Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 06-18-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613975[/ATTACH]
This one I hope I never have to duplicate b/c I was doodling w/ the computer and some of the things I did I have no idea how to do again!!! It took me many tries to figure out how to make it repeat.
i like them both but I love this!
Old 06-18-2019, 05:37 PM

NZquilter, it’s been 40+ years since i’ve Had a baby but I remember that excitement and anticipation especially after you’ve had a few you aren’t as nervous. Nothing quite as special as those first few weeks. I might have had more than 4 if number four hadn’t weighed in at 10#! And born on Thanksgiving. Dr thought we should name him Tom Turkey.

Yes, I tell them all they are my favorite. They razz me about how can you have 12 favorites? You are each so different, I say.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:44 PM

Oh, my, are these babies (and the grown grands, too!) just adorable?? Beautiful people in every size and age.

Libster, I'm sorry about your grief, and how the dates of your losses have ruined your birthday.

Janice, I remember the meltdown I had three days after my mom passed. I curled up in my bed in fetal position and just sobbed and screamed and bit a pillow and kicked like a baby. I could feel my stomach and my heart literally hurt from pain and in my head I pictured a baby being ripped from her mother's arms. THe crying was uncontrollable. My hubby came in and simply laid his hand on my back while I cried. "I can't do this! I can't do this without her!" All he said was, "Yes, you can." And he stayed there with me, silently praying, until I cried myself to sleep. It was the hardest and longest I had ever cried before or since, but it was very cathartic, and I actually woke up stronger instead of weaker in spirit.

NZ-- We are all so excited for you. Can't wait to hear your birth announcement!
Old 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM

Yes the designs I am making I am putting on spoonflower. When I decided to make my own zuni prints I started following a design group on FB to try and figure out how to do it (and watching you tube videos). Anyway they have a weekly challenge that sounded fun so I started following along w/ that then I started thinking about how I would approach this or that challenge, then the next thing I knew I was seeing if I could do what I thought up and then once I had the design why not just enter it??? lol lol lol Anyway I am having fun making the designs, I am not placing well in the challenges but that is okay. None of the designs I have made are for sale (yet) and might never be. On Spoonflower you have to print (buy) your design before you can sell it. I am definitely going to print my Zuni designs, but haven't decided if I will do the others yet.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-19-2019 at 02:42 AM. Reason: remove religious discussion
Old 06-19-2019, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
NZquilter, it’s been 40+ years since i’ve Had a baby but I remember that excitement and anticipation especially after you’ve had a few you aren’t as nervous. Nothing quite as special as those first few weeks. I might have had more than 4 if number four hadn’t weighed in at 10#! And born on Thanksgiving. Dr thought we should name him Tom Turkey.

Yes, I tell them all they are my favorite. They razz me about how can you have 12 favorites? You are each so different, I say.
Wow, GramE, that's exactly what I tell all of mine too! I tell them each that they're my "special" girl or boy, whichever I'm with. My oldest granddaughter looks at all the rest of them and announces that she's my favorite special person in the whole world so just deal with it. LOL I love it! Each of them has something special that the others don't, IMHO. The youngsters make life most pleasurable for me. I love all the family pics posted too.
Kass, your fabric designs are fabulous! Love them both.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:30 AM

Well, what a happy set of posts and pix this morning and a fine way to start the day.

Libster, I hope you find some pleasure in the day. Anything that will make you smile for your special day. Happy Birthday! Love the photo of KoraLee on the quilt. She's darling!

GramE, love the pic of you and the 3 grands. Your eyes say it all. Definitely not babes anymore but a handsome group of young men. Labyrinth is one I'm considering for my son's GF. She actually posted a photo on IG of one she found online and raved over it. Get's me thinking... And the Tom Turkey story, priceless! (My dad was 13 pounds. Second and last child my grandmother had. I should think so!!!)

NZQ, Soon. Will be keeping you in my thoughts. Love the photo of your children TFS.

Kassaundra, congrats on expanding your knowledge and your designs. Your creative bones are growing! I, too, was hoping for the Zuni but not rushing to print before you are ready is wise. I can only imagine the crop circles design was a big challenge.

Zozee, your meltdown must have been exquisite, and I'm not trying to be funny or make fun, not at all. One so deeply from the heart must have been powerfully and profoundly cathartic and healing. And your hubby did the absolute right thing. Didn't try to stop you or make things better. Was just fully with you. Hugs.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 AM

Love all the pictures of kids and grand’s. They are all so special. With 5 grand kids I say you are my favorite oldest grandson and favorite oldest granddaughter, then I have a favorite middle granddaughter and a favorite youngest granddaughter. Works out perfect and I don’t think there are any more grandkids in the future.

Libster sorry about your special day being ruined.

Kass love your fabric designs

When Mom passed I held her and bawled my head off, we were alone and I just sobbed and sobbed and told her how much I loved her. It was the best thing I could have done, peace just filled me after that.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Libster, Happy Birthday anyway!! It's your special day, just for you! Please celebrate yourself.

Zozee, what a great husband you have, and you can tell him I said so!
Old 06-20-2019, 11:41 AM

Oh my - what blessings we have! And one day our children will cry for us too!
We made it from AZ to NY - only took us a month. We took a week in Kansas going along the back roads. I watched the GPS on aerial view and all I saw was patchwork quilt patterns. Amazing!!
Spent a week with our 5yr old and watched her graduate PreK. What a joy to spend quality time with them - as I can see many of you already know.
I am glad I didn't bring much sewing with me - as my brother still can not drive so I am back to being Mom's caregiver. she is only 15 minutes away from where we are parked so not too bad. We have been talking about what she wants to do when she can not take care of her home by herself (which is coming up fast) and this summer will be the deciding time.
But life continues and I will enjoy each moment with my family
Blessings to all of you
Attached Thumbnails june-prek-graduation.jpg  
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Oh my - what blessings we have! And one day our children will cry for us too!
We made it from AZ to NY - only took us a month. We took a week in Kansas going along the back roads. I watched the GPS on aerial view and all I saw was patchwork quilt patterns. Amazing!!
Spent a week with our 5yr old and watched her graduate PreK. What a joy to spend quality time with them - as I can see many of you already know.
I am glad I didn't bring much sewing with me - as my brother still can not drive so I am back to being Mom's caregiver. she is only 15 minutes away from where we are parked so not too bad. We have been talking about what she wants to do when she can not take care of her home by herself (which is coming up fast) and this summer will be the deciding time.
But life continues and I will enjoy each moment with my family
Blessings to all of you
Beautiful young lady. And the floral tiara is the bomb!