Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 05-14-2020, 07:22 AM

Biblistone love your bright block, looks like the Flowers are bathed in sunshine.

Macybaby everyone of the secrets you made sound fantastic. I saw a recipe for peach dump cake that I would like to try.

Have made about 300 to 350 masks so far with lots more cut out. Can’t make them factory style by chain piecing them in large numbers or my neck and shoulders scream in protest. Now I make 5 at a time, getting up to iron them etc and no strain on the body. My goal is 500.

Beautiful sunny day here, hope to go out and play in the garden
Old 05-14-2020, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Have made about 300 to 350 masks so far with lots more cut out. Can’t make them factory style by chain piecing them in large numbers or my neck and shoulders scream in protest. Now I make 5 at a time, getting up to iron them etc and no strain on the body. My goal is 500.

Beautiful sunny day here, hope to go out and play in the garden

I have now reached 300 mask and more cut out sitting next to the sewing machine ready to be stitched together. It seems the orders never end. Especially with the Michigan stay at home order. It includes that everyone MUST wear a mask when in public.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-14-2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: fix quote formatting
Old 05-14-2020, 08:56 AM

It's funny in that I've sent several boxes of masks to GA (Janice's state) for DS and DD, and MN (Terri's state) for other family. My DD told me she gave one to her mail carrier - so they are getting around. I'd love that it turns out they aren't needed, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

I figure what I've done so far is about the equivalent of two king size quilts. I've almost used up all the flannel I had on hand (glad to see it go after 16 years of sitting around) but could make masks the rest of my life and not run out of quilting cotton!

I'm just hoping I'm not picking up bad habits. No worry about an accurate "scant 1/4" seam, just put the fabric under the foot and pedal down!

I was feeling a bit down about making masks this AM, and then I got emails from two people that recently received them thanking me and saying how nice they are - so that really helps to get the motivation to keep on doing it. Over half of what I've made had been given to my employer and handed out to co-workers.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:51 AM

Macybaby, I feel the same. I've taken a couple days off from making masks and trying to finish some UFO's. Then my niece emailed me last night saying she could use some since she is able to go back to work ( hairdresser) so I guess I'll switch back to masks in a couple of days.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:55 AM

I made a few masks for my DS and DGD. I've been working on the blocks. I have 4 done and 4 more to go. These are for Christy, Hav4boys, Bibliostone and Marija. Hav4boys, I should have used a darker color for the star points. It is a light yellow and kind of blends into the background. I hope it will be okay. I hope everyone likes their block.
Attached Thumbnails christyj80590.jpg   hav4boys.jpg   bibliostone.jpg   marija.jpg  
Old 05-14-2020, 11:28 AM

Klaws what a beautifully delicious looking cake! Enjoy. Glad everyone had a wonderful mothers day. I'm high risk and the kids are out of state, so they face timed a couple of times during the day. Was nice but I miss them so.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:50 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Hope everyone had a good night's sleep so your ready for a fabulous Friday. The weekend is almost here, not that it makes much difference to DH and me as all the days seem to be much the same as the ones before. To pass the time this morning, I'm watching Star Trek Beyond and will finish up my few masks once I put Klaws' beautiful blocks in the gallery. Klaws, you are on a roll!

I'm off. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:33 PM

I don't know a name for this block, but it is for marija. Hope it plays well with your other blocks.

Attached Thumbnails marija.jpg  
Old 05-16-2020, 03:28 AM

Default Hello

Hi everyone, Just getting caught up on life and work. Our Operating Room has ramped back up. House is almost ready to put on the market. The only room not getting staged is my sewing Room, lol. There will be a sign on the door to not disturb creativity...Its a mess in there, lol. Be safe. All of the blocks look !! Thank you for all the masks ya all are making too.

Happy Stitching all, Christy

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2020 at 03:41 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-16-2020, 05:02 AM

Christy, I love the "Do not disturb creativity"! I think I'm make a small wall hanging with that embroidered it for my sewing studio. Hard to believe we've been here almost 5 months!

Turns out I'll be making even more masks. One of my sisters texted and asked if I could send more masks for family. Most of my relatives live pretty close to each other, so I can mail them all to one and they'll get handed out. Don't remember how may I could fit in a medium flat rate box, but this time I'm going to send a couple of jars of pepper jelly since who knows when I'll be able to visit in person.