Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 04-24-2021, 06:45 PM

Hi friends, It has been way to long. the last time I was with this group was 2017. I am back and looking forward to the 3 month group.
Now to find my fabric and get it ready to mail,
Old 04-25-2021, 03:29 AM

Hello, Nelco! So happy to hear you will be joining the fun this round. Please send an email to me at [email protected] with all the info requested at the end of the first post. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
Hi friends, It has been way to long. the last time I was with this group was 2017. I am back and looking forward to the 3 month group.
Now to find my fabric and get it ready to mail,
Old 04-25-2021, 10:08 AM

Morning! A couple questions:

1. Would it be helpful to starch the fabric? I'm thinking you probably don't want me to do that...

2. What size plastic bag do you use for each piece...is a quart big enough?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2021, 10:47 AM

Good afternoon, Kristijoy. Re: Starching, it’s a personal choice. I like to starch but we do try to keep aromas to a minimum as some Boomers are sensitive to them. If starching is your preference, please allow the fabric to air out a bit before bagging.

As for size of the baggies, usually the smaller the better. I like to use sandwich size baggies. I put the folded F8 and a small note with my board name clearly marked on it and my color requests, if I have any, inside.

As long as I’ve mentioned color requests, please note you don’t need to have any. If, however, you have a vision of your finished quilt and it doesn’t include white for example, I’d request that white not be used with your fabric. If you’d like to see your fabric paired with blue, you may request that. Remember, be clear with your requests and not so specific as to make it very difficult for your fellow swappers to achieve your desired results.

Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Morning! A couple questions:

1. Would it be helpful to starch the fabric? I'm thinking you probably don't want me to do that...

2. What size plastic bag do you use for each piece...is a quart big enough?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2021, 05:11 PM

Thanks Janice! That's exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll skip the starch and look for smaller baggies.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:34 PM

Kristi, you can always reuse the bags in the next BOOM...... The flatter the bag lays the better so try to avoid the ones that have that bulky rectangle that slides the seal shut for you.

Also, padded envelopes will be sent to you for free from the post office if you order them online. https://store.usps.com/store/product...elope-P_EP14PE

I see that they have forever padded envelopes available now, too. Those aren't free ($8.55 each) but I might just get some. https://store.usps.com/store/product...4pe-P_PPEP14PE

Old 04-25-2021, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Hi Friends,
Glad to see some new names and some old ones coming back! We are going to have fun with this boom.
Terri, congrats on getting the new trailer installed.
MJP, I bet we all are envious of your beautiful outdoor sewing setup with your friend. Wish I could come join you!
Ibex, I had forgotten about Forever padded envelopes. With the way they are raising prices, it's worth it to have a few on hand.

I've been in Memphis, helping my kids renovate their new house and pack up their stuff to move. Lots of babysitting too, which I love, of course. My GDs are two now. It's so much fun talking to Ivy, now that she is so articulate. But this old body hurts from all the extra bending and lifting... ouch.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:12 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Below is a list of everyone who has signed up so far and the group or groups you wish to join. You all should have gotten a reply from me. If you have not, please let me know.

Terriamn - 3
Marcialee - 3
Ibex94 - 3
Bibliostone - 3
Klaws - 3
Juliasb - 3
Sewbizgirl - 2 & 3
Kristijoy - 3
JayneW - 3
Hav4boys - 2 & 3
AHWU - 3
MJPEncinitas/Stcpawz - 3
Annt59 - 3
Nelco - 3

As you can see, we are heavy on the 3 month with 14 people. Hav4boys and Sewbizgirl also want a 2 month group. At this point in the sign-ups, it looks like we won't be able to pull off a 2 month group so we'll probably just have a single 3 month group. That's fine with me. Sign-ups are open through the 30th so we'll see how the next few days go.

Anyone who is considering joining us and hasn't yet done so, please jump on in! We're happy to take repeat Boomer and newbies as well. Come join us!

Last edited by Janice McC; 04-26-2021 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:26 AM

We have babies. My twin grand daughters were born a few days ago. Amelia and Eleanor They are between two and three pounds and will be in their own little NICU room for 10 weeks or so. The Nebraska Methodists women’s hospital classifies them as ‘ growers and feeders’ which is good. Last year this hospital delivered five sets of triplets in one month and sent all the babies home, so they are in the right place.

im bringing a sewing machine and quilt projects for my two bonus grandchildren.

today I go to the quilt store to get the companion fabric for the Kaffe Fasset fabric I’m sending. Each of you will get a different Kaffe fabric. I think you’ll have fun with it. I’ll bag up the fabric and send my partner will send it to Janice. I. Really looking forward to the boom, connecting with old friends and meeting new friends.

We are headed to Omaha for a month on Saturday to drive my daughter to the NICU four times a day and take care of my bonus grand children. Omaha in May will be better than the 6 months we will spend there starting in October.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 04-26-2021 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:31 AM

MJP, Congratulations, Grandma! Wishing your daughter a swift recovery from childbirth and your granddaughters a very healthy and trouble-free start in life. Many hugs coming your way for all!