Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-28-2021, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

I love that, Janice! So do you cut all the pieces ahead of time and keep them stacked to the right of your sewing machine?
Old 05-28-2021, 09:13 PM

I cut up enough for 20 or so and then leave them in a small box beside the machine. When those are gone I cut up more. I don’t like doing too much cutting at one time. I get bored.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I love that, Janice! So do you cut all the pieces ahead of time and keep them stacked to the right of your sewing machine?
Old 05-29-2021, 04:06 AM

Good morning, Zinnias! We had a wicked thunderstorm roll through last night and it brought nice, cool temperatures with it. What a relief from the last few days of stifling heat and humidity.

It looks like everyone has had a block made for them. If you haven't yet checked out the gallery, please do so. I've got some more to add this morning. Speaking of blocks, Ahwu, I particularly like that second Spartan block you made for JayneW. So interesting to look at! Marcialee, pretty first blocks you've made. Kristijoy, another fine block for Ibex94. Great jobs, ladies!

Thank you all for getting in touch with me re: your F8 count. Unfortunately, nobody received extras. The four f8s seem to have disappeared into thin air. It's frustrating and disappointing. I'll send an email out later today to those affected by the loss.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and a pleasant long Memorial Day Weekend.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:57 AM

Kristie and ahwu love your blocks

Janice what a fun scrap quilt, I just can’t get into making them because of all the cutting involved

Our friends retirement party last night was wonderful, first time in a year we could all get together. Had a potluck of appetizers, sat around a bonfire and one of the guys grabbed his guitar and we all sang for a few hours. Wonderful post Covid get together
Old 05-29-2021, 06:28 AM

I've sent out emails to the three Boomers whose F8s have gone into the wind. Ahwu and Juliasb both have one missing and JayneW has two missing. I've already heard back from both Juliasb and JayneW who are tremendously gracious about it. Thank you, JayneW and Juliasb. You all have my apologies for this weird and distracting happening, definitely a first and not in a good way.

Thanks, Terriamn. I love the quilt but hate the cutting. Glad you had a fabulous time with your friends! Sounds like the perfect evening.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Kristie and ahwu love your blocks

Janice what a fun scrap quilt, I just can’t get into making them because of all the cutting involved

Our friends retirement party last night was wonderful, first time in a year we could all get together. Had a potluck of appetizers, sat around a bonfire and one of the guys grabbed his guitar and we all sang for a few hours. Wonderful post Covid get together

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-29-2021 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:53 AM

Once I got caught up here I see that my concerns about having up to 3 for the same person are not a real concern. I also finished another block. I regret that this block is not so perfect but it does lay flat. I am usually right on but somehow I missed on this one. I hope you will still enjoy it Jayne W. Not the best picture either. I seem to be missing things this morning. Time for a break.
Attached Thumbnails jaynew2.jpg  
Old 05-29-2021, 07:07 AM

Wow! All my blocks are amazing. You are doing amazing things with The Sparty fabric!! I am blown away Every time I login. Speaking of being blown away, we leave this afternoon for our sail trip. Not sure if I’ll be checking in or not but I will be excited to make blocks when I get home!
Old 05-29-2021, 08:15 AM

Jayne, have a fabulous sail trip! I hope the weather cooperates and you have a safe voyage.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Wow! All my blocks are amazing. You are doing amazing things with The Sparty fabric!! I am blown away Every time I login. Speaking of being blown away, we leave this afternoon for our sail trip. Not sure if I’ll be checking in or not but I will be excited to make blocks when I get home!
Old 05-29-2021, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Have a wonderful trip, Jayne!
Old 05-29-2021, 09:54 AM

Have a great trip Jayne! Sounds like a marvelous adventure! We can feel the travel bug too. Our trip starts in a little over 2 weeks!