Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 01-16-2020, 08:14 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Hope everyone is enjoying 2020. The plan remains to begin a new Boom at the end of February or the beginning of March so it might be time to give your stash a quick look to see if there's something in there you can use for Boom 24. All rules will remain the same but please note any wishing side swaps will have to handle them entirely themselves and not go through me. There was a minor hiccup in the last Boom with a side swap and I want to avoid them altogether from now on.

Baby Charlie has added 3/4 pound and is eating very well. I'm a proud granny. I'm not really doing any quilting right now just cutting fabric for another swap I'm in and trying to de-clutter my house a bit but it never seems to end. We're having unseasonably warm weather right now but it's going to be unseasonably cold in a couple of days. Go figure. Hope everyone enjoys their day today. How are you all doing?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 AM

Great news on baby Charlie and excited about next boom. Will have to get busy and cut fabric when I get home from visiting my sister in southern Texas. What fantastic weather here.

Doctor’s have decided I need a breast reduction so I have more airflow around them to fight off the cellulitis and infections. It’s scheduled for Friday March 13. My arm movement will be extremely limited as they will slice and dice all the way to under my arm. Not looking forward to the process or recovery but if it works then it will be worthwhile.

Hope everyone is well and staying warm or cool depending on where you live

Terri
Spoiler

Old 01-16-2020, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I've been missing everybody... Still have not put my latest Boom quilts together. I have so many things to quilt! I guess I let my piecing get way out in front of my quilting.

Terri, I know another surgery and recovery is not what you were looking for, but it will be good when it's over and you stop having these same problems over and over. Tell them to make 'em perky and maybe you won't even need to wear a bra... Bwahhh haaa haaa! Joking aside, wishing all the best for you.

My daughter just sent me some really tempting photos of Ivy, trying to get me to come visit the little bug. She doesn't need to try very hard. Maybe I will get to go next weekend. I've been making crocheted toys for the girls... big amigurumi about 12-14" tall. I have a donkey, otter and gazelle finished so far. So much fun but it does cut into the quilting time.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:04 PM

Terriamn good luck with the ta ta surgery. Hope it helps.
kiss those babies for us Sewbiz and Janice.

Im working a bit for January through March and then plan to do some traveling. I’m making two table topper/wall hanging quilts for an auction for special needs kids. My niece is running it. My great nephew is in this program at the local school. I have a lot of UFOs!
Old 01-21-2020, 01:32 PM

Terriamn, am hoping the surgery solves the problem and improves your quality of life.

I’m back up with Charlie and parents. Baby is noticeably larger and has filled out quite a bit. She’s a beauty. I’m a lucky granny.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-21-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:08 PM

Janice, congratulations! I’m so happy for you! Charlie is a pink, petite princess ! Isn’t it just indescribable those feelings when you hold her and study all her tiny, perfect features? Nothing else compares to this special grandmotherly love!

Soak it up.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:42 PM

Zozee, all you say is true! This coming week they’re coming to visit us for a few days. That’ll certainly shake up our routine. Grandpa hasn’t seen her in person since she was born. Won’t he be surprised at what two extra pounds has done to her. Filled her out nicely. And now she’s so much more alert and her personality is really beginning to shine through. So excited for Monday to come.
Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Janice, congratulations! I’m so happy for you! Charlie is a pink, petite princess ! Isn’t it just indescribable those feelings when you hold her and study all her tiny, perfect features? Nothing else compares to this special grandmotherly love!

Soak it up.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:08 PM

Oh I just love all the grand baby news!

sorry to hear about your needing another surgery Terri, hopefully it will do the trick though.

we are getting ready for a big extended family photo shoot tomorrow. My son from NY has been here the last few weeks and it’s the last Howrah before he goes back on Monday. We are all going to get solo shots too, maybe I’ll end up with something that will work for a new avatar here.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

I went to sees my grandbabies in Memphis this past weekend. Ivy can now whistle (!) and Millie crawls up the staircase. If I'm not there every 3 weeks or so, I miss something. They are learning new things that fast!

We put a bid on a cute house that backs up to Audrey's backyard today. The houses on that nice, quiet street almost never come up for sale. We wanted it bad, but we didn't get it. Someone else outbid us. What a dream come true it would have been to live back to back with my grandbaby.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-28-2020 at 06:10 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-28-2020, 12:49 PM

I haven’t been on the thread much and probably owe you an explanation of my absence. As some of you know I was diagnosed with cancer almost 2years ago. Radical chemo and radiation took care of the cancer but the side effects have been horrendous. The doctors tell me that it seems I have gotten them all, needless to say its been a very long recovery and I’m not done yet. My biggest hurdle right now is the intestinal system. The month of December and January I have been in the hospital twice for a blockage. The Lakeland regional health and Mayo Clinic have not found a remedy as yet I was burned so badly from radiation that it literally shrunk my small intestine and expanded the large one. I go back in the hospital next week for another colonoscopy and an EGD scope, I’m hoping that something will show up and they can fix it.
needless to say it has made every day life quite an adventure to live with.
Those of you that have those prayer lists or thoughts of good vibes list, if you have room, sure would appreciate being added to it. Seems like I can use all the help I can get.