONE had heard from him, not his local (in Mexico City) family or State side family or even his best friend. Air b and b was trying to locate the apt owner to find out if he was okay. Anyway a very tense 1.5 days and have found out this afternoon he is infact okay. He was drugged and robbed and the post was real, but he is okay and on the way home!!!!!

My father is in the hospital, just found that out a couple of hours ago, they are doing all kinds of tests. Don't know what it going to become of that yet.

Tomorrow I have to take Gary for an out patient procedure. (nothing dangerous) So not sure when I am going to get to make the 80 mile drive to check on my father. I just couldn't today I was way too tired from the long night of worrying about our friend in Mexico City.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Kass, so glad to read that your friend has been found and is on his way back home. Can't even begin to imagine the ordeal he has been through the past couple of days.

Hope everything will be fine with Gary and your father, positive thoughts coming your way for both of them.

Boy Kass so glad your friend is ok and is on his way home. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your father and Gary

Kass, my well wishes for Gary, your Dad and your friend are also with all of you. So glad your friend is okay and I hope your Dad will be too. I know Gary will be in very capable hands when you get him back home. You have enough on your plate right now. ((((((Hugs))))))

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Queenbarbie for sure you were lucky. My garage isn’t attached so I was able to use the opener and move car around front.

Terri, that would have scared the bejeebers out of me! I am so glad the situation was not as awful as it certainly could have been. Somebody up there is looking out for you.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Some really close calls. I’m glad everyone is ok.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Time to get the bubblesuits out for you and loved ones. Not sure about the cars and homes.
    It is very hard to keep calm whenever things are out of our control. Quick thinking Terri. Kass, take care of your self , don't want you down again.

Terriamn, I'm so glad nothing serious happened. How frightening! Do the gas folks think it had anything to do with the very cold weather? So happy you all are ok.

Queenbarbiej, you had some serious luck on your side for that considering nothing triggered an explosion. And I can absolutely see how a dog could do that, although truthfully, I never considered the possibility until you wrote it. Happily, both my dogs aren't jumpers, but you never know.

Oh, Kassaundra, how upsetting! I'm glad your friend came out of his ordeal as well as he did. We seem to be hearing about a lot of people who go missing lately in other countries. (DH and sons were in Peru last summer and they were completely out of touch for a week. We knew they would be but it was a little unsettling anyway.) I hope you can soon see your father and that the doctors discover what's happening with him very soon. And Gary, too? My goodness, best wishes for a swift recovery. My, you have your hands full. Hugs.

TG is right. Bubble suit time for all Boomers and family and friends.

Here is the fabric I chose for the later group. I will be including a 5" multi purple piece of fabric and a aqua and purple swatch to show matching colors in the fabric. Any tone on tone of these colors will be great, the 5" fabric I would like to see in the block if possible but not required.Name:  MVC-182S.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  58.2 KBI am thinking white or WOW for a background color.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 01-23-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Add additional comment

Blog Entries
    Beautiful fabric and colors. What are the names of the solid colors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Here is the fabric I chose for the later group. I will be including a 5" multi purple piece of fabric and a aqua and purple swatch to show matching colors in the fabric. Any tone on tone of these colors will be great, the 5" fabric I would like to see in the block if possible but not required.Name:  MVC-182S.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  58.2 KBI am thinking white or WOW for a background color.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

They are both Kona fabrics, I don't recall the names. The lady at the quilt store read the name of the aqua color and I all I can remember is it was something tropical sounding.

They gave my father a 100,000 mile check up. Refilled some fluids, got his sugar levels back down, gave him some iv antibiotics and are releasing him today. He was dehydrated, hyperglycemic (over 600), had a raging intestinal infection, and his gi meds for a chronic issue were not working effectively so he is to follow up w/ his dr for different gi meds.

Gary couldn't do the test b/c the meds they gave him made him projectile vomit all night (weren't suppose to do that)

Our friend is now back on Okie soil.

Squishy is in the mail.

All's well that ends well, in Okie land today.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Geez Kass, what a 24hrs you have been through! Hope everyone is feeling much better today. Why can't things just happen in dribs and drabs instead of everything happening at once?

Kass glad all is well and hope poor Gary has stopped reacting to the meds

Cheesehead your fabric is drop down gorgeous

Janice they didn’t give us any explanations on the leakage. Then they scared us by saying something was wrong with furnace. Tech came out and said it was absolutely fine. Must have been someone with little experience with hot water boilers

Sounds like some close calls for folks! Glad to hear that things are working out. I just sent my fabrics off to Janice today. I look forward to getting started, but must admit as a newbie that I'm a bit nervous ...
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

Vikkim, once you get your package, first count to make sure you’ve got your 19. Then just marvel at the colors, read the notes, and let them speak to you. You’ll find some F8s you’ll just have an idea about what they need or want. Those are the ones I start with. As you get a little experience, go for those you find more challenging. Remember to also listen to your skills. Make what you are comfortable making. The idea is to have fun. Oh, a challenge is good too but don’t stress!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
    Sounds like some close calls for folks! Glad to hear that things are working out. I just sent my fabrics off to Janice today. I look forward to getting started, but must admit as a newbie that I'm a bit nervous ...

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast