Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-13-2020, 05:10 AM

Sewbiz and Queenbarbie, thank you so much for my blocks they are both great!!

Spent last evening sorting and picking out coordinating fabrics but I think I'm going to need to pick up some yellows, greens and purples. First have to go through the bags that I got from my step mom. She's de-stashing and I get my pick!! my kind of shopping!
Old 03-13-2020, 07:05 AM

Am pleased you love the fabrics. There's a nice selection. DH and I don't really have any underlying issues with regard to the virus, but we've opted for caution and are keeping a bit more to home and actually cancelled a trip to visit our son in Kansas as it would involve flying. We'll reschedule in a few months as things, hopefully, improve. Better safe than sorry for sure!
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Received my package yesterday...all 19. I love all the different fabric. I spent a lot of time trying to match colors and picking out patterns. I need to do a little shopping today but when I come home I will start sewing. I will probably be staying inside for quite awhile with the threat of this virus. With my COPD and other lung problems, I can't take the chance of getting sick. I would surely end up in the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry.
I love all the blocks posted so far. We are a very talented group!
Old 03-13-2020, 07:06 AM

I came home from the hospital yesterday and am on the mend the gallbladder surgery went as it was suppose to. They only kept me because of my bleeding disorder. I can resume normal activity as long as I don't lift anything heavier than my shoes. I need to wait a few more days before I can start on my blocks. I can't be pulling and tugging on fabrics that are in my stash right now. I am still pretty sore and being sensible right now is most important. I haven't even opened the package that arrived in the mail. Not even sure when it arrived as no mail was bought in from Tuesday until last night. Give me a few days and I should be able to get on the ball and I can hardly wait for that day! Now back to bed to get some much needed rest.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:42 AM

JulieB - so glad you are home and safe. Hospitals scare me - so many germs. I am always nervous about bringing something home! But looks like you know how to take care of yourself. It is truly necessay.
Got my first block done - its called Duck and Ducklings for Queenbarbiej. Her fabric just needed to be shown off and had to go thru a number of patterns to make sure I had enough to fussy cut.

Last night I picked out bright colors for Julie - and they are orange too!! Will be a fun quilt!
Attached Thumbnails queenbarbiej.jpg  
Old 03-13-2020, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Janice, yes... I did get off to a fast start. My kids are coming tonight and I was procrastinating on doing the housework to get ready! Now today I have the piper to pay. Must clean, shop and cook!

Yes, I got out the Angleplay templates for a few of the blocks. (They are always confusing!) Some of the fabrics just wanted to be something modern, and that's Angleplay, for sure.

Bugaroo, I'm happy you like the snowflake and that you think the green is ok. It isn't an easy green to find!

I am lucky that I have so many fabrics to choose from, I never need to go shopping for a Boom block. People in my quilt group give me their unwanteds, so I have a lot of variety.

Klaws, you are exactly the type of person who should stay in during the outbreak. Enjoy your sewing... and how is your new kitty? Is that a Maine Coon cat?

Terri, hope all is going perfectly with your surgery. We look forward to hearing from you once its over and you are feeling better. You are going to be a new woman!
Old 03-13-2020, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Got my first block done - its called Duck and Ducklings for Queenbarbiej. Her fabric just needed to be shown off and had to go thru a number of patterns to make sure I had enough to fussy cut.
I love this block! The flowers look great fussy cut.

Julia, good to hear from you. Glad the surgery went well and is behind you. Now to rest and recover.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 AM

Juliasb, so glad you are home. Don’t rush on the blocks; make sure you’re healed enough. You have almost 3 months.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:27 PM

Pretty block for Queenbarbiej, TG.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
...Got my first block done - its called Duck and Ducklings for Queenbarbiej. Her fabric just needed to be shown off and had to go thru a number of patterns to make sure I had enough to fussy cut.

Last night I picked out bright colors for Julie - and they are orange too!! Will be a fun quilt!
Old 03-13-2020, 08:46 PM

Thanks travelinggramma for a lovely block. I made blocks for Terri and Annt59.
Attached Thumbnails annt59.jpg   terriamn.jpg  
Old 03-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Power Poster

Great blocks, Barbie! Good color matching. Love the one for Terri.