Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-15-2022, 10:57 AM

Terriamn, Congrats on the new home. Wishing you much luck on finding furniture.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here is my tie dye block for Azaleas.
Have4boys, love your blocks. Great piecing I love the piecing part of quilt making.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:12 AM

The forecast is predicting 6-9 inches in our area. That really means 3-15 to us. My fabrics are ready to be sent, but it looks like I will be able to get them to the PO on Tuesday. We have been to the grocery store, I have TP and wine. I'm Ready. As long as the power doesn't go out, I'm going to be working in my sewing room tomorrow. I will get a pot of chili started on my crockpot early. We will have something warm to eat while we hunker down. Everyone in the path of the storm, stay safe and warm.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:19 PM

The only reason I love a snowstorm is because I can slow cook soups....and sew!
Old 01-15-2022, 12:56 PM

For the first time since I’ve been here we had a Tsunami warning this morning. All is well.

good luck to all who are setting up new homes. Challenging during this pandemic. Pictures please.

i can’t wait to get my hands on the animal, chicken and and Native American fabric . My SIL and grand kids are part of the Oneida nation. I’ve always wanted to make an applique chicken block. We need Kassaundra for her chicken expertise.

Mailed my squishy this morning.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:01 PM

DH is in charge of dinner tonight so I can sew all day between loads of laundry. And there isn’t much of that with just the two of us. I’m one seam away from finishing my scrappy top. Just have to join the two pieces I’ve got and I’ll call it done. Or not. Lol. Can’t decide on a border so I’ll just look at it for a bit then decide.

The flurries have started but it won’t begin snowing in earnest until after dark.

Thanks to all who sent their emails! Tomorrow, weather permitting (no power outages) I should get the group threads set up. Then you can begin posting there. It’ll be particularly important to make sure you post your photos to the correct thread or they will difficult for me to move them properly to the right gallery page. I’ll pick up your pix from the signup thread so you dont need to repost them unless you want to.

I’m off to sew that last seam. Woo hoo! Then it’s dinner and football on tv tonight.

stay warm, Boomers!
Old 01-15-2022, 01:15 PM

Two more blocks done this afternoon. No flurries yet, but it's really cloudy and the wind's beginning to blow. Supposed to start about midnight here. I'm as ready as I can be.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0046-2-.jpg   100_0052-2-.jpg  
Old 01-15-2022, 02:20 PM

Lovely blocks Libster. You’re on a roll!

So despite playing bobbin chicken (and losing by 1 yard) and having to partially resew a portion of the last seam, the scrappy top is done, whew! Now I feel like I can concentrate on the swap.

Old 01-15-2022, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
For the first time since I’ve been here we had a Tsunami warning this morning. All is well.

good luck to all who are setting up new homes. Challenging during this pandemic. Pictures please.

i can’t wait to get my hands on the animal, chicken and and Native American fabric . My SIL and grand kids are part of the Oneida nation. I’ve always wanted to make an applique chicken block. We need Kassaundra for her chicken expertise.

Mailed my squishy this morning.
I hope you will be fine and it will stay at a warning. I am so happy with everyone's enthusiasm to work on the different fabrics I entered. I am looking forward to what people will make. Especially grateful for people to help me with the Native American/southwest quilt for my children's grandmother. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:07 AM

Annaquilts I went looking for fabric to go with your theme and no luck so far

Our friend from Mn that is visiting but renting so not staying with us has decided to stay an extra week. We have been on the go constantly. Having a wonderful visit.

H4B your block is absolutely gorgeous

MJP stay safe!