Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-09-2020, 01:41 PM

GramE -- welcome to the new grandbaby!!!
Old 09-09-2020, 01:41 PM

some fun fabric coming up. And I can see applique on the USA fabric - oh the thoughts that are going thru my head. And I have begun to love black and white with a dash!
Today was beautiful with temperature drop to 70's. My prayers for those who went from 90 to a foot of snow - amazing things. With all the news on covid and riots I haven't seen anything else - like the cleanup of the hurricane or the men/women over seas fighting. So sad that those things are put aside. This group keeps me up to date on local weather across the country though
Old 09-09-2020, 01:42 PM

You all have some amazing fabric choices in here, too.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Terri, I've been collecting black and whites, too. I just used 4 different ones on that Round Robin round I did.
TG, my husband's uncle is still with us. His place in DeRidder LA was without power for weeks after the storm. They are just getting power back to his house now. They have had to change out whole power poles that got snapped or destroyed by trees falling on them. He will be going home soon and I'm sure it will look like a different place.

I had cut an extra F8, so made this block to go with the others when they come back to me. This is one of the "mosaics" and the most full of diagonal seaming! It's a nightmare to make and have come out the right size.

Attached Thumbnails img_0539.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 03:51 PM

Sewbiz, it is beautiful! Love it! What do you mean by "mosaics"? Is it just the color and white that makes it a mosaic or have you found a new block production site? I love that I have time to play in the Boom again even if it isn't the 3 month group. It is good to see your work more regularly than what has been possible for the last couple years.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:13 PM

sewbiz, great block for kicking things off! I cut an extra too, so I will make something up this weekend with mine
Hav, there could be so much fun sutff with your state fabric!
loving everything I am seeing and getting super excited.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:30 PM

Wow! Cool fabric. I love the variety we have.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Ibex, I love to see your work too!

There are several blocks called mosaic, and they are usually numbered because there are so many. The one I did was Mosaic #11. That one, and Mosaic #12 are both found in the first Around the Block book by Judy Hopkins. In the second book, Around the Block Again, you find mosaic, mosaic #3, mosaic #10, #19, #21 and 22. Mosaic #8 is found in Once More Around the Block. There is nothing special about them, they just look like basic pieced blocks.

There are 4 more mosaic blocks on Quilter's Cache, as well as a mosaic star and a mosaic rose.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:49 AM

Good morning, Flurries. No flurries here, just a nice morning to enjoy with coffee out on the deck.

Annt59, what a beautiful fabric. SBG, pretty mosaic block. Hav, your state fabric has me stumped at the moment. Am curious what everyone will come up with.

DS #2 is coming through town today on his way to see his brother and family in NC. We'll have a couple of hours with him and his GF and then they'll come back to us on Sunday for brunch before heading to the ATL airport. A short, but sweet, visit. He lives in KS so we don't get to see him often.

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:05 AM

Annt I Love paisley, lots of fun colors

HAV, you have my mind racing on ideas for your fabric

Sewbiz what sweet fabric in your mosaic block. Love the block, it’s a real challenge to get everything lined up and finish the right size.

No snow here but there is a frost advisory. Dh covered my plants at the lake, there are two or three I want to take to Texas with me. Sure hope they make it, can’t complain with all the nasty weather across the country.