Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
G

Annt59, great blocks. Love the orange and black/white for Julia. Good to hear from you Christyj. Keep checking in with us when you can. Juliasb, it's good of you to make the masks.

We got the "stay home" order yesterday until mid-April. We've been doing it anyway but now the county commissioners have ordered it. I'm down at the cabin - very much away from everyone - but I'll be home tomorrow. I'll have time to work on my blocks. I think I have enough fabrics in the stash to finish out the blocks I have left. The LQS and other non-essential (huh? LQS non-essential???) businesses are ordered closed so I've got to make do.

Take care everyone.
I have made more than 150 mask so far and have to wait until more elastic gets here which will be in a couple days. As I said I have all my blocks done now and ready to send back to Janice when the time comes. It helped that we have been on lock down since early March. It has now been extended to April 30th. I have a feeling it will be even longer when the time gets nearer. I just cancelled a trunk show and workshop I had scheduled for out quilt guild for May and June. We are one of the Hot Spots for the COVID-19. Yesterday we had 208 death and another 1300+ new cases in our area. So I stay inside. If someone comes to the door to drop groceries or pick up something it is mask and glove for both of us. The total isolation is not as bad for Jerry and I since we are use to being somewhat housebound. I am sewing and quilting up a storm right now. It feels good to check in with all the boomers.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Wow, I just browsed through the gallery. So many wonderful blocks that I somehow missed when they were posted here. Thanks for all the ones I saw that were for me. I've finally started and my first block is for Christyj:
I love this block, B’stone! Do you have instructions for it?
Old 04-11-2020, 08:19 AM

Julia, wonderful on the masks, I am no where near that amount but continuing to make them for friends and family. Stay safe

Minneapolis isn’t a hot spot yet but it is still darn right crazy and scary here
Old 04-11-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Julia, wonderful on the masks, I am no where near that amount but continuing to make them for friends and family. Stay safe

Minneapolis isn’t a hot spot yet but it is still darn right crazy and scary here
I just cut the fabric for another 32 mask I will get as much done on them as I wait for the elastic to get here. I know there is a need. If friends and family need them that is good. If their friends/families need them that too is good. What is left after that go to my dr. who gives them to patients that have suppressed or auto immune diseases like me.They all get used With this group I will get closer to 200 mask! After this I will only need another 15 to be at 200.

One other question, not related to making mask. What is the link to the gallery? I can't seem to find it.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:22 AM

Juliasb, the link to the gallery is always in my signature below. It's boomerangswaps.weebly.com. It's good of you to make so many masks.

Boomers, you can send me your blocks whenever you are ready but please let me know a couple of days before you ship so I can be looking for them. Block packages are not packages I want to come as a surprise. I try to be at the mailbox when they are delivered so they don't end up in someone else's mailbox, an event that happens all too frequently, due in part to a new'ish carrier. I cannot tell you the number of times the priority packages have gone to an address with the same street number as mine but different street name. I end up having to chase down the carrier or start circling the neighborhood myself, ringing doorbells.

Last edited by Janice McC; 04-11-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Can't believe we haven't had a single post here all day... so let me say Happy Easter! to all of you. Hope you are all enjoying your holiday at home.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:38 PM

Thank you LAF - love your last block.
Here are my two last blocks. MacyBaby and Suzisew.
We had a nice quiet Easter. Watched online. Not the same. Talked on phone and played catch up with others who were missing the family gathering. Normally I don't make too many calls on Easter Day - but this year everyone was home!
Attached Thumbnails macybabyy.jpg   suziseww.jpg  
Old 04-12-2020, 07:15 PM

TG - I like your fun arrows!
Old 04-12-2020, 09:47 PM

TG fun blocks,

Happy Easter to all. It was fun to see two of my DD’s making my usual Easter dinner for their families. We all chatted yesterday and just texted today.

We had 5” of snow today. Rather shocking but much better then the storms some of the states had.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:50 AM

I hope everyone had a great Easter. We got 8 inches of snow yesterday. My daughter and I have been making masks with ties as that was the pattern that the group I joined requested. We have made about 75 masks so far most of them when to family, friends and my department at work. We will be donation from now on, hope to donate about 100.
I have 4 more masks to make for a friend's family then I will start back on the blocks.