Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-10-2022, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I know you will work your magic! Everyone will get either the purple or blue.
Will you be willing to send a small blue or purple square to me (the opposite color) so I could incorporate the right shade of the other color as an option? Hugs!!! (And I love the colors! It will be very cool!!)
Old 01-10-2022, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
i will include picture of the other train fabric which i will incorporate into the quilt
same question would you be willing to include a small square of the train motif for color matching? I know what you mean by letting it speak to you. And one of the little trains would help me for sure :-) Hugs!!
Old 01-10-2022, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Cool fabrics, Jayne and TG! It will be fun working with them.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:33 AM

Hope I can remember to make all the responses I want to. NZ love your delicate fabric, Jayne your tropical fabric is gorgeous and TG hope I can find some train fabric here.

Macybaby glad you are joining us and Janice sure hope you can join in. Have a great time visiting your family

I am off shortly to help the quilters here and see what it is all about
Old 01-11-2022, 07:22 AM

Sewbiz half of that that string quilt pattern would make an awesome border!
Old 01-11-2022, 07:35 AM

Got another boom quilt done. This one went quicker than usual because stcpaws and I had two minions to help us finish the quilt. We made if tor a fellow tennis player who is going in for breast cancer surgery. We used the turtle boom blocks, and a precut jelly roll to make things go quicker.

Stc put the blocks together and added the precut border. I made the pieced borders and put the top together. Heidi and Inge did almost all the cutting and all the ironing. I had everything prepared so we could use the help of non quilters. We worked outside from 10:30 -5:30, and got the top completed. I finished the quilting and binding and our friend Gretchen cried when she got it. She loved your beautiful blocks.

because we did this all in one day I was able to figure out the woman hours for the quilt. I assumed it took 2 hours to make each boom block. For StC and I, we average closer to 3 but we are slow. It was about 75 hours to make this quilt. Very minimal quilting for me. Did put dolphins in the borders. It’s very soft and cuddly. The last block went on the back as a label.

many thanks for all your blocks. It enabled us to put this quilt together before Gretchens surgery.

we called this Turtles and Dolphins; a German Girl quilt.

Attached Thumbnails a148354f-4ff2-4e16-8c40-aa9e527790ac.jpeg  
Old 01-11-2022, 07:56 AM

MJP - love your quilt - and I can say that 2-3 hours for making the block but at least another 12 to procrastinate the pattern and fabric! And i see my block!! I love looking at how the blocks we all made and saw are put together, The fact that you had so much help and fun is a big plus!
Old 01-11-2022, 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=terriamn;8530297
I am off shortly to help the quilters here and see what it is all about[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to hear all about it. The last place we stayed all the crafters got together once a week to make quilts, blankets, hats, etc for the area. Was a great bunch of women all doing their own type of needle work. I sure do miss those type of sessions.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:04 AM

Default Boom Biz - shipping

Reminder, shipping cost has jumped to $9.65 for a Usps 2 day Priority padded envelope. Please be sure to include that amount, or a prepaid label, in your packages as you prep them.

I’m working on your emails today.

mjpEncinitas, yours and Stcpawz’s quilt is wonderful. I’m sure your friend will greatly appreciate it. How lovely you two had helpers to get it done more quickly.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

MJP and Stcpawz, LOVE the quilt! I love the turtle fabric, and I see my block! I think it's cool how you inserted two columns of scrappy greens-- really creative. No wonder your friend cried.