Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 05-20-2020, 03:59 PM

macybaby - That does sound like it will be fun to play with!
Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 AM

Macy I’m thinking 500 is a good number also but will make more to use the T shirt strips that are already cut. My church requested 40 but am at 50 now and still need to make a few larger men sizes and about 10 kids masks. It’s nice to see a bit of a dent in the stash. Trying to decide if I should bring a bunch to lake to work on. Would give me something to do if it rains as much as predicted but so much easier to work on them at home.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:24 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Quick reminder that all completed blocks must be in my hands three weeks from today, June 11. Also, please be aware that USPS Priority shipping is taking at least an extra day. 2 day is turning out to be three and four days so keep that in mind when you are ready to ship. Thanks!

Today, I'm waiting for the veterinarian to call me about my cat. Seems he may have a severe case of asthma. She's holding off until the radiologist can double check the cat's X-rays because there's a slim chance it's his heart. Poor guy! I should know later today. And I'm off to give blood this afternoon. I've stalled going but I'll be masked up and the phlebotomist will likely be in full protective gear. We'll see how that goes. First time I've been nervous giving blood in years.

Have a good day!
Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Today, I'm waiting for the veterinarian to call me about my cat. Seems he may have a severe case of asthma. She's holding off until the radiologist can double check the cat's X-rays because there's a slim chance it's his heart. Poor guy! I should know later today. And I'm off to give blood this afternoon. I've stalled going but I'll be masked up and the phlebotomist will likely be in full protective gear. We'll see how that goes. First time I've been nervous giving blood in years.

Have a good day!
Thank you for giving blood. I need to receive blood products every month because I have a bleeding disorder. By the time I get to my monthly infusion date I am pretty worn out. That was yesterday. Today I am feeling better already. I personally cannot thank you enough for your donation. I have had to have many transfusions over my lifetime. I would not be alive today without you and many others. I should be even more perky by tomorrow all because of my infusion. Thank you again.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:23 AM

I thought I would share what I've been doing while waiting for the boom blocks to come back.
I finished the binding on the tan one about a week ago.

I am currently working on the fall colors quilt in between making masks. I started this one about 3 or 4 years ago, it will be nice to finally get it finished and I think I have someone interested in purchasing it.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Memorial Day weekend, the 26th will be our 30th Wedding anniversary. I hope we can celebrate sometime this year with a small trip.

Attached Thumbnails finished-top.jpg   wip-2020.jpg  
Old 05-21-2020, 12:52 PM

Finally! Here are my last 4 blocks. They are for Bugaroo, QueenBarbieJ, MarciaLee and Juliasb. I hope you all like them.
Janice, I plan on mailing my package tomorrow so that you can receive it sometime mid-week. There will be no mail on Monday.

Attached Thumbnails bugaroo.jpg   queenbarbiej.jpg   marcialee.jpg   juliasb.jpg  
Old 05-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

Those will be pretty quilts, MonaG. Klaws, your blocks were lovely. Congrats on finishing up! Janice, hope all turns out well with your kitty.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:41 PM

Klaws, beautiful blocks and thanks for the heads up about your shipping. That'll work just fine!

Mona G, your quilts are terrific! You do lovely work.

Juliasb, well, the tech wasn't so good so he couldn't get the blood at all. I have one heck of a bruise but can go back next week and try again with someone a bit better. I was disappointed.

SBG, Cyrano the cat does have a very bad case of asthma. He's now on a course of steroids. How much fun it is to dose a cat - not. In any case, he's had his first pill and he'll start feeling better in a day or two.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:04 PM

This block is a variation of Little Blossom. I did not intend it to be a variation, but after cutting the material--trice--incorrectly, I had to do something with what I had. I think it came out OK. Hope it works with your other blocks. This is for Juliasb.

Attached Thumbnails juliasb.jpg  
Old 05-21-2020, 08:00 PM

Thank you Klaws for the lovely block.