Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 06-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Pretty block for Marcialee, SBG. How's the hand feeling?
As you can see that block is far from perfect. It was really a struggle with my hand in this cast. And my thumb hurts when I try to use it, so I've decided no more sewing blocks for a couple of weeks. Not only that, but did we realize that rotary cutting is a 2-handed activity? So cutting hurts too! Maybe I can sew some precut blocks during this time and work on that Jacob's Ladder project.

I can't type properly... only peck one-handed, so life is just pretty boring! I've been sleeping a lot and reading books.

Thanks for asking, Janice. This too shall pass.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:20 PM

Nelco thank you for the wonderful block. That fabric is challenging and I love what you did with it.

H4B I’ll be thinking of you and your mom. I wish I could make her better for you!

all the blocks look especially good this time around. H4B I’m amazed at how fast you make those intricate blocks.

Good luck with the hand SBG. I hope the healing goes quickly.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:37 AM

Default Blocks

Thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks coming my way.

I wanted to make sure you all know that my sewing partner is making 1/2 the blocks. She is a older boom customer. Loriann Mosher. You will notice that we pick a block to make and we each choose our own colors It amazes me how different they can be

Here is the 4 blocks we did yesterday
In order of photo
Annt57. Have4boys. Kristijoy. Klaws
Attached Thumbnails 5fbb16aa-7da8-4877-8128-1b0225e421b2.jpeg   641914da-951c-455f-98ed-65b58493dc0e.jpeg  

Last edited by marcialee; 06-05-2021 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Names
Old 06-05-2021, 05:46 AM

Marcialee love seeing the same block in different colors, all 4 are wonderful

Sewbiz I tore the tendons and cartridge in my thumb and was in a cast up over my wrist. My doc said if I didn’t quit trying to use it the healing process would take much longer. Not being able to use my hand about drove me crazy

We signed with a realtor yesterday, pictures will be on Thursday, it will hit MLS on Friday morning and will start showing immediately on Friday afternoon. Only ting left to do is ceiling in my sewing room needs some attention and a few odds and ends sewing stuff to pack. We did a through cleaning of each room as we painted or decluttered each room so the last minute cleaning should go fast. We were amazed at the different commissions rates the realtors charge.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:35 AM

SBG I hope you heal up quickly and with as little challenge as possible. All the blocks I am seeing for everyone are beyond beautiful!
I am going a bit slower this Boom than in others. My back is a serious problem when sitting more than a few minutes at the sewing machine. That will be taken care of June 23th with a Rhizotomy to the lower Lumbar. After that I will be pain free for a while and be able to stand and walk better for many months to come. Seems like I have to have this done every year or so. The last one lasted more than a year and a half. Most likely because of being inside because of COVID.
Today I am working on a block for Nelco. If I am up to it I will at least get another one cut.
I love reading about everyone's progress and following the gallery. These blocks are booming!
Old 06-05-2021, 05:53 PM

Here are two from me! Hav4boys and terriamn. It's fun moving from the patriotic ones to the flowers! So far I have 13 done.

We have one more week to get ready for our RV trip. I've been arranging cupboards. My husband has been experimenting with the solar panels and installing a refrigerator emergency shutoff. This week I'll cook a few more things that we'll take 'frozen'. I have at least 1 soup I want to make and perhaps a little baking.
Attached Thumbnails win_20210605_18_43_56_pro-small.jpg   win_20210605_18_43_30_pro-small.jpg  
Old 06-05-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks coming my way.

I wanted to make sure you all know that my sewing partner is making 1/2 the blocks. She is a older boom customer. Loriann Mosher. You will notice that we pick a block to make and we each choose our own colors It amazes me how different they can be

Here is the 4 blocks we did yesterday
In order of photo
Annt57. Have4boys. Kristijoy. Klaws
Marcialee, I don't know if my block as made by you or Loriann but thank you so much. I love it!
Old 06-06-2021, 04:34 AM

Kristie thank you for the fabulous block, love the colors you chose
Old 06-06-2021, 05:15 AM

Beautiful blocks. SBG if I could sew as well as you with your broken hand, I would be thrilled!
Old 06-06-2021, 08:57 AM

I have finished the block for Nelco. Here it is. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails nelco.jpg