Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1602

Thread: Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Cool quilt, Kass! The decorative stitching mimics the ribbon border around the center... I'm sure your nephew (?) will love it.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Iím in NY with my 87 year old Mom. My sisters moved her to assisted living. Of course she really had to pare down what she brought over. Look whatís on her bed! The boom quilt. They decorated the bed around the quilt!
    i am here with DH, daughter from Omaha, and son from Pittsburgh to clear out her independent living apartment. I hope we can get it done quickly.

Name:  41F57179-B2B4-4ECE-B644-8AF053C71211.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  67.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
    I’m in NY with my 87 year old Mom. My sisters moved her to assisted living. Of course she really had to pare down what she brought over. Look what’s on her bed! The boom quilt. They decorated the bed around the quilt!
    i am here with DH, daughter from Omaha, and son from Pittsburgh to clear out her independent living apartment. I hope we can get it done quickly.

Name:  41F57179-B2B4-4ECE-B644-8AF053C71211.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  67.3 KB

So sweet that our quilt gave her that much pleasure that she wanted it with her. Thanks for sharing! I hope she adjusts to her new home and is happy there.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Name:  C1B91EDC-553E-4D85-9198-BD214A9559D5.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  59.9 KB?Should I keep this? Singer featherweight from the 1950 s. My husband thinks I could bring it camping and make boom blocks with it. Since many of my blocks are applique I donít know if it would work. No zig zag. Can you use a FMQ foot on this? Iíll post to the vintage machine group too.
    Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 11-07-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Can you lower the feed dogs on this machine? I not I have a machine that if you put the stitch length to zero and release the pressure foot pressure I can free motion with it using the regular foot. Give that a shot to see if it will work. I would love a feather weight. My husband says the four machines I have now is more than enough.

Blog Entries
    Pretty blocks SuziSew and lovely quilts by Janice and Kass. Wednesday's block was made for PamelaOry. I've been waiting for a block that needed a lot of colors to make it. Probably won't make it again. It is called Freedom Block #45, but the site I got it from also called it Rainbow Block.

Name:  pamelaoryS.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  42.1 KB
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Pretty block Bibliostone. I like how the colors twists around.

Oooh, that's pretty Bibliostone. Was it fussy getting all the colors to align properly? You did a great job of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
    Pretty blocks SuziSew and lovely quilts by Janice and Kass. Wednesday's block was made for PamelaOry. I've been waiting for a block that needed a lot of colors to make it. Probably won't make it again. It is called Freedom Block #45, but the site I got it from also called it Rainbow Block.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Oooh, that's pretty Bibliostone. Was it fussy getting all the colors to align properly? You did a great job of it.
    Well, I thought I had figured out the middle doing flip corners, but I ended up redoing it as paper piecing. The template did come with the design so I guess I should have used it to begin with. Luckily I had a big enough piece of the fabric left so I could redo it. I still ended up basting that part of the seam together to make sure the triangles aligned before I sewed it together.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Boom Biz

Quick update on blocks received...I've gotten all packages but 5. Of those 2 are confirmed in the mail and should arrive today and tomorrow. That means we're down to only three more. Getting close! Those of you who haven't shipped, please do so by the beginning of next week at the latest so that your work arrives no later than Thursday, November 14. Thank you!

Also, for those who haven't yet shipped, please make sure your name and the block owner's name is clearly visible on every single package! I've gotten several sets of F8s and blocks this round without the info and I've had to stop and label them. Please help me out by labeling!

The basting worked well. Nice!
    Well, I thought I had figured out the middle doing flip corners, but I ended up redoing it as paper piecing. The template did come with the design so I guess I should have used it to begin with. Luckily I had a big enough piece of the fabric left so I could redo it. I still ended up basting that part of the seam together to make sure the triangles aligned before I sewed it together.

Blog Entries
    Wow! I love it, thanks Bibliostone. I really like the colors and the star. I’ve never seen this one before. Boy....this gets me excited about this quilt!

Name:  pamelaoryS.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  42.1 KB
    ďBe the change you wish to see in the world.Ē
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Beautiful star for PamO, Bibliostone!

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Quick update on blocks received...I've gotten all packages but 5. Of those 2 are confirmed in the mail and should arrive today and tomorrow. That means we're down to only three more. Getting close! Those of you who haven't shipped, please do so by the beginning of next week at the latest so that your work arrives no later than Thursday, November 14. Thank you!

Also, for those who haven't yet shipped, please make sure your name and the block owner's name is clearly visible on every single package! I've gotten several sets of F8s and blocks this round without the info and I've had to stop and label them. Please help me out by labeling!
    Janice, the plan is to drop them off in the mail tomorrow (Friday) on my way to retreat.
    Sue

SuziSew, I am going on a retreat also but not leaving till Monday.

Biblistone very soft and pretty block for Pamela

MJP, doesn’t it make your heart beat faster to see one of your quilts being loved.

Blog Entries
    Sue your blocks a beautiful!

Excellent, SuziSew. Please remember to send me your tracking info. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
    Janice, the plan is to drop them off in the mail tomorrow (Friday) on my way to retreat.

Monday is Veteran's Day so there is no mail service. Shippers, please plan accordingly. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Finished up my blocks and made it to the post office before it closed today. Just sent Janice my tracking number. Pictures coming soon.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Woo hoo! Getting close to finishing the swap.
    Finished up my blocks and made it to the post office before it closed today. Just sent Janice my tracking number. Pictures coming soon.

Blog Entries
    My last three blocks. The first is called Soldier's Star and it is for Libster.
    Name:  libster.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  68.8 KB

Next is a Merry-Go-Round for Marija.

Name:  marija.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  58.6 KB

And finally a variation of Squares and Stars for MJPEncinitas. I hope it does not have too much red; I only used the piece you sent.
    Name:  mjpencinitas.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  64.0 KB
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Thanks, Bibliostone. Love my star.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I’ve had my last block for Marija done for a week, and my retry at one for Kass for a few days, but then stuff happened in between sewing and posting.

Kass, this came out different in my head, I had envisioned something like the Star Frame block that Bibliostone made.

Name:  E16FD79A-181D-4143-894B-74C3205CAD52.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  9A0C4BC6-60C9-45C4-877E-7D1C3BF3A9EF.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  53.8 KB

Great blocks, Smglover. Love the batiks you used.

Thanks I love my block, the batiks are beautiful and churned dash is a nice block too.

It looks like a pool of water surrounded by green lawn then terra cotta pavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post
    I’ve had my last block for Marija done for a week, and my retry at one for Kass for a few days, but then stuff happened in between sewing and posting.

Kass, this came out different in my head, I had envisioned something like the Star Frame block that Bibliostone made.

Name:  E16FD79A-181D-4143-894B-74C3205CAD52.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  9A0C4BC6-60C9-45C4-877E-7D1C3BF3A9EF.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  53.8 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 61 62 63 ... LastLast