Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better Janice!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good evening, Night Owls! Happy to report I'm feeling much more like myself today. Thank goodness. Still worried but trying to keep a positive outlook. On to your blocks...

My goodness! I think I counted 22 blocks posted here since I last checked. Wow! I planned to comment on most or all of the blocks the group made but there are so many that stand out for me. I'll just say "great job" to all of you and thank you for your creativity and efforts.

Smglover and Terriamn, I'm glad you finally got your blocks. And SMG, it's tough enough to move in general but with little notice, well, it must have been difficult.
Suzisew, the main thing re: aromas if you use products is to keep them light. I also use starch but I do let the blocks breathe before I pack them up. I think that helps.
Juliasb, don't worry about repeating a block pattern. If you think it suits a couple of F8s, then go for it. We do try to avoid duplicating blocks for one person but even that happens. They won't be exact duplicates anyway since fabrics will vary. No worries!
IrishMom, I hope your daughter gets moved in soon. There are months to work on the blocks!

And thank you to those of you who've been assisting our newbies. I'm glad to see several of you stepping up and answering questions while I've been unavailable. I hope to keep better on top of this now. Fingers crossed!

I'm off to add the blocks to the gallery. Have a lovely evening, NO's.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:42 PM

I'm working on Jaba's striped fabric, was carefully measuring the 60' triangles, making sure where they repeated for the best use of the fabric and the design on print and cutting them out when I got to the next to last strip I realized it only had 5 repeats of one of the designs. I knew how many hexies I was going to end up with and even though I didn't have an exact idea of what I was going to do w/ the hexies I still was going to figure out a plan. So as I was sitting there looking at my last uncut strip and my one stack of 5 60' triangles and my other stacks of 6 60' triangles contemplating where I was going from here, I was struck by a lightening bolt idea, even better then I originally thought and using 5 60' triangles for all of them. Now let's see if I can make the visions of my head onto fabric. lol lol lol
Old 08-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Janice so glad you are feeling better. I agree there are so many stand out blocks this boom, I know we say it every time but it really is true the boom blocks get better and better every boom.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:17 PM

Janice glad you are feeling better.

Letsew and Cheesehead love your great blocks
Old 08-18-2019, 05:57 PM

Naturally you have an idea. I’d be sitting staring at it ‘til the cows come home but you will pull out a fabulous block. I have no doubt. Nobody here who knows you has a doubt.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm working on Jaba's striped fabric, was carefully measuring the 60' triangles, making sure where they repeated for the best use of the fabric and the design on print and cutting them out when I got to the next to last strip I realized it only had 5 repeats of one of the designs. I knew how many hexies I was going to end up with and even though I didn't have an exact idea of what I was going to do w/ the hexies I still was going to figure out a plan. So as I was sitting there looking at my last uncut strip and my one stack of 5 60' triangles and my other stacks of 6 60' triangles contemplating where I was going from here, I was struck by a lightening bolt idea, even better then I originally thought and using 5 60' triangles for all of them. Now let's see if I can make the visions of my head onto fabric. lol lol lol
Old 08-18-2019, 06:16 PM

Sewbiz - the block for bibliostone is very striking.

I have finished my first block, one for bibliostone [ATTACH=CONFIG]616282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 7d89f1b6-f132-4f7b-b15c-8c15b0e48fd9.jpeg  
Old 08-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

Smglover, sweet block for B'stone. I got to use that cute fabric several booms ago when she sent it before. Clowns aren't so creepy when they are animals!

I got two done this evening, and that leaves only 3 before I'm totally finished. I'm leaving for Memphis tomorrow to help with some babysitting this week, so my last blocks will have to wait til I get back from grandbaby time!! Woo hoo... bringing the outfits I showed earlier, plus I got each tiny girl a beach towel made. It's a cute mermaid panel sewn to a thick terry cloth, then quilted. During the non-summer months they can use them as bath wraps.

So here is a block for Annt59, called "Cactus Pot":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616283[/ATTACH]

And here's (what else) a big star for Libster, called "Memories":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616284[/ATTACH]
(This photographed a little washed out).
Attached Thumbnails img_5479.jpg   img_5478.jpg  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good evening, Night Owls! Happy to report I'm feeling much more like myself today. Thank goodness. Still worried but trying to keep a positive outlook. On to your blocks...

My goodness! I think I counted 22 blocks posted here since I last checked. Wow! I planned to comment on most or all of the blocks the group made but there are so many that stand out for me. I'll just say "great job" to all of you and thank you for your creativity and efforts.

Smglover and Terriamn, I'm glad you finally got your blocks. And SMG, it's tough enough to move in general but with little notice, well, it must have been difficult.
Suzisew, the main thing re: aromas if you use products is to keep them light. I also use starch but I do let the blocks breathe before I pack them up. I think that helps.
Juliasb, don't worry about repeating a block pattern. If you think it suits a couple of F8s, then go for it. We do try to avoid duplicating blocks for one person but even that happens. They won't be exact duplicates anyway since fabrics will vary. No worries!
IrishMom, I hope your daughter gets moved in soon. There are months to work on the blocks!

And thank you to those of you who've been assisting our newbies. I'm glad to see several of you stepping up and answering questions while I've been unavailable. I hope to keep better on top of this now. Fingers crossed!

I'm off to add the blocks to the gallery. Have a lovely evening, NO's.
So glad to hear you are feeling better.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 AM

I would love to be a fly on the wall in your sewing room, just to see how you form your ideas. I can't wait to see your creation.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Old 08-19-2019, 02:43 AM

Great block, I love the fussy cutting.

Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post
Sewbiz - the block for bibliostone is very striking.

I have finished my first block, one for bibliostone [ATTACH=CONFIG]616282[/ATTACH]