Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 06-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Today I ran into Walmart to get a spool of grosgrain ribbon to put into some baby bucket hats, and lo and behold! They had a mountainous table of fabric bolts for $1.00 a yard! I bought 47 yards for $47! It's really nice cotton, too... mostly Waverly or Milo and Lila. I found Joan's pretty fabric too and bought 3 yards of it for a charity quilt. So Janice, if you want more of that to use for a backing, check your local Walmart stores. I think they all are doing this big clearance.

I asked the salesgirl if they were getting rid of all fabric again, and she said 'no', just some that they wanted to clearance to make room for more stuff. Sounded good to me!
Old 06-26-2019, 07:10 PM

Wow, what a score, SBG! I've been to every Walmart in my area of KS and always got there too late. All I found were empty bolts stacked up on the cutting table. There is nothing left in clearance. So... Whoever is the quilter in Northeast KS who went to every Walmart for the sale, please let me know when your stash goes on sale, Lol!

But I wil say, Walmart has brought in some pretty new prints!
Old 06-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Oh, I'm sorry you missed it, NZ. There may still be an undiscovered Walmart for you somewhere!

I posted pictures of my 'haul' in the Main section. If you see any you would like, I can try and get them for you... but the postage will negate a bunch of the savings. Still I'd be happy to look for you if you want me to.

Walmart Score Today!
Old 06-27-2019, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Wow, what a score, SBG! I've been to every Walmart in my area of KS and always got there too late. All I found were empty bolts stacked up on the cutting table. There is nothing left in clearance. So... Whoever is the quilter in Northeast KS who went to every Walmart for the sale, please let me know when your stash goes on sale, Lol!

But I wil say, Walmart has brought in some pretty new prints!

Don't give up just yet, NZquilter. At my Walmart, the clerk told me to price check some of the bolts I liked because they just haven't had time to mark them down yet. She told me that the "powers that be" have decided to save money by going to pre-cut and packaged yardage using less aisle space. That way 1 clerk could handle more area, saving them operating cost. She suggested calling headquarters and voicing our opinions. Some of their fabrics are nice, but I want to feel it before I buy. Can't do that with pre-packaged stuff.
So far, I've bought somewhere in the neighborhood of 45-50 yards myself.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:17 AM

SBG, quite a score! I’m in the midst of slowly quilting joan’s blocks right now so I’m all set. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:53 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614280[/ATTACH]I’m living vicariously through you folks and all the grandchildren. I have two ‘bonus’ grandkids but their parents don’t allow pictures to be posted.

SBG what a score. We should all go shopping with you.

I made a N.Y. Beauty block. I used a Craftsy/blueprint class for guidance. It took me about 8 hours but that also included making templates. It was really challenging. It’s going to be the middle of a medallion quilt for my BIL.
My sister died about 5 years ago. He still calls my mom every day and takes her to lunch once a week. Goes with her to the hospital if needed until we get there. He chose the fabric in the triangles.

I always wanted to do one of the medallion border exchanges that Givio did. It sounds like they were problematic with some folks not doing their part. It’s a huge commitment. So I decided to do my own medallion quilt. Hope to finish it up by July 15 before I head to NY
Attached Thumbnails 5e7abef6-2877-4a83-a51c-717b9df8c5f3.jpeg  
Old 06-27-2019, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614280[/ATTACH]I’m living vicariously through you folks and all the grandchildren. I have two ‘bonus’ grandkids but their parents don’t allow pictures to be posted.

I made a N.Y. Beauty block. I used a Craftsy/blueprint class for guidance. It took me about 8 hours but that also included making templates. It was really challenging. It’s going to be the middle of a medallion quilt for my BIL.
My sister died about 5 years ago. He still calls my mom every day and takes her to lunch once a week. Goes with her to the hospital if needed until we get there. He chose the fabric in the triangles.

I always wanted to do one of the medallion border exchanges that Givio did. It sounds like they were problematic with some folks not doing their part. It’s a huge commitment. So I decided to do my own medallion quilt. Hope to finish it up by July 15 before I head to NY

Absolutely gorgeous! I could only wish I could do some of the things you and Kass do.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

this is really beautiful... and what a treasure your BIL is.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Gorgeous medallion, MJP! I'm glad your BIL remained a part of the family.

I think the biggest challenge of Givio's latest round robin was that one of the quilts got lost in the mail! So... there's always that.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:49 AM

mjpEncinitas, stunning block! Definitely worth the time spent. Congratulations.
...I made a N.Y. Beauty block. I used a Craftsy/blueprint class for guidance. It took me about 8 hours but that also included making templates. It was really challenging. It’s going to be the middle of a medallion quilt for my BIL....