Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 10-13-2019, 10:06 AM

Janice, I have 5 left, I will have them done by tomorrow night. I have today and tomorrow to sew. Hope to have them in the mail by Saturday if not earlier. Everything is going great.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Awesome scenery, Terriamn! Thanks for sharing your pix.

Mjp, your crazy quilt is so colorful!

I was barely side swiped by DH’s bug so I’m feeling good now. Bibliostone, how’s your hubby doing?

Hows everyone getting along with their block making? I have a number of packages here but plenty still are in your hands. Anyone having trouble? All is well I hope.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:06 AM

Terri, love the pictures. I would love to visit there some day. It looks so peaceful and regal.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:36 AM

Terriamn -- love the pictures, especially the first one. Nice to see blue skies exist somewhere, if not here.

Janice -- I have two more blocks to go, hoping to work on them this week.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:21 AM

IrishMom, hubby and I went to pick up dog this morning and first thing we said was how sad not to see the sunshine. Has been raining and gloomy here for over 3 weeks. MJP would love to spend a month there. Next time we will be driving and plan on spending a lot more time in Utah and Nevada. Zion Nat’l Park was beautiful but so busy we waited in line at least 30 minutes for the shuttle and that was at 10 AM on a Monday

Janice glad you didn’t get the full blown version of your hubby’s virus
Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
IrishMom, hubby and I went to pick up dog this morning and first thing we said was how sad not to see the sunshine. Has been raining and gloomy here for over 3 weeks. MJP would love to spend a month there. Next time we will be driving and plan on spending a lot more time in Utah and Nevada. Zion Nat’l Park was beautiful but so busy we waited in line at least 30 minutes for the shuttle and that was at 10 AM on a Monday

Janice glad you didn’t get the full blown version of your hubby’s virus
My friend did the circle (Las Vegas, Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef. Grand Canyon) about two weeks ago - she was shocked how crowded everything was! When she was at Zion, she was told there was no seating in the restaurant until after two o'clock -- all bus loads. She was talking to people from all over the world and decided Utah must have had quite the advertising binge.

We've done several National Park trips, to me they are the best. We've gone out West three times and done the Smoky Mountains more times than I can count.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:43 PM

Terri, fabulous pictures! I hope to make it west someday.

Janice, I have 5 left. I made one for Kass that came out perfect, only to find I should have read to the bottom - it's 16 inches. Maybe a matching pillow?
Old 10-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Love your crazy quilt, MJP! You are so creative.

Thanks for sharing your pics, Terri. My Dad lived in NV for years and would take all his visitors out to see Red Rock. It's so pretty. Glad you had a fun vacation.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:13 PM

Sewbiz we had a strange experience at our second trip through Red Rock. There were 4 squad cars at the entrance blocking it then they rushed off the other way. Then 2 ambulances passed us, as we went a little further into park 3 squads, the park police and fire trucks were larked on the hill. Told my son bet there is a car down there. Sure enough their was a smashed convertible. Very strange because it wasn’t a tight curve or anything. Next day we found out the city police had gone out to arrest 2 fugitives from Florida and they ran. It was a very short run
Old 10-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Wow Terri, I assume they were dead? Going off the cliff in a convertible doesn't sound like it could end any other way.

DD, SIL, DS, and my sweet grandbaby Ivy all visited this weekend. We took Ivy to the state fair and let her see the petting zoo. She didn't love the very big animals, but liked the goats a lot. She pulled one of the little nubian (long eared) goats ears and tried to put it in her mouth! She also got to visit with a just-hatched yellow chick.

I thought we'd ride the merry-go-round, but they only had this weird double-decker merry go round. Decided to wait til she's a bit older. Our weather had finally turned cool, so we had a lovely Fall day at the fair.

Oh, we ate "alligator on a stick". Alligator is nasty. Greasy and sour tasting... yuck.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:09 AM

Am straightening up my sewing area and cane across a few dozen ziplock bags that once held fabric only. They’re used but in an effort to recycle, does anyone need some for swapping? They’re mostly the thin, almost quart sized ones, I think called sandwich size. First Boomer to email me gets them with their next package. Thanks.