Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-11-2021, 03:12 AM

Good morning. It’s a warm, humid morning here and sitting outside is like taking a shower. I’m opting for the ac. My sewing area is finally all packed except for the machine. The movers will take it. I’ll cart all my quilting things in hubby’s suv and my car. Kind of breaks my heart to dismantle everything. But then I’ll have the fun of rediscovering it all in a couple of months.

SBG, had to laugh at the Hoarders reference. I feel the same way after even watching a few minutes of it. My sister was a minor league hoarder and I had to clear out her house and so I've always been mindful not to walk that road. Still, 27 years is a long time and stuff does accumulate. Lots going for donation.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:45 AM

I forgot to mention earlier that some packages are taking up to a week to arrive. Please keep that in mind when you prepare to ship.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Janice, hubby is a minor league hoarder too. It's a battle to get stuff thrown out. Even tho stuff has sat for a decade or more, he's sure that as soon as it's gone, he will need it. He's good at shuffling piles, tho!

Hope all goes well with the packing and moving. Just did it for my daughter and I ended up packing up most of the house while they worked. Pace yourself. You only have one back and it has to last you a while!
Old 07-11-2021, 06:32 AM

Sewbiz boy can I replace to the back. Have learned to take breaks and not just a 2 minute one but at least 10 minutes to let back relax.

The town where we put an offer on house has a population of under 2,000. We are not bidding against as many people as you probably were but lack of homes on the market seems to be the same all across the US. We are back at our house in Minneapolis. Our goal is to have everything painted, clean and odds and ends out to the garage y the end of tomorrow

I have a beautiful “ old lady “ hutch that won’t fit in dining room of new house, thinking of bringing it with to store fabric, do you think it would just take up to much space or be worth bringing along
Old 07-11-2021, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

I have a beautiful “ old lady “ hutch that won’t fit in dining room of new house, thinking of bringing it with to store fabric, do you think it would just take up to much space or be worth bringing along
Sounds like it might be some good storage space... If not, you can always sell it or put it out for someone to "freecycle".
Old 07-11-2021, 04:02 PM

Terriamn, I’ve seen lots of hutches and cabinets online that were used to store quilts and/or fabric. I guess it depends on how big the room is it’s going into. I’ve got small rooms in our new house so I couldn’t do it. Maybe yours will be more spacious.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:50 PM

Hip hip hooray, Janice must have brought us good luck. Our offer was excepted, don’t have a move in dates yet, will find out more info tomorrow

Janice how far away is your new house from your current home.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:53 PM

sounds like everyone has had a very busy summer so far. Congrats to all that are selling and moving and good luck.
I love all the block that are being made. Been very busy here sewing for customers, working full time, trying to do some updated work at my other place(keeping the tenant happy is a good thing).
Lori and I are making jelly and jams daily.
Thank you for all my nice blocks. can't wait to see them all together.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:42 AM

Terriamn, congratulations on the new house! Woo hoo! Great news!!!!!

Our new house is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours north of us, maybe 160 miles. It's much closer to the grand! It'll be wonderful to see them much more frequently!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Hip hip hooray, Janice must have brought us good luck. Our offer was excepted, don’t have a move in dates yet, will find out more info tomorrow

Janice how far away is your new house from your current home.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:47 AM

Default Boom Biz - Important!

Due to changing moving dates, if you have not yet mailed your blocks to me, please hold them! They are taking so long to arrive, I'm afraid of packages arriving mid-move and remodeling. When we are settled in the new house, I will ask that you begin shipping again. That should be early August. The absolute last thing I want is for your packages to be temporarily misplaced or worse yet, have to be forwarded to NC from GA.

So please, please, please, do not ship until further notice. Thank you!!!