Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-10-2020, 06:09 AM

Default Previous boom blocks

this may be way too much work but could you post those previous Terriamn white and black boom blocks Janice? Does anyone remember which boom it is? No worries if this is way too time consuming. We ‘ll soon have lots to look at.
QUOTE=terriamn;8416637]Sewbiz I have been collecting black and whites for ages. Some are older prints and some are new

these blocks will be combined with a past boom. Requesting if you receive a white background print to Add a black and white print with a black background and a splash of tone on tone Bright blue. Sending a swatch Of blue for reference. If you receive a black background print then add a white and black print with a white background and a splash of the bright blue. Previous boom blocks were the same except with a splash of yellow. The blue and yellow should play well together.

Dh walked me through the paper jam and I’m back on track ( we have a large industrial type printer )[/QUOTE]
Old 09-10-2020, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

I had cut an extra F8, so made this block to go with the others when they come back to me. This is one of the "mosaics" and the most full of diagonal seaming! It's a nightmare to make and have come out the right size.
what a sweet block Sewbiz. I’m pretty sure I have one of those block books. I bought one on your recommendation. I use it for booms. I’ll have to take a look. Maybe this got answered already but why is this called a mosaic block? Or is it obvious and I missed it.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:35 AM

Happy Thursday everyone!

Just came back from a two week trip to Colorado in the Denver area to visit relatives. We lucked out that the day we arrive it was raining and rained all night - it helped the firefighters and gave us a week of beautiful weather and blue skies! We were able to do Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Chatham State Park, Waterton Canyon, St Mary's Glacier, Georgetown, the Guanella Pass, and the Colorado Wolf Preserve. Then the weekend came along with the Cameron Peak Fire. It was over 100 miles away but you could still smell it and bits of ash would be floating in the sky. I can't imagine what the job of firefighter must be like in Colorado or California, they are so brave and hard working. We were to leave Tuesday but decided to leave Monday afternoon due to the snow storm that was to hit the area. It was a fun trip which allowed us to catch up with several groups of relatives.

Now, to catch up at work and then get my fabric together to send out. Enjoy your day ladies!
Attached Thumbnails 118773056_10215117190357689_8488068022712729177_n.jpg  
Old 09-10-2020, 07:04 AM

GramE-She is a gorgeous little girl. Congratulations.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

That's some beautiful country, Irishmom! I'm sure you had a grand time.

MJP, no idea why so many blocks got the name "mosaic". Maybe there's some block history somewhere that we just haven't yet come across.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That’s really cool fabric, Hav, but how do you cut it?
My hope is you cut it how you see fit to make a block highlighting one of the states on the fabric you receive. I envision an eclectic mix of states and it is okay to have two of the same. The fabric made me smile so I bought it.

Here is what I am asking with the state fabric: I am going to call this quilt “The Road Trip.” Please make a block highlighting one of the states on your fabric. Please do not use white or cream (any style) and if you use red, please make sure it matches the red in the fabric words. Please use colors in the fabric. If you are paper piecing and need a little bit or white or cream, that is okay. I just do not want large amounts of lightness. Have fun and be creative.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:16 AM

Gram-E, congratulations on your new great-grandbaby. She is gorgeous.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

I love paisley, Annt. Your fabric reminds me of curry!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

So. It may be time to start sharing where all the good patterns for 12" blocks are online, free, of course! Most of you already know these sites, but some of our newer ladies may not. So here are a few suggestions:

Patchwork Square
https://patchworksquare.com/

Favequilts.com
https://www.favequilts.com/Block-Patterns

Generations
https://www.generations-quilt-patter...-patterns.html

Jinny Beyer
https://jinnybeyer.com/block-library/

Quilter's Cache (The Motherlode, but you have to open each pattern to see the block.)
https://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html

Anyone know of any others? Be sure you are making the 12" (or 12.5", unfinished) block. Some of these patterns have multiple sizes.

Happy planning!

(cross posted in the Pumpkins thread).
Old 09-11-2020, 05:49 AM

Quick FYI. GramE emailed me and she is withdrawing from the group. She had a fall recently and due to complications from it, she thinks it's best to withdraw. I'm hoping she'll sew along with us and post pix as she finishes them. I know we all wish her well.

As for what that means for us, keep sending me your full 19 F8s and we'll all just do one duplicate f8. Piece of cake.