Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 08-22-2020, 09:24 AM

Beautiful, both of them.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:35 AM

TG, amazing finish to your quilt. Hard to imagine 20 blocks from 20 different seamstresses look so coordinated!
Old 08-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Beautiful, both of them.
I forgot to say, Janice!

I’m still confounded by the new layout. Can’t seem to Post anything. But I confess to not practicing.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:34 PM

Default GramE and Boom 25

GramE, lovely to hear from you. Hope all is well and that you are having as easy a time with life as 2020 will provide. What a year so far! Sheesh. Thank you for the compliments. I'm only about 1/6 of the way done with the binding. It's not going smoothly this time. Months ago I fractured a bone in my pinkie and it hurts all the time. Amazing how something so small can be so annoying when it comes to hand work. BTW, you aren't the only one with issues with this new format. I don't like it much but I've become accustomed to most of it now. It's not so bad, just not the same as before.

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I forgot to say, Janice. I’m still confounded by the new layout. Can’t seem to Post anything. But I confess to not practicing.

Boom 25 info...

It looks like I'll post sign-ups about 8/24. I'll post for 2 and 3 month groups but if there aren't enough people, we can combine as we did the last time. Sign-ups will last about 10 days and then you can begin mailing me your F8s once the groups are established, probably about Labor Day. I anticipate a two month group's blocks will be due to me on 11/12 and the 3 month group's blocks will be due 12/10. The dates are a bit wonky as I've got to work around a few dates but with this schedule, you'll have your completed blocks back to you no later than mid-December. I hope this will work for those of you interested. I'll post here in a few days with the link.

Have a pleasant evening!
Old 08-22-2020, 08:07 PM

Here is the top for the beer fabric. Early in the year, the rod in my sewing room closet collapsed. This rod is 8.5 feet long and we have been in this house for over 40 years so that closet had a lot of stuff hanging and on the shelf at the top. While removing everything, I found some fabric sewn into strips that was left from the first baby quilt I ever made. Following directions in a magazine, I sewed my first 1/4 in. seams. The quilt was tied, not quilted. When done, my husband took it to the laundromat to wash and it completely fell apart as it was made of flannel and my seams were pretty awful. So I just took all the rest of the strips and packed them away. Well, I decided to do something. Sewed all the seems flat and cut them into 3 inch squares and put them together in a split rail pattern. It will be quilted diagonally, vertically and horizontally and hopefully will hold together this time.
Beer top and Flannel quilt
Attached Thumbnails 2020-brian-xmas.jpg   2020-baby-old-fabric.jpg  
Old 08-23-2020, 06:32 AM

great job Bibliostone - Glad you could resurrect the quilt and make something new. The beer boom quilt is great - those colors sure do play well together.
GramE - miss you girl. Hoping your grandsons are safe and we will be hearing from you more often. Maybe another boom?
Janice - thank you - have my material set aside and waiting for your "go"
Old 08-23-2020, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Those both look great, B'stone! I think we all learn the lesson of not washing an unquilted top, one way or the other. Flannel is especially bad for pulling apart. It looks nice now, tho. Beer quilt came out great. Done just in time for a new Boom.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:32 AM

Love the Beer quilt B'stone!

What is the name for the next Boom?
Old 08-24-2020, 05:47 AM

Default Boom 25 Sign-ups Open!

Check it out! Thank you!
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4
Old 08-26-2020, 04:10 AM

The picture is taken against my design board so the binding doesn’t show up well but the Boom 24 quilt is done. Yay! It’s not perfect by any means but I really like it. It’s off to the gentle cycle of the washer this morning. My DDIL saw it on a FaceTime chat and she thought it was beautiful. Guess who might just be the recipient.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely blocks!
Attached Thumbnails 1e9d4205-6aff-4e9d-85ab-8e7a58266562.jpeg