Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-18-2020, 04:48 AM

Loving all the block pictures!

Bugaroo, that small print could be mine. I sent everyone a different small print though. I do like you do, take the pictures and then take my camera off to my computer and often I don't recall which picture goes to which swapper. But I'm very careful to keep them correct with the bags.

I have four blocks complete, but the batteries in my camera needed to be recharged and I've not put them back in yet. I have two pair of pants to hem, and I got my serger threaded this morning and it's working fine. I need to get brave enough to make sure the embroidery machine survived the move, and still don't have the LA fully set up. But I'm making progress!

Old 03-18-2020, 05:04 AM

Just peeking in to say hello and comment that these blocks rock! I was so bummed to have to sit out this time and now, with all my calendar activities crossed off, I am even more bummed! Good news is I should be able to finish boom 23 soon -- being sick two weeks in December certainly derailed me and my original plans. Stay healthy everyone!
Old 03-18-2020, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for my block, LAF.... can see you are having fun with the the fabrics!

Last night I picked out some block patterns to go with some fabrics. Today I will start sewing.

QuiltingLawyer, some places of employ are taking real good care of their workers... and others are not. If you feel your court situation puts you at risk, you may need to take matters in your own hands and ask for postponements of court days. I'm sure you will feel less anxious if you can stay in at home and wait this out a bit.

I was waiting for my boss to offer me some measure of safety, or to hopefully just close the doors for a few weeks (I work at a gym!). But when that didn't happen, I told them to cancel my classes for now because I wasn't coming in. Most of our gym members weren't coming in now, anyway. I feel safer at home, for sure, where I don't have to worry about what I am touching all the time.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:52 AM

I have managed to get 3 more blocks done and ready to keep working on at least 1 more today. I am feeling better on my feet today. I have blocks for hav4boys, travelinggramma, and marija. I have been having fun matching colors and prints for these blocks. So far I am doing the same block for these individuals. This will change up in the future.

Attached Thumbnails hav4boys.jpg   marija.jpg   travelinggramma.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 09:04 AM

Irish Mom, If you wish, you could do some side swaps. Just post your interest and maybe someone, or a few folks, might take you up on your offer.

No sun today but no rain yet either. I’m on the deck with the pups and my hedge of tea olives are scenting the air. So lovely!
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Just peeking in to say hello and comment that these blocks rock! I was so bummed to have to sit out this time and now, with all my calendar activities crossed off, I am even more bummed! Good news is I should be able to finish boom 23 soon -- being sick two weeks in December certainly derailed me and my original plans. Stay healthy everyone!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM

I managed to finish one more today and I believe this will be my last one for the day since it is time to spend the rest of my day with DH and that includes making some dinner. Tonight is left overs.
Christyj80590 the extra fabric you sent was great! I used both of your fabrics to make this block and no mistaking it will be just the colors you want. Thank you for your service.
Attached Thumbnails christyj80590.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 11:54 AM

Bugaboo, thank you so much for my block it looks amazing!
Old 03-18-2020, 12:28 PM

I have a couple blocks done but I have to figure out how to attach them.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:32 PM

I think I figured it out. The first one is for Travelinggramma and the second is for Janice. I hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails travelinggramma.jpg   janice.jpg  
Old 03-18-2020, 12:33 PM

Klaws when you post a reply click on the go advance button. On the next screen it will show a paper clip next to the smiley face. Click on it. It will take you to the attach files page. You can make the screen larger to see all of it. Put in the file you want to upload and click to submit at the right.

Edit: Looks like you figure it out as I was typing this. Lovely blocks!