Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 05-08-2020, 10:04 PM

One more done. It is for Travelinggramma.
Attached Thumbnails travelinggramma.jpg  
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM

MonaG and Bibliostone - love my blocks. Everyone has really seen my vision and I have plans on how I will set them. Trying not to get ahead of myself and actually sew the sashing now!!
Janice - I forgot to take pictures and the ones sent to me are videos and don't repeat well. Here is where I found the inspirations: https://deannasstuff.blogspot.com/20...-and-semi.html
But google twirly girl dress and there are plenty with tshirt and material sewn on.

Well I have opened up a can on worms! I have been cleaning out and sorting out my stash and came across a dozen QAYG string blocks and many many orphan oops blocks. Soo I am biting the bullet and working on completing them. I have a few drawers where anything under a Fat Quarter go. So I started with that and cut up strips. Wow - many memories of boom blocks. Brought many smiles to my face. Fortunately I had used white as backing to the strips and found similar white and then I had a stash of pieces of batting which I ironed and sewed into 10" squares. This will surely be a scrappy quilt. I feel so good not to be throwing it all away. This is what quarantine does to me!!
Have a beautiful day!
Old 05-09-2020, 07:39 AM

PS - for the newbies - my avatar is one of the boom swaps. I sent out one different color to each requesting to make a block reading that color - didn't everyone do great!!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:44 AM

Happy Mother’s Dat to all. We didn’t get snow last night that started out my Mother’s Day with a big smile
Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 AM

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Old 05-10-2020, 05:34 AM

Happy Mom's Day!

It did get down to about 30 last night, but since the rain stopped early, no chance for white stuff! that would have been a real drag!

I've got my veggies uncovered and the flowers that haven't been planted yet out of the shed. I'm hoping to get many of them into the ground today, but will wait a few more hours before starting up the power equipment.

That is one disadvantage I'd not though about when we moved. I like to get up early and get outside to work. That is not a problem when the nearest neighbor is a mile away! Not the same here in town and I doubt my neighbors would appreciate me running the rototiller early on Sunday morning.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers here!

I'm going back to work tomorrow. My gym is opening up so I'll be there to teach my classes. I feel so out of practice!

Old 05-10-2020, 09:56 AM

For those that didn't get snow, we did! not t hat much but about what we had for Christmas. It is suppose to warm up though and now it is raining. I can't wait to begin my garden. Right now it is a pile of weeds :-(. Happy Mother's day to all of you. Have a quilty day.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Snow in May... just amazing. We had a cool night, but it was a lovely 60 degrees when I got out today.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:17 PM

Todays block is for sewbizgirl. It is called Castle in the Air.

Attached Thumbnails sewbizgirl.jpg