Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 06-23-2019, 05:52 AM

Klaws- love the picture. Now adays I would rather the kids waited a bit before getting married. Give them time to grow up a bit!
Jaba - how exciting. So different than last year!! Love that they all want to make the effort to get together.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:16 AM

Loving all the news and the pictures! I don’t have any grand pictures to share but DS sent me an audio of the baby’s heartbeat - very fast and strong. Made me cry with happiness. They’re opting to not know the baby’s sex in advance. The doc knows but will keep it a secret. We’ll see if they change their minds.

Terriamn, both my DSs were looking like they’d never have children but then it happened and everyone is thrilled. You just never know.

Jaba, happy to hear you're having a family reunion. How wonderful!

Lstew, I’m very sorry to hear about your young son. There are really no words for such a loss so I’m sending hugs, lots of hugs.

Reminder, Boom 23 sign-up post one week from today!

edited to add... Has anyone heard from NZQuilter yet? I think babe is due now or is just past due. Can’t wait to hear.

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-24-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:28 AM

Janice, my oldest was married 8 years with no children. My second born then got married and had a son. We had 8 babies in 5 years after that! We actually had 4 babies in 5 months one year. I had 2 pregnant DILs and a pregnant daughter at one time one year. Now that’s a whole lot of estrogen at the Sunday dinner table! Oh my. It was so much fun. Now they are all graduating. We will have a graduate 6 years straight. Last year we had 4. It’s more fun than you can imagine when it happens to you. I frequently tell God I don’t know how I qualified to be so blessed. And now I live right across the street from my first great grand child, it keeps getting better and better.

I have family quilting projects for as long as I want. A great granddaughter can always use a new doll quilt! ❤️
Old 06-24-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Janice, my oldest was married 8 years with no children. My second born then got married and had a son. We had 8 babies in 5 years after that! We actually had 4 babies in 5 months one year. I had 2 pregnant DILs and a pregnant daughter at one time one year. Now that’s a whole lot of estrogen at the Sunday dinner table! Oh my. It was so much fun. Now they are all graduating. We will have a graduate 6 years straight. Last year we had 4. It’s more fun than you can imagine when it happens to you. I frequently tell God I don’t know how I qualified to be so blessed. And now I live right across the street from my first great grand child, it keeps getting better and better.

I have family quilting projects for as long as I want. A great granddaughter can always use a new doll quilt! ❤️

GramE, aren't those great-grands something else? We are indeed blessed to live long enough to meet, hold and love our future generations. Not everyone is so blessed as we have been.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Hi, everyone! I'm still here, and very pregnant, lol! My Baby is in no hurry. We had horrible storms on Saturday, with tornado sirens and all. I was sure Baby would come. But, nope! Not even that worked. I went for an hour's walk this morning, so hopefully that will make the little one come.

I love seeing all the family photos! It's so sweet to read how grandchildren bring so much joy into grandparents lives, and knowing that my children do the same for their Nanna and Grandpa. When my first baby was born I told my in-laws that they were 100% allowed to spoil her. My job as a parent is to discipline and teach her, their job is to spoil her. Of course I spoil my kids way too much too!
Old 06-24-2019, 03:24 PM

NZQ, well, you know it’ll happen sooner or later. That baby can’t stay in there much longer! Thanks for checking in. You’re in my thoughts for a swift (and easy) delivery and a healthy child.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 PM

NZQ, worth waiting for! Finally got my turquoise and green blocks sewn together. Love the chocolate brown with those blocks! Just need to hand sew the binding and it will be done then I'll post a pic for the album Janice. Looking forward to the next Booms and I'm in for both. Right now I'm concentrating on oxygen and getting to Washington, what a pain in the ass but the cancer is gone so am grateful for that. Life gives you some "funny" things so I just believe this was meant to be, not sure why but my higher power knows for sure.
If I'm not on here much, please be patient ladies....Happy 4th of July to everyone!!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 AM

Just think, Ladies, we're all going to be Cyber Grannies again! Any day now, NZquilter! Did I see that you're doing a home birth? My thoughts are with you for a safe smooth delivery.
Jaba, one day a a time. You're tough, you've got the worst totally behind you now. No way but up. I know you're going to be loving on those grandbabies. Enjoy!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:52 AM

I am happy to say infection is almost totally gone and this is the longest time frame I have gone without a reoccurrence since January. Feeling so much better it’s unbelievable, able to get back to walking and am spending this week at the lake by myself. Will head straight home and to the clinic at the first sign of rash. Right now my poor belly button is taking the brunt of it and sore as all get out. A part of your body you usually don’t think about.

So far no chiggers here but swimmers itch is out in force. My poor neighbor next door his legs are covered with it. Going into town to get some repellant as it is supposed to be downright hot towards the end of the week. Hoping to get in some lake time.

think hubby is buying a new boat today. We have been looking for a long time and running around the state checking them out. We have checked this one out twice and this afternoon he will drive down and take it for a test drive. Funny thing is I knew this was the one he would want as soon as he first saw it. His eyes lit up and he was so excited, just like us checking out sewing machines. We will sell our pontoon and my beloved jet ski. Going to miss it that’s for sure

gees sorry I was so long winded, guess that happens when I am alone to long
Old 06-25-2019, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

Yes... waiting to hear when our cyber grandbaby arrives! I am dying to know if it's a boy or a third girl for them. Hoping the home birth is a wonderful experience with no hitches.

Terri, enjoy your solitude at the lake. Never heard of swimmers' itch... is it from bug bites in the water? Hope you have that rash beat, finally.

I'm having so much fun knitting little summer shrugs for my grandbaby girls. Also sewing summer outfits. This weekend I should be getting some baby time. My SIL's Dad and stepmom are now visiting from England, and the whole lot of them are supposed to come to our house next weekend. However, we didn't see how they could all come in one car, so DH volunteered for us to go to Memphis instead, to visit them. Either way, I will have my Ivy! If we go to Memphis, we will get to see Millie too.