Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-02-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here is the Kaffe Fasset fabric I’m sending in for the boom, similar to what I sent last time. It was a fat quarter pack. There is also a melon companion fabric for most. I only have 15 of these so I’ll have to figure out what to do if we get a full complement. I want to make a king sized quilt but I’m not sure I have enough fabric to do that. I think it will be fun fabric for the boom.
MJP I recall when you first sent kaffe fasset fabric - it was new to me and really helped me look at a block differently. Your art quilt is stunning - you have a great eye for color and design. So cool to see someone create new things.

I have enjoyed all you gals and learning new tricks. When I look back over the many years to the first blocks I made, I can see how I have evolved and thinking more outside of the box. Thank you!
GramE - you introduced me to Inklingo - what a terrific find. Love your work - I have been using the fall quilt that you appliqued a tree with a tire swing and lotsa leaves - amazing! Glad to see you feeling well enough to join us.

And over the years I have gotten to meet a few of you and loved it! Anyone in AZ?
So for the newbies - reach out and enjoy the fun!
Old 01-02-2022, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Good morning everyone...
We are waiting for the cold weather here too. It was in the 80's yesterday and tho it's cooler this morning, we haven't reached those promised low temps yet. They said we could get snow here also, but I don't see how. A little snow would be nice. Just a little. There's a reason why I live in Mississippi!

Janice do you think we will definitely make 2 groups? I wanted to check so I know if I should look for one fabric to use, or two.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:38 AM

SBG, we have signed up 8 people for the two month group and 14 plus one maybe for the three month group. We can always double up (or even round up to 19) if that’s what the 2 month group wants. I’d guess we’d at least double up. We’ll have to see what the next few days of signups bring. I hoping for a few more but you know I’ll try to accommodate everyone as best I can.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
One of my goals has been to make art quilts. This one took me about a year to make, although there were other quilts done while I was making this one. The peacock is framed by boom squares. It has a lot of FMQ on it. Each block got a special quilting pattern on it. I’ll get better pictures when we hang it. It’s for my tennis partner.

Beautiful quilt, you are so talented. I am glad to be working with you ladies again.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:59 PM

Calling for snow in my state also, but I do live in PA. It’s been really warm here, to warm for the winters here.

Old 01-03-2022, 03:54 AM

Well, we’ve got a dusting of snow here in Western NC. I got up early, it’s still dark, and have been watching snow lightning. Definitely worth getting up for. lol. It supposed to continue for a couple of more hours but will probably be gone by later today. Anyone else getting snow?

Old 01-03-2022, 04:10 AM

The cold has hit Southern Texas. Saturday the high was 95 with a low of 55, yesterday the Highway 52 with a low of 33. But no complaint since it was minus 27 at home.

Janice I believe their is a large group of quilters here, last year all activities were shut down with Covid. This year they were ramping up but already cutting back again with the new wave of Covid coming through

We are so excited, one of our closest and dearest friends is coming down for a 2 week visit. Unfortunately it’s not just to get away from the cold but to grieve. She lost her sister to cancer and 2 weeks later her husband to Covid. I am sure there will be lots of tears but hoping we can bring some comfort to her. She loves looking at my quilting blocks and it will be fun showing her the actual process of making blocks for our boom

Stay warm and safe
Old 01-03-2022, 04:19 AM

Terriamn, I’m sorry to hear that your friend has had such deep losses so close together. It must be heartbreaking. I’m sure you will be a loving comfort to her. Maybe your friend will find some peace in trying quilting. It has worked wonders for some. It’s great that you have a lot of quilters nearby. Let’s hope you all will be able to share your quilting this year.

Old 01-03-2022, 06:42 AM

Default Boom Biz

Good morning, again. Here's a list of people who have signed up as of yesterday. They're in no particular order. If you have signed up, please make sure your name is on the correct list. If I've goofed, don't hesitate to let me know. Thank youl

2 month group - 8
TravelingGramma
Annaquilts
Hav4boys
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Rebaquilts
Libster
GramE

3 month group - 14
TravelingGramma
Annaquilts
Hav4boys
Terriamn
Petthefabric
NZQuilter
Sewbizgirl
JayneW
Libster
Bibliostone
mjpEncinitas
Marcialee* - need a sign-up email please
Lstew2212
Klaws

If there is anyone out there fence-sitting, please do seriously consider joining us. We have a great time and make and receive a beautiful selection of blocks. It's always a pleasure hosting this swap!
Old 01-03-2022, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Terri, I'm so sorry for your friend's terrible losses. I know being with you will be a great comfort to her now. I hope she feels like learning to quilt with you.

We got some beautiful snow flurries yesterday, but it stopped too soon for any to accumulate on the ground. Today it's still below freezing, but the sun is out and the sky is blue! A beautiful, cold winter day here.

It's exciting to see the sign up list growing! I can't wait until it's block making time.