Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-10-2022, 04:53 AM

Good morning, Boomers! We have two groups and both will be sending me 19 F8s.

2 month group - 9 - Azaleas
TravelingGramma
Annaquilts
Hav4boys
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Rebaquilts
Libster
GramE
macybaby

3 month group - 15 - Begonias
TravelingGramma
Annaquilts
Hav4boys
Terriamn
Petthefabric
NZQuilter
Sewbizgirl
JayneW
Libster
Bibliostone
mjpEncinitas
Marcialee
Lstew2212
Klaws
Macybaby

These are our groups. Woo hoo! Both groups will send me 19 F8s and you will receive 19 completed blocks back. Please start prepping your fabric. I’ll send out an email with my address in a few days. Please hold all F8s until then. I’ll also set up a separate thread for each group and you’ll be able to post to your own group or groups.

I’m off in a few minutes but I’ll be able to check in. Anyone with any questions please email me or post here and I’ll answer within 24 hours, if not sooner.

Have a great day, Azaleas and Begonias!

Old 01-10-2022, 05:58 AM

Letsew, gramE and Petthefabric, love your fabric choices, this is going to be fun

Janice when I made my one true scrapy quilt I didn’t care for it at all. Like you I thought it was to scrappy. When it was finished it turned out to be one of my very favorites. With your cornerstones and lattice I think yours will be beautiful

I am trying to finish up paperpiecing blocks for a swap that I am in before choosing my 2 month fabric. I am constantly changing mt mind. Do I go for a variety group or a spring floral. Decisions decisions
Old 01-10-2022, 05:59 AM

Janice....I do not see your name. All the work you do for this and you aren't playing. Wow is all I can say
Old 01-10-2022, 06:11 AM

TG, I’ve been debating joining - back and forth, back and forth. . I dont have anything in my stash and I haven’t been able to visit the LQS and here I am going out of town again. If I can find a fabric I like before I send out F8s, I might jump in. It won’t change the number of F8s everyone sends, just means one less duplicate for that group.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Janice....I do not see your name. All the work you do for this and you aren't playing. Wow is all I can say
Old 01-10-2022, 06:16 AM

Janice, I hope you do join us. I love getting blocks from you. Enjoy your time with the littles. They are the most precious thing in the world to me.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:39 AM

I hope you do join in, Janice. Thanks for all the work you do for these swaps. I love the names you chose too! Begonias are such pretty flowers.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:22 AM

Janice, please check the cost of mailing the padded flat rate envelopes. I think they went up. From what I can see online, the cost is $9.65. I might be wrong. I hope I am.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:33 AM

Hello everyone! I told myself I couldn't sign up unless I got one more UFO assembled. I've been sewing hard all week on my Harriet's Journey quilt, and got the floppy finished yesterday afternoon.

I'll be visiting my stash this week to select fabric.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:13 AM

You are absolutely correct Klaws. $9.65!!! When I checked prices two weeks ago it was still showing the amount I put in the sign up post. It changed very recently. So that’s it Boomers. Shipping is $9.65 for a padded 2 day envelope. Uggg!
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Janice, please check the cost of mailing the padded flat rate envelopes. I think they went up. From what I can see online, the cost is $9.65. I might be wrong. I hope I am.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:00 AM

I feel like my Boom fabric is pretty boring compared to all of yours, but I wanted to use what I have in my stash, and I have an entire bolt of this fabric. I'm asking for any color you think will compliment it and a white background.
Attached Thumbnails img_20220110_094524520.jpg