Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful, Hav. Great color picks.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:21 PM

Klaws this is for you[ATTACH=CONFIG]616520[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails klaws.jpg  
Old 08-23-2019, 02:08 AM

Hav4boys, I love my block! It amazes me that this fabric looks so totally different depending on what color is added to it.
Queenbarbiej, I love what you've done for klaws. I have to agree that this Boom has some really spectacular blocks.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:42 AM

Morning, NOs! Been busy around here but I'll get the latest blocks posted shortly. Thank you to those of you who remade blocks to better abide by the color requests. I commend you for your added efforts.

Terriamn, I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather and that two friends have had their hubbies die. Terribly sad. I hope they have lots of friends and family who can support them through this terrible time.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Libster love your latest blocks, they are one of my favorites.
Julia you nailed the wall hanging.
Kass are you feeling better now. Asthma attacks are frightening.
Fighting a sore throat and body aches. Was already feeling challenged, two more of my friends became widows in the last two weeks.
IrishMom, you are welcome. The quilt is a beautiful representation of the dorm's logo. Perfect I'd say. Your daughter appears to have a fine room based on your description! Wow.
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Janice - thanks again for updating the gallery so quickly. It's amazing to see how the blocks start to fit together!

And so many pretty blocks in the past few days. I love them all, but I have to say the jukebox (hav4boys) is inspired!

So, I am tired and worn out today! Moved my daughter back into her dorm on a warm and muggy day. I finished her 3 foot by 3 foot wall hanging in time! Her room has a bowed out set of windows on one side (called a princess room). She has always wanted a window seat, so when she got this room she asked my husband to make one for her. Now, the windows are about 10 feet long, so they compromised. Her 6 foot futon will fit 2/3 of it and he built a window seat for the remaining space! He built shelves inside it for which I made the quilt hanging. She wanted it to be her dorms logo - they are the wildcats. The futon isn't out of storage yet, but the window seat fits perfectly and I am happy with my quilt! I had some fun with my new rulers, I liked how it came out even though I wasn't hitting my points at all! The picture shows the back of her tee shirt with the logo I had to recreate....applique is another technique I've only done two times before so I was very happy with how it came out.
Kassaundra, I'm sorry you had to deal with an asthma attack. It must be very stressful. Take care of yourself. Your block for MJP is wonderful! Congrats.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Imom, you did a great job especially on the wall hanging.
Terri, I am breathing better now and my lungs aren't as tight as they have been most of the day.
I have finished MJP's block. It took every bit of the f8 and the piece of red. I am sorry about the points on the FG, they are not the normal ratio of 1:2 and I thought I could make them w/o fpp but it seems I was wrong. I had made a practice one earlier but altered the center star a little and thought I could compensate on the FG.
Queen, love the bathing suit block!
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
I made this one for Julia last night. I hope this fits into your Florida beachy feel.
Thank you, Libster, for coming to GramE's aid. GramE, I came this close to having to put out that emergency call for fabric. I had a sliver of 3/8 left over and was I ever grateful.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I've got you covered, Pat. PM me your mailing address and I'll put it in the mail in the morning.
Jaba, hope your hubby feels better soon. Love all the blocks you made.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'll let you know tomorrow GramE, haven't done her block yet but I will tomorrow. These are the ones I have done in the last few days, hope they will work for you ladies. Hubby Bill is doing pretty good, just very tired today. Pain not bad yet, hopefully it will stay that way.
This one reminded me of the swirling ocean water when the sun is setting on it and it has so many colors
Beautiful blocks, Libster.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's my two blocks for today. I have another one cut, but the lightning storm just changed my mind about making it today. First one is for Sewbizgirl. Second one is for juliasb. I hope y'all like them.
Queen, another inspired block.
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Klaws this is for you
Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:15 AM

Jaba, thank you for the wonderful block you made me. I love it! All the other blocks are great too. I hope Bill recovers quickly from his surgery.

Libster, Pretty blocks for Sewbizgirl and juliasb.

hav4boys, really pretty blocks for terriamn and libster.

Thank you QBJ for the great block you made me. I love it!
Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 AM

Jaba and Libster you have been busy, love your blocks.

H4B, thank you for my wonderful pastel block

QB. Very fun blocks.

Feeling much better today but hate to tell those of you living in the sweltering heat it is down right chilly here today. Even wearing socks and a fleece sweater.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:34 AM

Here is my before work morning block for Marija. This was a fun one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616526[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails marija.jpg  
Old 08-23-2019, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

I have finished MJP's block. It took every bit of the f8 and the piece of red. I am sorry about the points on the FG, they are not the normal ratio of 1:2 and I thought I could make them w/o fpp but it seems I was wrong. I had made a practice one earlier but altered the center star a little and thought I could compensate on the FG.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616485[/ATTACH]
Kassaundra Thank you for the beautiful block. I have no idea what you are talking about, the block looks perfect to me. Libster, Sewbiz I love the blocks you made for me too. I was worried, my fabric is a little bit boring compared to what I usually send but everyone had done a superb job on the these blocks.

I have been wrestling with quilting a lap quilt. My sit down sweet sixteen broke so I am having to do it on my regular sewing machine. It's taking more time than I'd like.

Julia gave me permission to do a picture block tee hee! I'm excited to start the blocks next week.

I love looking at all the wonderful boom blocks. It's inspiring. Thanks Janice for organizing again.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 08-23-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

The blocks are looking great, ladies. So much fun to see new ones every day.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I have been wrestling with quilting a lap quilt. My sit down sweet sixteen broke so I am having to do it on my regular sewing machine. It's taking more time than I'd like.
MJP I feel your pain! Going from the sit down back to the DM isn't fun! You get spoiled by that sit down.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Feeling much better today but hate to tell those of you living in the sweltering heat it is down right chilly here today. Even wearing socks and a fleece sweater.
Chilly in August? Send some of that my way, please!

I'm still in Memphis babysitting, but trying to check in with you all daily so I don't fall too far behind. I'm heading home later today.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:01 PM

mjp, what happened to your 16? I have 2 of the HQ 16 and my tune up guy has taught me quite a bit about them. Maybe I can help you.
This is my work for today ladies: Sewbizgirl[ATTACH=CONFIG]616534[/ATTACH]
Smglover207[ATTACH=CONFIG]616535[/ATTACH]
and Terriamn[ATTACH=CONFIG]616536[/ATTACH]
Hubby Bill is doing well, I'm surprised that he isn't fighting it more Sometimes he's too active for his own good, just day 2 so we'll see but so far so good. Hope these blocks will work ladies, if not please let me know 'cause they are easy to change now.
Terri this looks a little dark but it is soft like the pink of the trees and has little gold high lights that brings out the golden colors too
Attached Thumbnails dscf4083.jpg   dscf4084.jpg   dscf4085.jpg  

Last edited by jaba; 08-23-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add to text